It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drafting women? The situation just got serious.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am taller, stronger, fast, and a better shot than my wife is. On top of that, I speak 2.5 languages. My wife has less of a chance surviving in a battle field than I do. I think she would agree with me that we are not equal.

Ya but she can service 70 crazed jihadists a day when captured and enslaved, you could never be that useful to the enemy. Didn't you take a hint yet? The Obama doctrine only plans to appease, not defeat an enemy.

You really didn't have to put it that way. I'm well aware of what ISIS does to women.
edit on 28-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Also the courts favoring woman over men for child care, alimony, and property needs to be equalized no more sympathy. They wanted equality so they should get it, it goes far deeper then just a draft, I'm just wondering who's going to take care of things while mom and dad are out fighting in foreign lands if a draft is enacted? Hell draft he kids too while we at it ***k it.

Oh let's be truly progressive! Every other country in the world uses child soldiers and there was a children's crusade. If we can regress everywhere else and call it progressive, we can progress there too.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I'm self taught, never went to college and I work at a major retailers. So what now?

Self taught, never went to college--major retail(ers)!?

Then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

That is quite a statement. More like there are too many voters that disagree with your belief system. What makes you a responsible voter?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just another case of our wonderful President bowing down to special interest groups .

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I dont make these policies, laws, or legislation you can call it whatever you want you say progressive I call it retarded. My whole.point is is why go half way, if our brave leaders want to do things like this they may as well go all the way. Of course most Americans wont stand for it or at least be very happy about it. In the back of my mind I am wondering when these people go to far and the people fight back against them? If they want evil to reign then this half assing has gotta go and got to go all the way, that's the spark needed for everyone to take action and reset this system going wildly put of control. The draft in and of itself is some BS it is not an Americans duty to its country to fight a war unless that war is at home. I don't give a # if its man woman or child no more war dammit!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Where the heck are ATS's resident feminists, I would have expected them to be here expressing their joy at getting one step closer to true equality!

Next up, quotas for receptionist jobs! No more shall women be forced to sit on their butt and talk on the phone while making a good salary! Now men shall be forced into this awful profession! The displaced female receptionists will be put to work as electrical line workers and roofers!

After that, whenever a couple gets divorced the kids automatically go into foster care! Now women too can feel the joy of being assumed to be an unfit parent and having their children separated from them!

You have a wide world of "privileges" to look forward to if you really want equality!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
The displaced female receptionists will be put to work as electrical line workers and roofers!

Don't forget plumbers, loggers, oil well riggers, sanitation worker(garbage men), pollution control workers, asphalt workers, concrete layers, car mechanics, janitors....well the list goes on and on really. Good point though.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeowWix

I'm self taught, never went to college and I work at a major retailers. So what now?

Self taught, never went to college--major retail(ers)!?

Then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I'm not dumb enough to believe my vote counts.
edit on 28-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

That is quite a statement. More like there are too many voters that disagree with your belief system. What makes you a responsible voter?

Actually don't I vote since there are no candidates who really respect the Bill of Rights; but if I did vote, it would be my respect for the Bill of Rights and my understanding of Anti-Federalism that would qualify me as a more educated and responsible voter than most others in my category.
edit on 28-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Where the heck are ATS's resident feminists, I would have expected them to be here expressing their joy at getting one step closer to true equality!

If our political leaders don't support the Paycheck Fairness Act, why should they support this?

I think the draft should be abolished altogether.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I can agree with you on that one.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle

If our political leaders don't support the Paycheck Fairness Act, why should they support this?

I think the draft should be abolished altogether.

If they are going to spend our tax dollars on their time to do things with the draft then getting rid of it all together would seem to be the best use of their time, if they were acting in the interests of the American people.

I'd much prefer the equality of nobody being drafted over everybody!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Exactly.

Instead of women getting the rights of men, maybe men should be getting the rights of women. The right to not be drafted.
edit on 28-4-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This will make it much more difficult for the politicians to get us into a big war that requires a draft, I mean Imagine every parent who has a daughter of draft age calling their congressman. drafting people`s daughters is going to raise a much bigger fuss than drafting people`s sons.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I dont doubt women's spirit and drive to be a part of the infantry and to do what they can for their country.
But physically and mentally they are not a good choice for infantry.

hopefully the draft is to put them into positions better suited to their positives...

edit for clarification.. I'm sure there are a tiny %^of women who are physically/mentally built to be perfect for the infantry.. but the major majority (95% +) are not - thus making a draft of women into infantry more of a hindrance.
edit on 28/4/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Is it really that hard to see the motive? No way better to capture and utilize American souls than sending them into a phony mission where they get ambushed and captured, and then sensationalize it and drum up whatever grief/fear/ anger, etc they need. It's another trick. They want women pows. I love ladies. They're awesome. They don't need to prove themselves on the battlefield to me, but if by all means those hardass over achiever types have to go put in work to get their rocks off, so be it. But please ladies, don't get brainwashed into that right brain macho man action figure persona, that's what they want." Don't go quietly into that good night.."

originally posted by: Generation9
Politicians working on the proposed fiscal 2017 National Defense Authorization Act have added something that will get your attention and make you wonder just how serious the current cold war has become.

House Panel Approves Measure to Require Women to Register for Draft

Why would extra bodies be needed with all the advancements in robotics and advanced weaponry?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Also the courts favoring woman over men for child care, alimony, and property needs to be equalized no more sympathy. They wanted equality so they should get it, it goes far deeper then just a draft, I'm just wondering who's going to take care of things while mom and dad are out fighting in foreign lands if a draft is enacted? Hell draft he kids too while we at it ***k it.

Exactly this is how politicians weaponized women against pimps. Everything that is done in politics is done to Control us under the guise we wanted it. Horse shlt.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I am taller, stronger, fast, and a better shot than my wife is. On top of that, I speak 2.5 languages. My wife has less of a chance surviving in a battle field than I do. I think she would agree with me that we are not equal.

Ya but she can service 70 crazed jihadists a day when captured and enslaved, you could never be that useful to the enemy. Didn't you take a hint yet? The Obama doctrine only plans to appease, not defeat an enemy.

You really didn't have to put it that way. I'm well aware of what ISIS does to women.

This is where emotional and mathematics intersect. The arithmetic of suffering and anguish is a powerful tool .. even if it's just to bring someone to an understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join