It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees In My Town Making Me Nervous

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: onequestion

Why don't you say hi and try being neighborly? I'm sure they are trying to lay low as best they can, are scared and traumatized from the war zone they left and the harsh journey they had to make to get out of hell.

Yeah I'm sure they're all nice! Until they beat a helpless woman unconscious and gang rape her.

I assume you're American.

Perhaps you're all nice until you come into work or school shooting.

Same difference.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Other posters live in these so called no go zones as well and they tell a different story... people I trust, who have proven their integrity over and over.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Kali74

How do you know that have you been there and seen it?

I wonder what the members from the UK have to say about that...

Many members here from the UK say that it is nothing but BS.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: AVtech34

There isn't any Christian nation in the middle east, the birthplace of Christianity

That tells you all you need to know

Who says there has to be? I'm sure some Native American would be more than happy to take your land seeing how their people were here first.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

The meaning behind Trumps using it is the same though.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

And what was the meaning when Al Wilson sang it?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Probably not but it's irrelevant since Trumps use of a serpent analogy was brought into the thread considering he used it in the context of Muslims. The Nazi parallel was apt.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So Obama brought them in anyway, figures. Thankfully your in California correct? They will mix with nobody, they hate us.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't believe it's everyone's fault over there. Where you got that from I don't know. I said I wouldn't trust them.
What I do believe is we shouldn't be bringing in "refugees" from a war zone that we cannot properly vet. We already have an invasion on our southern border and we don't need to add to the problem. If they want refuge, there are plenty of countries in the middle east to run to.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Why don't you trust them then?
And have you seen the vetting process, what is wrong with it?

And yes there are other countries, the ones with impending wars or current proxies ones, how does that help them...
Oh and are you denying the Christian ones too?

edit on thMon, 09 May 2016 17:41:32 -0500America/Chicago520163280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 09 May 2016 17:42:23 -0500America/Chicago520162380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't trust half my country, why in the hell would I trust anything coming out of the middle east?
In regards to the vetting process of Syrian refugees, I will let FBI director James Comey explain why it doesn't work.

Basically you can't vet what you don't have info on. It is unacceptable to resettle them here without being able to tell who is an islamist and who isn't. This could be a trojan horse for all we know. We do, after all, know that islamists attention spans are much longer than those in the west. They make plans far out in advance and attack while you are sleeping on the job.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You wonder what members from the UK have to say about Muslims and their influence?

Perhaps ask some in London, where the paternal side of my family have lived for generations. Londoners just voted in a new Mayor, named Sadiq Khan. He beat the conservative candidate head-to-head in the second-round count with 56.9% to 43.1%.

Just by the way, Mr Khan is Muslim. Born in London, family were immigrants. They worked hard at very normal jobs (bus driver and seamstress), Mr Khan worked too as soon as he was old enough to do so (Saturday jobs to start) then studied and became a lawyer before entering politics and being elected an MP in 2005.

Opposing candidates tried to smear him in the mayoral campaign by suggesting he had connections to people who had connections to terrorism. It was a crock, the people saw through it and voted for him based on who they knew he was: a hard-working man from a very humble background who loves the country and city he was born in. They couldn't care less if he was Muslim, Christian, or whatever.

My point is that yes, there are some bad Muslims. There are always some bad people in just about any given larger group. But by and large, immigrants bring far more good than bad to a country. True, immigration rates should be controlled, but when there is a crisis and people are literally fleeing for their lives, the human and humane thing to do is give them a place of safety. I can't imagine that a huge nation like the USA cannot or does not want to help save a few thousand lives by giving some refugees a home. And when I say "nation" I mean "the people", for you are the nation.

