It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

There's no point in responding to him, he's not interested in real discourse, just finding some excuse to dismiss your experience.

Jaden

I do not appreciate the character attack. Just because I am adamant about defending evolution from irrational attacks by creationists, doesn't mean I treat everything else the same.

Yes, I am a skeptic, but I look at every situation individually, I don't just throw a blanket on everything. I'm trying to do some valid research on this that goes beyond "i remember X 20 years ago and now it's Y". So far I have three cases, I'm looking for more to compare, especially examples of BIG mes that aren't just letter sequences. I'm actually trying to find a common link or date with the various occurrences, which is far more than you have done for this topic.

Again, I encourage anybody in this thread to contact me via PM, with bigger ME events and the details regarding your experience. I've gotten a few that have been helpful but need a bigger sample size. Thank you.

edit on 8 2 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I think it's fine what you are doing, if my opinion matters. I wish I knew more about the stuff. It seems like SOMEthing is going on, but I am not diligent enough to try to find the source and whatnot. I accept that strangeness occurs in this world, but I don't fret about it. I just find it fascinating.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Wait, if it's legit there is no excuse that could dismiss it. If you don't want your hypothesis to be held to any scrutiny then you're just being delusional.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You're probabll just being disengenuous but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you simply don't understand the nature of it then.

The theory precludes any historical scrutiny... Let me spell it out for YOU...I.f....t.h.e.....t.h.e.o.r.y...o.f...t.i.m.e.l.i.n.e...d.i.s.p.l.a.c.e.m.e.n.t...i.s...
c.o.r.r.e.c.t....t.h.e.n...t.h.e.r.e...w.i.l.l...b.e..n.o...h.i.s.t.o.r.i.c.a.l....e.v.i.d.e.n.c.e
...o.f...i.t...i.n...t.h.i.s...t.i.m.e.l.i.n.e....

BTW, while this is self defeating as it doesn't ALLOW for evidence FOR it to exist either, that there is no evidence of it actually becomes evidence that supports it. This is why there being no evidence such as ERRONEOUS maps that people learned WRONG from is important.

It has nothing to do with standing up to historical scrutiny as you would have everyone believe. It has to do with standing up to logical scrutiny and it does that much better than many proposed alternate explanations... Including erroneous maps that people learned from or simple faulty memories..

Just because I know you're going to reiterate your ridiculous psychological studies on short term memory that have little bearing allow me to give evidence as to WHY those explanations don't stand up to logical scrutiny...

For instance, the erroneous maps theory doesn't stand to logical scrutiny because no one can provide these supposed maps that people would've learned incorrectly from and that wouldn't explain the alternate histories that many remember in the same way that would go along with these erroneous learnings like Germany invading poland to their west and then staging from there to invade south into France.

The faulty memory explanation logically fails in the same way. A faulty memory would not explain the specific memories that people have of questioning people about pronunciations such as asking whether the Berenstein bears should be pronounced Steen or Stine and why there would be no memories of joking with other kids about # stain bears or the like that many KNOW that they would have.

Jaden
edit on 4-8-2016 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

oh FFS - i shall spell it out for you :

the " timeline " delusion - it does not even warrant being referred to as a hypothosis - let alone a theory is so utterly assanine - its laugthable

to paraphrase :

" in your alledged " alternate timeline " - a couple called stan and jan berenstien wrote and illustrated a series of childerens books that were utterly identical to the series created by stan and jan berenstain in the real world "

i use the above smmation - because in the entire mess of this - i have yet to see one person who claims that thier christian names were different - or offere an alternate bibliographhy of " beren****** bears " titles

and people wonder why this mandela delusion is greeted with ridicule

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You can spell it out all you want, that doesn't change the fact that you don't even understand was your are espousing.

If there IS an explanation IN OUR TIMELINE for what could be the cause, that is the answer. Not something from a fictitious hypothesis with an unverifiable basis.

