It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drafting women? The situation just got serious.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Draft everyone into the army and you can get around the issues of certain citizens having certain rights. Hello, military society.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

If "if" was a "fifth" we'd all be drunk.

Countries lost because they lost.

America lost her wars because she didn't commit to winning and allowed politicians to control tactics.
(Doesn't matter why, we still lost)

You can get poo-poo faced about America if you want but we still would roll over any other country on the planet IF we committed to actually winning. Be very thankful we do not (as I am).

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

I luckily meet qualifications to be exempt from a draft, but if I were to ever be drafted I would say ok gimme a gun and a ticket to whatever coastline in the US I need to defend. Wanna ship me overseas via draft, well kiss my ass, I'm not defending America at that point.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is a great idea, seeing as how being pregnant would exclude one from the draft this could be the solution to the Western worlds problem of low birth rates. TPTB just make a little false flag event, hint at there being a draft and remind the citizens at the same time that women can now be called up for duty too now as well and then....WHAM !!! Baby Boom verson 2.0.

Well played TPTB....well played.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: introvert

"Equality" needs to be removed from the Preamble of the Constitution. Equality and liberty do not go hand-in-hand. That is the source of our PC problems.

I don't know what country's constitution you are reading, but the word "equality" does not appear in the preamble to the US Constitution. It reads, "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." So, it appears you want to waste our time calling a constitutional convention, and have 50 ratification elections in order to remove something that doesn't exist. Right?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am taller, stronger, fast, and a better shot than my wife is. On top of that, I speak 2.5 languages. My wife has less of a chance surviving in a battle field than I do. I think she would agree with me that we are not equal.

Ya but she can service 70 crazed jihadists a day when captured and enslaved, you could never be that useful to the enemy. Didn't you take a hint yet? The Obama doctrine only plans to appease, not defeat an enemy.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Does that mean if a woman punched me in the face and I knock out all her teeth and leave her balled up in the alley that the court is going to say oh well she hut him first self defense? Lol I be willing to bet the "woman beater" stigma lives forever that is not equal. Man on Man fist fight no one cares, get assaulted by some bitch and wail her ass into the ground like a man you may as well be a pedo or a dealer selling heroin to kids. That's more or less the way it is and in the infantry fist fights happen all the time in the USMC full contact mcmap is always a go, I wonder if the ladies will have to do it with the guys? I doubt it though.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This same topic has been posted numerous times over the course of the past year. While the time in between is great enough, either by weeks or months, I recall each time the previous thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What do the third wave feminist make of all this??..

Well they can now stand and die side by side with the poor average Joe...

RA

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Also the courts favoring woman over men for child care, alimony, and property needs to be equalized no more sympathy. They wanted equality so they should get it, it goes far deeper then just a draft, I'm just wondering who's going to take care of things while mom and dad are out fighting in foreign lands if a draft is enacted? Hell draft he kids too while we at it ***k it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I'm just wondering who's going to take care of things while mom and dad are out fighting in foreign lands if a draft is enacted? Hell draft he kids too while we at it ***k it.

I am sure the catholic church would offer to help....

RA

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
We should draft them too, seems appropriate these days to have some holy warriors to fight holy warriors. I mean really ***k it if we as a society want to strip ourselves of our morals no reason to go half way.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Unless our shores are being directly threatened I don't believe in the draft for anyone. As a woman I'm willing to provide support to soldiers in combat in what ever way I could......I don't think most women have what it takes to be effective in combat situations, I know I don't.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel
If I were drafted into a squad with a group of people that cant or wont fight I'd go.out of my way to get them out of the squad and put elsewhere. I'd look out for those that lay down and cry out of fear and freeze at least till I get waxed. I hate the idea of the thought of going to war with people that are not volunteers. It has to be a tough place to be because volunteers want to be there yet those drafted may not want to be there but are and although a hinderence they still deserve protection they are still Americans. Before anyone gets drafted I think those that say we gotta go should volunteer first.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Home owning citizens should be the only ones to vote. That would exclude me since I rent.

I think the voting pool needs to be made much smaller. There are too many ignorant and irresponsible voters.

So based on your posts it seems you want to be sent back to 1776...
Also how does owning a home qualify someone as being intelligent and knowledgeable to vote...?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I've seen effective female soldiers in combat and I've seen men cry at the first sound of fire.

It's not about gender.

Believe me when I tell you, the last people that want to see a draft are the men and women currently serving in the military. A draft would mean a wholesale weakening of the force and actual soldiers being forced to "carry" civilians in uniform.

In todays world a draft would be unenforceable, as there is only so much room in prison and Canada. If they coupled a draft to citizen rights it might be effective (a la Starship Troopers), but that's about the only way. Proof of service to vote, own land, run for office, any other right you wanted to add, maybe it could be coercive enough.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Dude, military standards didn't decline because of women in it, it declined because the military stopped giving 2 sh#s about high fitness standards in order to increase numbers. Not unlike a company looking to increase profits & numbers of product available, except at the cost of quality. More to go around, but QA is less important now, so the stuff peddled is junkier. Blame career military suits for lowering the standards, not recruits passing the already lowered standard minimums.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Your 20 years of service must have been different than mine.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm self taught, never went to college and I work at a major retailers. So what now?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9 Havent read the whole thread yet but an old saying comes to mind, Be careful what you wish for

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join