It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Caught on Hot Mic Ogling Melania Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Comments like that will never happen with our current first lady. Ugh.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Comments like that will never happen with our current first lady. Ugh.

Hey. That's sexist.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

It wasn't his hands. Perhaps that ridiculously large bulge in his pants? (I'm talking about his overstuffed wallet, clearly).

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
a reply to: Misterlondon

It wasn't his hands. Perhaps that ridiculously large bulge in his pants? (I'm talking about his overstuffed wallet, clearly).

Are you calling Melania a gold-digger; a prostitute...because she married an older, wealthy man?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Like saying all women are whores. Neither statement is true.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Not at all. Personally I think she's just waiting for him to kick the bucket so she can have a designer bag made out of that luxurious orange leather skin of his. If you want a half decent bag you have to be willing to play the long game.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: intrepid

It's not in the least sexist. I know exactly what he's talking about. Her carriage. Like the way Marina Sirtis moves in TNG. It's regal and a thing to see.

ETA: Video:

The confidence and grace in her stride is something.

It's not about if what he said was really sexist, it is the absolute truth that if anyone on the right said the exact same thing about a woman on live tv, they would be branded a sexist and played over and over till it was burned through your retinas and drilled though your eardrums.

So this is a childish, frivolous issue then. Got it.

Nope, you don't get it.
The same media goon would happily assassinate someone's character for the same comments on a female that he made.
Character assassination is not childish or frivolous.

One can argue he was seething with envy that Trump didn't have a frumpy wife to make it easier to belittle him. It was like he said between the lines, "look at that, how am I supposed to degrade that, this job sucks"

Funny thing is, Matthews wouldn't know what to do if she was doing squat thrusts in his face.

This really has me wondering what the proper protocol is when faced with such a situation. Answers please, I hate being unprepared!

Make sure you always have $50 in $1 dollar bills on your person at all times.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Face it all men are pigs.

Stereotype much?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Matthews is carrying on true to form then. The last president gave him a tingle up his leg and this potential first lady gives him a tingle in another area.
edit on 5-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Actually grain, I was paraphrasing one of my favorite recurring Monty Python sketches which makes fun of that kind of behavior. I agree with you , the whole thing is overblown.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: grainofsand

Actually grain, I was paraphrasing one of my favorite recurring Monty Python sketches which makes fun of that kind of behavior. I agree with you , the whole thing is overblown.

Lol I missed it...I only really know Life of Brian!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i mean, i want to rail on Matthews, and call him all sorts of names. But if i did, i'd be dishonest.

That is not sexist in the least. Off topic for broadcast? Sure, but that just isn't sexist.

This is one of those times when a political party tries to hang a "GOTCHA", and ends up looking stupid because of it. Seriously....my opinion of US politics is already as low as it can possibly get. Stop.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Stereotype much?

Sexist, much?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It's not in the least sexist. I know exactly what he's talking about. Her carriage. Like the way Marina Sirtis moves in TNG. It's regal and a thing to see.

ETA: Video:

The confidence and grace in her stride is something.

It's not about if what he said was really sexist, it is the absolute truth that if anyone on the right said the exact same thing about a woman on live tv, they would be branded a sexist and played over and over till it was burned through your retinas and drilled though your eardrums.

So this is a childish, frivolous issue then. Got it.

Nope, you don't get it.
The same media goon would happily assassinate someone's character for the same comments on a female that he made.

Is that really your argument, that because he would easily do something similar it's ok to make up BS and stir up a bogus outrage just because...he would do it too????

Now *that* is childish.

edit on 5-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yeah, [Ivanka’s] really something and what a beauty, that one,” Donald was quoted in a Sep. 2015 Rolling Stone article. “If I weren’t happily married, and ya know, her father…” -Donald Trump (About his own daughter)

----------------------------------

vs.

----------------------------------

“Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that good,” Matthews said. “I could watch that runway show,” he added. -Chris Matthews (about a former runway model)

--------------------------------------------------------------

So we have: "I want to bang my daughter" by Trump

vs.

"She walks really nice [as it was part of her former professional career]. I'd pay to see that." Matthews

Sorry but Matthews is still the least sexist, least creepy, least "wtf" out of the two. And to be honest, what he said is really not much different from how he "ogled" Obama, claiming Obama gives him shivers up his leg when he talks.
edit on 5-5-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
isn't sexist more along the lines of implying a woman can do what a man can do ?

his comments were embarrasing, but really basically harmless
edit on 5-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
1.) It is NOT sexist or misogynist for a man to express appreciation for an attractive female, even if it can get crude.

2.) If the left want to bag on any time a man casually expresses appreciation for the female form and call it sexist or misogynist, then they should also be bagging on Matthews for this for consistency's sake.

Those are two different issues.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: interupt42
Stereotype much?

Sexist, much?

LOL, Exactly . From my experience with most hillary supporters I have come across this describes them pretty well:

edit on 53531America/ChicagoThu, 05 May 2016 18:53:52 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree..I heard all the fuss and listened to it..I'm like WTF?? much ado about nothing.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I resemble that remark.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join