It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPACE WARS The Pentagon is spending $2 billion on mysterious space weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

No anned, we got something better than rods from god. Way better. Some people brag when it goes to 11. Ours goes to 511.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

If your talking about the BT's then really we dont know what there capabilitys are.
They could very well just be a bluff that uses light projectors and holograms or a very advanced airship.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Nope not talking about any sort of aircraft at all. But I can tell you....its very illuminating

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Nope not talking about any sort of aircraft at all. But I can tell you....its very illuminating

ACross a "quad" if im not mistaken you real genius you?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

'Space control' equals denial to the enemy, which equals hunter killer satellites.

Satellites orbiting specifically to hunt and kill enemy satellites..obviously.

Although...i thought there was a worldwide ban / treaty on the weaponisation of space?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Only on nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

O that thing!

Yeah thats pretty bad ass

I always forget about that thing. I shouldnt as that was a project I stumbled on with teh orion research and decided to back away.
edit on 14-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Also keep in mind its more than just satellite hunters.

Theres ways to deny satellite transmissions, communication s, reconnaissance. Etc. And not from space. Shut down an enemies entire targeting, communication and recon ability for a theatre. No coordination, total fog of war...for them

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yeah and if the public really knew how it worked they woukd be both astounded and terrified. But yeah, its bad ass.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yeah and if the public really knew how it worked they woukd be both astounded and terrified. But yeah, its bad ass.

Aww, come on guys, my curiousity is frustrated! It is no fun reading posts with innuendos and no source provided to find more detail, so that those like me are completely lost in the thread. Where can I find out more on what you are referencing?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Aww, come on guys, my curiousity is frustrated! It is no fun reading posts with innuendos and no source provided to find more detail, so that those like me are completely lost in the thread. Where can I find out more on what you are referencing?

Lets just say...we can fry a entire city without a nuclear detonation.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Wright-Patterson is always a good place to start. They have fun research labs and have let a few things sneak by in the 90s.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Start by looking up what happened to some photograhpers near the military testing grounds in Utah.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That's like reading the end of the book and trying to figure out what happened.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought our little fat Korean Friend got to take a peak to shut him up when he kicked off a few years back too?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Theres no money in space travel only conquest of other humans

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
a reply to: Mandroid7

Theres no money in space travel only conquest of other humans

Yeah... all those resources beg to differ.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

We could tell you but you wouldn't believe us. Ever seen the movie independence day where the mothership blows up a city in one shot. Sorta like that...but better.
edit on 14-5-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: lostbook

Although...i thought there was a worldwide ban / treaty on the weaponisation of space?

Yes there is a ban, a sneaky plan to slow down the enemy from weaponizing space.... that is what those bans are about.... But now since the Gulf War it's all about space superiority, the US doesn't give a hoot about bans in space anymore... The future is now and it's all about World dominance.... that is the Master Plan!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

The ban has never covered conventional weapons. That's why the Soviets launched a 23mm gun to test in space as well as satellite killers.

But yeah, it's all about the evil US as usual.

Article IV
States Parties to the Treaty undertake not to place in orbit around the Earth any objects carrying nuclear weapons or any other kinds of weapons of mass destruction, install such weapons on celestial bodies, or station such weapons in outer space in any other manner.

The Moon and other celestial bodies shall be used by all States Parties to the Treaty exclusively for peaceful purposes. The establishment of military bases, installations and fortifications, the testing of any type of weapons and the conduct of military maneuvers on celestial bodies shall be forbidden. The use of military personnel for scientific research or for any other peaceful purposes shall not be prohibited. The use of any equipment or facility necessary for peaceful exploration of the Moon and other celestial bodies shall also not be prohibited

m.state.gov...
edit on 5/14/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join