You fail to see that you have to prove US wrong, not the other way around. You have to PROVE to me how the scientific data that explains this phenomena does not apply to you. In order to do that you must study the data as you obviously haven't.

Don't be lazy, inform yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

As would be expected, you haven't researched jack #... His father was named Berenstein and it was changed upon coming to America... All it would have taken for it to be altered was one person having a drift of thought while filling out paperwork...

Oh FFS, yeah, that ADDS to your argument, get the # out of here...

Jaden

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

BULL#, Where the hell do you get off saying I have to prove you wrong. I don't have to prove #... This isn't a court of law... I'm not SUING you to accept an explanation.

I actually haven't even made a claim other than that your explanation is sheite.

I haven't said that MEs are due to alternate timelines. I've merely pointed out that your dismissal of it is logically invalid and doesn't best explain the phenomena..

You can try to obfuscate that all you want but it won't change the facts.

When you come in and try to claim it's just faulty memory, sorry, doesn't hold up to scrutiny...

When you come in and try to claim it's bad learning from erroneous materials, sorry, doesn't hold up to scrutiny...

I haven't claimed I know what the cause is. So I don't have to prove # one way or the other.

Jaden

BTW...you again fail logically... There being a possible explanation in our timeline doesn't automatically make it the most likely...lol.. The theory that best explains all of the evidence is the most likely explanation and regarding something as unproveable as memory, this ends up coming down to just opinion. You can feel that your opinion is more valid than someone else's all you want, but that doesn't make it so...lol

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Tell me how it doesn't best explain the phenomena? You absolutely have to show me how it does that if you are going to make such a statement. Simply saying it doesn't, doesn't make it so.

Explain to me how faulty memory doesn't hold up to scrutiny. You CAN'T. The science is THERE for anyone to read.

You have shown your ignorance with this tidbit:

There being a possible explanation in our timeline doesn't automatically make it the most likely

So the explanation actually only exists in the other timeline, but you aren't saying there's multiple timelines...

Surely you see only one of us is failing in logic. Please re-read your posts carefully before publishing.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

wow - in the anals of idiocy - you get a citation - so you are now claiming that :

the family ATTEMPTED - to change thier name - but due to a typo they gave up and accepted the mistake

thats retarded - even by mandela delusion standards

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Dang, this thread is still active? Hard to believe people are still falling for this bunk

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
ME must be real, as in my timeline people did not think they had a perfect memory, they realised movie quotations were poorly remembered (eg. Play it again, Sam) and knew most Americans had a poor grasp of geography etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just found this picture with both Stein and Stain on a VHS tape on Reddit.
Perhaps some image experts here can check the image for tampering ?

imgur.com...

This is the Reddit thread.
www.reddit.com.../?st=irhrrr72&sh=9849f41d

*edit
Video of the VHS tape vimeo.com...

edit on 5/8/2016 by Jeroenske because: added a link to a video

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jeroenske
I just found this picture with both Stein and Stain on a VHS tape on Reddit.
Perhaps some image experts here can check the image for tampering ?

imgur.com...

This is the Reddit thread.
www.reddit.com.../?st=irhrrr72&sh=9849f41d

Actually, that is all it takes for the ME to exist. A simple mistake. As you can see in your example, the tape has the correct spelling on the top, along with the authors name spelled correctly, but a mistake on the label is all that's needed to show how easy the mistake is made.

Is this tape existing in between two dimensions? Or is it more likely some guy making minimum wage mistyped something.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh absolutely true. But i don't know how tampering with timelines, time travel or dimensions works either.
Maybe it works like that picture in BTTF and things change gradually ?

Don't shoot the messenger

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeroenske

I just found this picture with both Stein and Stain on a VHS tape..............

Can't believe this thread is still going!

