It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees In My Town Making Me Nervous

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

By definition people without a record are criminals.

But I said CRIMINAL record, didn't I.

And he isnt saying they have no record of them at all, he said there is people that haven't garnered their attention. No where does he say he can't get the info.

Are you daft or something? The first guy asked if it is still a concern that the refugees can't be vetted properly due to the lack of information gathering methods, he confirms this and adds that they can only querry against what they have collected and that this a problem.

There is quite obviously a problem with getting this info and this is not surprising. Do you expect the FBI to have a database on the political views of all Syrians?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I guess these guys are mentally challenged too then huh? There's an excuse for every behaviour under the Sun if it suit's the agenda.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have some living on my street. I was driving slow last summer because there were kids out playing. I also had my window down. I had a 5 year old throw a rock at my car while yelling infidel. A few months ago I went to the smoke shop to pick up tobacco. After paying as I was leaving the lady yelled Allah Akbar. Just a couple of experiences with my local Muslims.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
imagine how terrified you would be OP if every time a crime was committed, the nationality and religion of the criminal was given

you would hear "american christian.....raped...murdered...." literally every day

its a media thing. don't let them control you

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

As I've stated white Americans are responsible for the majority of mass shootings .They kill more people per year than terrorists attacks by Islamic extremism in America .So by that logic Canada should stop accepting white Americans from coming to our country .
edit on 10-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Havent been on this website for ages and what changes have been made by its subscribers!
Is this full of American teenagers that have never been outside of their country are are fed information through CSI and Homeland or Are people truly that ignorant?

No wonder you have such a candidate like Trump. There is a saying: "Every nation has the government they deserve" Well, lets see what happens with that but I do get the impression this is full of teenagers because some of the affirmations here are shocking. My god, get a passport and travel once you reached 18.

OP, why are you nervous about them? Is it the fact that they are Muslim? (I bet many of them are Christian as 59% of the population is Muslim and rest are Christians) The fact they are Syrian? The fact they are running away from Syria? I am very confused as to what its causing your skin to itch.

Is that what I have to do to get a leg up in starting a business these days? Fake being a refugee so I can open up shop selling baklava or something? I'm sure as hell getting no help as an honest citizen.

I doubt they are being given money to start a business. Many of the Syrians that immigrated weren't really refugees and were actually people of money and therefore did open businesses.
As a refugee, I am not sure in your country but in the UK, you have several restrictions and one of them is not being able to go back to your country.
Maybe for you to start a business is do what everyone else do (including myself) and get a loan??? Or you prefer government handouts? Bad start mate.

What's the big deal about using military time? Many people use military time? At work, which is nothing to do with military (thank God), we use military time to avoid confusion between 7am and 7pm.. Many people use it!

Every time I see a woman in a Burqa, I try to start a conversation, but they just ignore me and seem to hurriedly walk away nervous. Do they fear backlash from their husbands? Or is it they have discovered my true motives is to discover the secrets they are hiding under that cloak, and beyond

No, they probably run from you because you look like an inbred. Who anyways goes an talk to random people? Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable too? Unless sits a nice day and you got the weather to talk about. This comment is gold with a shade on ignorant

Here is a good question. What is our western medical establishment going to do when they have to start treating infected FGM's. Oh wait, our western medical practice practices MGM's. Both religious practice.

AHEM, you do know that FGM is something that happens in AFRICA right? and last time I checked Syria hasnt detached itself of Asia (Middle East) and sailed away to attached itself to Africa. Or has it?
Did you know (GASP!) that FGM is practised in many CHRISTIAN countries? OMG! Did you hear that?! OMG!!! NO WAY! YES WAY!

Well, considering Christians, Jews and other religions are being gradually removed from most states where Islam holds sway, I would be tempted to say that co-existence with Christians is not on the cards. The inability and unwillingness to integrate is a really serious problem.

Really? Could you please suggest a nice biased articled to support your claim? Last time I went to Morocco, in Marrakesh there were hundreds of Jews that freely walked around the city and their neighbour was pretty much next to all the Muslims, in teh city centre (medina) and its called (Mellah)?

have you heard of India? I have been there too and many Muslims and Hindus and Christians (Portugal tried to colonised India for a while - Goa being pretty much Colonial Portuguese architecture with many Fernandes, Da Sousa last names) and no problems. In MANY places in India they live OK together now the north its another story which is more political than religious.

Do you think about Saudi Arabia when expressing such accounts? You do know that Saudi Arabia is probably ISIS itself right? A country that was name a "Human rights" ambassador which flogs and beheads dozens of people per month? I mean, if anyone hasn't questioned the relationship the west has with SA, the millions of millions of Pounds - in the case of the UK - pouring into London, its whereabouts and origins - you havent put on your tin foil hat accordantly. Saudi Arabi is probably the most terrorist country in the world, heavily finicing terrorist groups. Why hasnt they received any Muslims? Because Syrian Muslims are considered second class Muslims - SA Muslims are the "top" because Islam was created there - then the Saudis came and twisted the Quran, and became the corrupted, oppressed country they are now. But thats another story.

Come to London mate, I show you around the best Middle Eastern restaurants, the neighbourhood at Holloway Rd and how Ecuadorians, Ghanaians, Brazilians, British, Pakistanis and others live happily in one bloody 1km square mile because its so dense and expensive in the city you need to live on top of another. Absolute gem. Little world is London and how proud we are of that. No wonder we use an "Oyster Card" to travel around London. Thank God the British, more likely in the South and some big cities such as Manchester, have learn to co-exist. Yes, intolerance still exists but it is really frown upon.
We elected a Muslim major mate with that "he being Muslim" being the last thought. The first thought was: "lets not elect Conservatives ever again!" And the second thought was "he is working class, he probably understand me better than Goldsmith - a rich, privileged twat!" - who is married to a Rothschild!

Seriously though, tables could easily turn. Just give Trump a chance and we will see the UK flooded with Irish/Scottish/English ancestry passports from America, running away from the mad man.

You never know

edit on 11-5-2016 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by azulejo because: typos

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I would call this a no go zone in London
, but these are West Ham supporters in London. Not Muslims

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I would call this a no go zone in London
, but these are West Ham supporters in London. Not Muslims

I really wish I could give you more stars for that, but in the interests of fairness - it was some idiotic West Ham supporters who should not be seen as representative of all (from an Arsenal fan).

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just because all population groups have bad people among them doesn't mean that one should not be wary of refugees entering ones country while ISIS has literally said that they would send in their operatives along with the refugees.

Most of the time you lot sound like children incapable of making a valid and relevant argument.
edit on 11-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Maybe they don't talk to you bc they can sense that you are a bigot and judging them all the time.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Why would anyone yell "Praise God" at you? Christian Arabs say Allahu Akbar too.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Don't you know if someone is speaking Arabic they are planning something horrible !!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I know the difference between Chaldean and Muslim. I have no idea why she said it but she wasn't very nice when we spoke. I have 3 mosques within a mile of my house. There is also a large Chaldean community here. Over the past 20 years I've learned to spot the differences.

I noticed on days I wear camouflage I get a lot of nasty looks from the people wearing burkas and white beanies.
edit on 11-5-2016 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join