Heck, I'm an immigrant. I've lived in the Czech Republic for almost 23 years. I was never a refugee, but even if I was, I'd still be basically the same person. I work, I pay taxes, have never had any brush with the law besides a couple of very minor traffic infringements. And the same goes for just about everyone who goes to live in another land -- for whatever reason. Most want what you want: peace and safety and chance to live, to work, to raise their families.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Can't really say too much about the details but we have Syrian 'refugees' near me, not very many, but there has already been a couple of assaults carried out by them in broad daylight, one involving a knife on NHS property. The press haven't reported it and police have done very little, so far. A group I am involved with are putting pressure on the police to act appropriately so I can't really go much further yet. From what I am seeing I wouldn't get too cosy with them.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

That isn't exactly true about Sadiq Khan and you know it! Plus the demography of London has changed drastically in the past 20 years and in NO WAY represents the rest of the UK.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Are you sure you listened? He is saying that they can't check some people because they have never sparked their interest. That would be like a cop pulling up someone's record and saying they can't say he isn't a criminal because he has no record.
You know the part where he says if they never made a ripple in the pond to get their attention.
Hardly saying they can't vet people.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

OK I'm not a Muslim hater ok Muhammad Ali is a Muslim.

They aren't all bad.

However, they have been moving in a bunch of Syrian refugees into my town and helping them open businesses. They walk around in their burqas and don't talk to us infidels, not exactly friendly.

I don't know what to make of it so I'm wondering if anyone else has Syrians moving into their towns and what do they think, how do you feel?

I can't tell if I'm being conditioned or if I have legitimate concerns. Can I go to concerts and gatherings in the area without worrying anymore are we going to have parts of our town shut down to outsiders and Christians like in London ?

Can they co-exist with Christians, this is a very Christian populated area I mean I just don't know.

I have another question..

Do these women continue to wear burqas because they believe in them or do they have to because of their husbands?

Don't you think they would want to experience the freedom that the women in our country have.

Are you certain they're wearing burqas or are they wearing a simple Niqab and Abaya? I have yet to see one Muslim woman in this country actually wear a burqa...although that is a common assumption.

They wear them as a sign of respect to their husbands before god, exactly like Hasidic Jewish women wear heavy wigs over their own hair any time they're in public, or orthodox Pentecostal women do not cut their hair nor ever wear it down in public. Many religions have similar practices.

I would imagine that being relocated to another country and uprooted from everything you've ever known, deposited into a population who do not speak your language nor understand your culture, and have given every clear indication as a society that you are not welcome might make you feel less than friendly too.

I'd suggest treating any of these people you meet with the same regard that you would expect from them. Treat them like fellow human beings, because that is exactly what they are.

Ever hear women complain that their Vietnamese nail technicians speak amongst each other in their native dialect, which is their first language and thus far simpler to use, and express irritation at this because they just "know" they're gossiping and mocking all the customers?

Well, keep in mind that we sound precisely the same to them. Add in a lot of suspicious, hostile stares and strange glances, and we seem downright scary. Ever been in a store wearing a hoodie and not buy anything and notice you're being closely observed? Some people even start to feel vaguely guilty, even though they've done nothing wrong.

It's like that. Try being the friendly one. Smile and say hello. Educate yourself on their culture to answer those questions and try to keep an open mind. They're people too, who just lost their entire world, trying to get by in a new one.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Oh please, he is saying that they can't vet people they have no records about, which is the majority. He is not saying that if they don't have a record it means that person is considered safe. And with passport making machines in IS hands anybody could have gotten a fake identity. How do you even expect them to have relevant records on all Syrians in the first place?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

He is saying we have very little intelligence on the people of Syria. Unlike with Iraqi where we'd been there for ten years. We don't know who they are, only who the confirmed terrorists are.

If congress wants to resettle Syrian refuges, they have over 270 acres of Capitol grounds to set up their program. Let them use their own money though. We have vets in serious need of help and it's madness we are discussing refugees when our own country is tearing at the seems.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Man you keep beating me to the punch. Seriously not trying to be your shadow

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
These refugees are being brought in to small and remote rural towns....Missoula and Helena have had protests over it....
even the liberal city council in Livingston wants to bring in refugees

www.wnd.com...

An article in the Great Falls Tribune
www.greatfallstribune.com...

The governor of Montana, Steve Bullock is a liberal Democrat www.kpax.com...

some local Montana new www.ktvq.com...

Montana churches tell the governor to accept refugees(oh gee the evil Christians...) www.ktvh.com...

It's definitely controversial

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join