It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Ruiner1978

If it's the tilt, then that's already been said. It's the "globe to flat" explanation.

One side note. People think that the UK is supposed to look like it does in pictures. South England being "south" and Scotland directly "north". People forget that the UK is actually at an angle and not as represented on the weather or whatever website.

I guess you could put it under mis-representation.

I've not seen anyone mention the tilt. Certainly not in reply to me, not that I "remember" anyway lol. Was aways talk of land masses being stretched, nothing about the angle.

Agreed, Indonesia bothered me too, looked far too horizontal. Other parts of Europe too. With the tilt it all looks more back in place.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

If 1000 people saw Joe commit a crime that only left minor evidence to go on - would their testimony hold weight in court?

- No because millions of people didn't see it?

- No because Joe doesn't have a history of crime?

- No because Joe's friends don't remember him committing the crime?

- No because all witnesses have the same detailed memory; memory which is fallible?

..You are discounting what amounts to eyewitness testimony.

I own a globe. I see it's different now. Many of us do.

I know you're aware of your globe. Are you aware I remember my globe with as much detail as you remember your globe? Would you say that's valid?

You've given your stance, what else have you to prove? People talking about the changes won't stop.

Is that in reply to my post?
I'm not sure I have anything to prove.
All I've ever been after with this topic is a specific, satisfactory explaination to why things look out of whack to what I remember.
I now have that answer.
I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, just to satisfy my own curiosity and peace of mind.

Peace
edit on 27 7 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Two posts up from this one I explained it...

If you showed people a globe and then 10 minutes later asked them to draw you a flat map of that globe, 90% of the people would draw South America directly below North America.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
They look out of whack because your memory is wrong. That's the answer. You want a wrong answer to satisfy your ego.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think this is a part of there brain washing. MKultra?
most of you dont know what to think.
some think they are wroung when they are right.
so you are left Not able to distinguish truth.
so they can Give you the Truth they what you to belive.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Two posts up from this one I explained it...

If you showed people a globe and then 10 minutes later asked them to draw you a flat map of that globe, 90% of the people would draw South America directly below North America.

They look out of whack because your memory is wrong. That's the answer. You want a wrong answer to satisfy your ego.

You explained nothing. You mentioned nothing of the cause, the tilt.

Typical you would continue to argue after this has been cleared up. One post you lay claim to already explaining to to me, the next post you tell me it's not the reason.
You seem awfully confused.
And I'm the one trying to satisfy my ego? Lol
Projecting much?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yes, you are trying to appease your own ego. I admit when I am wrong, that's why I don't believe the ME is real. I dismiss wrong memories when physical evidence disagrees with me.

You are the one who seems confused. How do you not understand that people can look at a globe and draw it incorrectly within 10 minutes. It has nothing to do with the tilt. It has to do with the fact that South is directly below North so people draw it that way.

Again, what timezone is Rio?
edit on 28-7-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, you are trying to appease your own ego. I admit when I am wrong, that's why I don't believe the ME is real. I dismiss wrong memories when physical evidence disagrees with me.

You are the one who seems confused. How do you not understand that people can look at a globe and draw it incorrectly within 10 minutes. It has nothing to do with the tilt. It has to do with the fact that South is directly below North so people draw it that way.

Again, what timezone is Rio?

I don't know the time zone of Rio.

I have my answer.
I'm sorry it offends you so.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Your answer doesn't offend me. It's wrong so it's easy to dismiss. My answer however greatly offends you as it's correct and not so easy to dismiss.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Your answer doesn't offend me. It's wrong so it's easy to dismiss. My answer however greatly offends you as it's correct and not so easy to dismiss.

What was it you were saying about one trying to appease their own ego again? Lol

I'm stepping out now. I can see where this is heading. Thanks for your involvement though, see you around.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Have a look at some of the different kinds of map projections. Just select an image and then click the arrows to scroll through the rest of themthem. Some of them make south america look almost directly below north america.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-7-2016 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I find it just a little odd that the naysayers are getting so uptight about the Mandela effect?

The debunkers are more passionate about their debunking then the believers are about their asking of questions.

Most ME believers are doing just that, asking questions. Not pushing the ME in a belligerent manner. Yet that's how ME believers are being treated.

I mean, even if all these changes are cases of faulty memory it is still pretty interesting and worth exploring.

Especially with all the latest breakthroughs in science that are hinting at the reality of parallel universes and the like.

We know so little about the true nature of reality that the Mandela effect actually being some sort of timeline shift is absolutely in the realm of feasibility.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Stepping away in the face of logic is what all the people who can't hang do.

link   

originally posted by: Tearman
Have a look at some of the different kinds of map projections. Just select an image and then click the arrows to scroll through the rest of themthem. Some of them make south america look almost directly below north america.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes but there's so much distortion that goes along with them.

Add the tilt and it looks exactly how I and many others remember.

Take a look...
topwallpaperimages.com...

link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

The problem is that there is no tangible evidence, it requires reliance on memory. To me, it's more about the folks that keep insisting that it is definitely not their memory. They are acting like they cannot possibly have remembered something wrong, and act like they are above all of the studies out there that show how the mind can create false memories and remember things incorrectly over 10-20 years. Many of them are being stubborn about things they haven't even looked at in 20 years, but yet they KNOW they remember it right. That sounds more like an ego thing. Now I'm certainly not talking about every ME believer, not by a long shot.

I remember things wrong on a day to day basis sometimes, and we're talking about things that haven't been thought about for dozens of years in most cases.

Also the large majority of MEs are minor insignificant issues with similar spellings or pronunciations. It is never with major things, and the ones that claim major things have changed, never seem to give the before & after details. There has to be more than subjective evidence to suggest something like this might actually be more than incorrect memories.

edit on 7 28 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You haven't fully thought out the tilt have you?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You, among others, are belligerently asking the same questions over and over, too lazy to look into it for real and hoping for an answer that is nothing more than bias cofirmation. The motto of the site is deny ignorance. This subject is pretty ignorant.
edit on 28-7-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
and the ones that claim major things have changed, never seem to give the before & after details.

And therein lies the rub.

They admit they aren't experts on the matter, but just KNOW it was different. Something doesn't seem right. That's all the information they need.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

They are acting like they cannot possibly have remembered something wrong,

I don't participate in the ME discussions because there is no way to know for certainty that there isn't some kind of anomaly taking place and those that argue that it is faulty memory don't really know that for a fact. So, it just goes back and forth with those that know it is not their memory and those that argue it is.

If it weren't for the fact that thousands of people are "misrembering" the same things such as the position of Australia and South America, then I could buy into the faulty memory argument. If a few people misremembered the location of Australia, and a few others misremembered the location of Russia, and others misrembered some other random map location, the faulty memory would hold validity.

But, thousands are focused in on just Australia and South America "knowing" for a certainty that it is not their memory. It is like misremembering my old elementary school is two blocks from the house I grew up in to which I walked for years, then suddenly finding out today that it is actually across town. Nope. Something is askew.

edit on 28-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You, among others are not even willing to entertain the possibility. We could at least meet each other halfway.

Thousands of people all having the same faulty memories, I've said before just seems statistically improbable. There are just too many cases, its sort of becoming a phenomenon.

Oh well, I find it to be quite interesting.

For the record, I have stated multiple times that I am perfectly willing to accept the faulty memory theory so I don't much appreciate being called belligerent and ignorant for simply entertaining the possibility and refusing to be silenced.

There are ME believers that take it too far, just as there are debunkers that aren't even willing to budge.

I see stubbornness and ignorance on both sides.

edit on 28-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join