But if you are quick you can catch the Mandela effect taking place

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeroenske

The image is authentic. This proves that ME is nothing but a typo.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

THIS IS FROM CORNEL UNIVERSITY LIBRARY:

arxiv.org...
Spectral Variations of the Sky: Constraints on Alternate Universes
R. Chary
(Submitted on 1 Oct 2015 (v1), last revised 1 Dec 2015 (this version, v2))

The fine tuning of parameters required to reproduce our present day Universe suggests that our Universe may simply be a region within an eternally inflating super-region. Many other regions beyond our observable Universe would exist with each such region governed by a different set of physical parameters. Collision between these regions, if they occur, should leave signatures of anisotropy in the cosmic microwave background (CMB) but have not been seen. We analyze the spectral properties of masked, foreground-cleaned maps between 100 and 545 GHz constructed from the Planck dataset. Four distinct $sim2-4arcdeg$ regions associated with CMB cold spots show anomalously strong 143 GHz emission but no correspondingly strong emission at either 100 or 217 GHz. The signal to noise of this 143 GHz residual emission is at the ≳6σ level which reduces to 3.2−5.4σ after subtraction of remaining synchrotron/free-free foregrounds. We assess different mechanisms for this residual emission and conclude that although there is a 30% probability that noise fluctuations may cause foregrounds to fall within 3σ of the excess, there is less than a 0.5% probability that foregrounds can explain all the excess. A plausible explanation is that the collision of our Universe with an alternate Universe whose baryon to photon ratio is a factor of ∼4500 larger than ours, could produce enhanced Hydrogen Paschen-series emission at the epoch of recombination. Future spectral mapping and deeper observations at 100 and 217 GHz are needed to mitigate systematics arising from unknown Galactic foregrounds and to confirm this unusual hypothesis.

www.blastr.com...:+Trending+Content&utm_c ontent=57a4478304d3017e85bed56b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

he concept of a parallel universe is well-trodden territory in science fiction (See: The CW’s Flash for a recent example), but scientists might’ve just spotted some legitimate proof of the multiverse — and it looks like it’s leaking into ours.

As Inverse reports, the Planck telescope has been mapping the cosmic microwave background (CMB) leftover from the early days of the universe. Turns out, it might’ve found something of cosmic importance. Caltech cosmologist Ranga-Ram Chary compared the CMB map with a shot of the night sky captured by the Planck telescope. The effort spotted a patch of light 4,500 times brighter than it should be.

His paper posits it could be proof of another universe literally “bumping” into our own, as this collision would look very different than anything we’ve seen before. Something 4,500 times brighter in CMB than it should be? Yeah, that seems to fit the bill. If true, it would mean this universe bumped into ours just a few hundred thousand years after the Big Bang. It’s also possible that insane brightness could be bleeding over from a universe packed with electrons and protons, which could account for some of the energy.

edit on 5-8-2016 by Jaxsmash because: to add source

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hello.

I really dont have that much to say but Im not surprised this topic is still being discussed.

Although has it begun to die out - or has it spread even more so? I haven't really checked any reddit on this for a few months now..

Regarding Mr. Robot - Sam Esmail is a troll
He knows whats up cause he is steadily on the interwebs; learning whats up cause he realizes a huge chunk of the fan base is avid internet users.
For example: He decided to deliberately leak the first episode of Season 2 just so that it could be torrented before the release date.

What I would love though - is to get some thoughts from one or more of the users here that has been experiencing ME for a long time now, but haven't written in the thread in a very long time.
Since its rare for a belief to last very long.
Especially beliefs that cannot be proven. Usually you have a honeymoon phase with a new belief/phenomenon - only for it to die out a while later, you learn from your experience - and move on.

Thats usually what happens with life. So it would be very interesting to see if some of those people have moved on - are still in the rabbit hole - has gone mad - or whatever.

edit on 6-8-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Parallel universes do most likely exist IMO, and there are several theories that I somewhat support. But I dont think ME has anything to do with it. There would most likely be solid evidence of BOTH realities in our reality. For example a recorded episode that says Berenstein bears aswell as the original Berenstain. Or CDs with both MacEntire and McIntyre or however the spellings go.
Not just anecdotal evidence from "eye witnesses".

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join