It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on vice presidential pick: 'I would want to choose a politician.'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Trump recently gave some insight into his thoughts on the matter when he told Neil Cavuto on the Fox Business Network: “I would want to choose a politician. I’m a businessman. I don’t think we need two guys like me.”

His comments suggest that he wants a running mate with experience and expertise in areas where he is seen as lacking. At the same time, political pundits and election followers predicting that Trump will do something ordinary and expected simply have not been paying attention to how the man operates.
Donald Trump needs a running mate: Here are four names for him to consider

Making the morning show rounds after his sweeping Tuesday night victory in Indiana, Donald Trump said he's looking a vice presidential pick with a different set of skills than his own.

"I have the business -- let's call it talents," Trump, now the likely nominee after Cruz's exit from the race, told MSNBC early Wednesday. "I think I'll probably go the political route, somebody that can help me with legislation and somebody that can help me get things passed and somebody that's been friends with the senators and the congressman and all."
What Donald Trump is looking for in vice presidential pick

Unfortunately, the information above would rule out Condoleezza Rice and Ben Carson. According to PredictIt, the women career politicians with the best chance of being Trump's vice presidential pick are the following:

Who will win the 2016 Republican vice presidential nomination?

1. Joni Ernst 14% chance

She doesn't seem to be opposed to the idea:

Sen. Joni Ernst responds to rumors of vice president nod

Ernst is the only woman on the list of the top five possible choices according to The Washington Post:

3. Joni Ernst: The Republican senator from Iowa emerged as a breakout star of the 2014 midterm election with her plain-spoken populism. Ernst, like many female Republican politicians, has been critical of Trump's comments about women, which could either appeal to him or disqualify Ernst entirely. If Trump wanted to make a turning-over-a-new-leaf pick, Ernst would make a ton of sense. If Trump believes "being Trump" is the essence of his appeal, he might look askance at anyone who has crossed him. Ernst has proven she is a gifted communicator and someone who might help sell Trump to the Midwestern voter he badly needs if he wants to be competitive with Clinton.
Donald Trump is the presumptive GOP nominee. Here are 5 people who could be his VP.

2. Susana Martinez 6% chance

Gov. Martinez not endorsing Trump – at least not yet

This seems like the best choice possible now. If I were Trump, I would negotiate a big under the table deal with Martinez.

3. Nikki Haley 4% chance

BREAKING: Nikki Haley Says, “Cross Me Of The VP List”

4. Kelly Ayotte 3% chance

Updated WMUR first: After Trump win, Ayotte ‘plans to support’ him, spokeswoman says

5. Mia Love 1% chance

6. Sarah Palin 1% chance
edit on 4-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Condoleezza Rice.

An actual successful former Secretary of State.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hate all of those, he should let the people vote on vp, that would be the smartest thing to do. He needs to send Kris kristy on a long vacation, that fool scares me. Hopefully he will pick someone that is cool, that is if there is anyone, he is surrounded by creeps. I think rice would be best. I would like to see a black female but that's just me. He does need a politician because he sure isn't one and a its big reason he won. It would be wild if he completely blew up the norm and got Bernie, he would 100% win.
edit on 4-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump will pick someone unremarkable. His pride won't let him pick someone that would be seen as a gimmick.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I can't to see what clown he chooses!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I heard Dennis Miller say a little earlier that Trump should make it a father/daughter ticket and run with his daughter Ivanka, because she is so "impressive". Whew. That would be pretty hard to swallow.

Of course, D. Miller still calls himself a comedian.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

He's going to pick an insider to get the support of Congress

Good move.

I still think a minority or woman would be hilarious
edit on 5/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Personally I like Senator Susan Collins (Rep Maine). She has worked back and forth with left and right. A common sense woman.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Yeah but Bernie doesn't have the ability to get anything done in Congress of wed already be seeing his ideas happening.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Personally I like Senator Susan Collins (Rep Maine). She has worked back and forth with left and right. A common sense woman.

I adore Susan Collins, but I bet she wouldn't touch it with a stick. If she had run, I think she could have been the nominee.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I adore Susan Collins, but I bet she wouldn't touch it with a stick. If she had run, I think she could have been the nominee.

Yep me too. Always thought she would be a great candidate.

I found this

On Wednesday morning, she was heard on a WGAN radio show saying she could back Trump if he stopped the "gratuitous personal insults" and "bizarre" behavior.

Collins also said she wants to hear more specifics on what a Trump presidency would look like.

Collins, who didn't endorsed a candidate after Bush dropped out of the race, told The Associated Press she doesn't see herself being asked to join the Trump ticket. "I don't think this is a decision that I will be confronted with making," she said.

Collins said she always has supported the Republican nominee for president. "I suspect I would do so this year, but I do want see what Donald Trump does from here on out."

Sun Journal

I have never heard a negative thing about her. Would be a great contrast to Hillary.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The VP selection will happen just before the GOP convention.
Newt was on Hannity radio show disscussing prep work that he will be suggesting in regards to an aggressive party platform to excite voters about making America great again.
I think Newt would make a great VP and help contrast the Clinton years and how he controlled Bill for four years...lock, stock, and barrell.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

He might pick someone like Cruz just for life insurance.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I can't to see what clown he chooses!

Well how the man who had a hour year stranglehold on your poor slick willie...Newt Gringrich?

Just like old times!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If he really want's to lose he'll pick Sarah Palin. LOL Would anyone in their right minds pick her? Let alone listen to her?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Condoleezza Rice.

You mean the Secretary of State that went along with the intentional deception of America regarding Iraq after 9/11; causing far more death and destruction than what happened in Benghazi?

Oh wait, we never talk about that anymore .... *eye roll*
edit on 4-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Condoleezza Rice.

You mean the Secretary of State that went along with the intentional deception of America regarding Iraq after 9/11; causing far more death and destruction than what happened in Benghazi?

I thought she would be good simply because she would appeal to the woman and black vote. However, I do agree her role in the Bush adm. completely turned me off of her

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Mike Huckabee would be the logical choice for VP.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

He's going to pick an insider to get the support of Congress

Good move.

I still think a minority or woman would be hilarious

Condoleeza Rice?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Condoleezza Rice.

Yes...true.

But slick willie signing the NAFTA fraud bill caused massive death and destruction of USA middle-class...that continues every day in slow motion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join