It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help ,Think your good at cryptic clues ?( secret sound clues)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 30353America/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2016 03:35:36 -050030am30117America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Grrrrr

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: tigertatzen

I know, mostly my fault.... i type with two index fingers with the speed of a sloth.

I could not locate that song you mention , but the band did get together in 1988

Ooooh...the plot thickens! I'll look more into the lock thing and look for the song. I cannot remember which one it is. I love puzzles so much lol. I really hope you win.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

"YE TRAVELING WILBURYS", who were popular locksmiths during the Crusades and used to pick or unlock the jammed chastity belts (rather like today's emergency plumbers).

Linking your idea

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I figure you're a smart and well informed chap there Trubrit, can you reall see them using a the sound bite of a gun on australian radio,i can't PC crazy here. It is a sister radio station of the one that pranked the hospital as the queen, and that nurse did not handle it too well.

Yes the massacre here in 1996 turned Australia on its head.

Shotgun = Keno = Wilburys ?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

"YE TRAVELING WILBURYS", who were popular locksmiths during the Crusades and used to pick or unlock the jammed chastity belts (rather like today's emergency plumbers).

Linking your idea

I was wrong about it being a song. It's a book called Behind the Locked Door, about the band. I knew there was a lock reference there but I was never a huge fan so I couldn't remember. And you found an even more interesting link to them than that!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I figure you're a smart and well informed chap there Trubrit, can you reall see them using a the sound bite of a gun on australian radio,i can't PC crazy here. It is a sister radio station of the one that pranked the hospital as the queen, and that nurse did not handle it too well.

Yes the massacre here in 1996 turned Australia on its head.

Shotgun = Keno = Wilburys ?

Keno= Picking the Lock
Wilburys= Behind the Locked Door
Weddings= Lock it down, quote from The Wedding Crashers by Vince Vaughn and that weird blond guy
Double action=wafer and pin/tumbler locks, such as a master lock
2 become 1= One key can open both a standard lock and master lock if the pins are manually adjusted, like on an entry door where there is both a standard lock and a deadbolt...our front door is like this.

And of course, the master thief clue was what made me think of a lock in the first place.

Specifically, a double sided master lock. I'm trying to find a sound file but it's raining hell over here right now so my connection is slow.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Love your work. I'm sorry i do not have the proper sound bite for it yet. Do you have a coffee machine at home? we have one of those cheapie coffee pod one, anyways my daughter just made a cup, and you know the lever you pull up then down at the top of the machine to push the pod through ? sounds like that, but heavier.
I must be going crazy lol
edit on 27/4/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Keno = Pick the lock ??

can not find that anywhere.

Well if i get through in the morning i'll try lock, specifically double sided. If that doesnt work, i should have the sound bite by then and we'll try the following morning.

BTW... no one has asked how much the secret sound is worth, it's been slowly creeping up for months with every wrong guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Love your work. I'm sorry i do not have the proper sound bite for it yet. Do you have a coffee machine at home? we have one of those cheapie coffee pod one, anyways my daughter just made a cup, and you know the lever you pull up then down at the top of the machine to push the pod through ? sounds like that, but heavier.
I must be going crazy lol

I hope this link works. This is a sound file of a deadbolt being unlocked in a wooden door.

deadbolt

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on 27-4-2016 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Keno = Pick the lock ??

can not find that anywhere.

Well if i get through in the morning i'll try lock, specifically double sided. If that doesnt work, i should have the sound bite by then and we'll try the following morning.

BTW... no one has asked how much the secret sound is worth, it's been slowly creeping up for months with every wrong guess.

You can find the keno thing if you google "lock reference in keno". I don't understand the game but I know when they pick their numbers they call it lock picking or picking the lock. My husband's parents play it all the time in Vegas. It looks pretty boring to me.

Ok, so how much is it actually if you win? I hadn't thought to even ask you...I was too busy trying to solve the puzzle lol. I'm a nerd, what can I say.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Heck, ask what the station is and you should call up; from quickly observing this thread it seems likely you are right. Especially listening to that sound you provided, and reading the description in op (of sounding like a latch, and in op last post, coffee maker description.). Dont need to be a master thief to pick a lock, or open deadbolt; weddings also potentially related to chastity belt reference, or lock of heart or something open or seal lock of heart or unlocking love or something, ball and chain?

2 become 1 then seems to relate to wedding again; or more of the idea of locking than unlocking, as two things locked together...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Now I feel a fool.

I am a bloody locksmith for goodness sake! Rebooting primary logic core in 5...4...3...2..1

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

That sound is a bit short, my one is maybe twice as or more long, but heck thats close tigertatzen. Great link, cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Is there a list on the radios website or a forum, keeping track of wrong guesses? Or expect listeners to keep track? Does the sound sound like a lock to you?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Lets just chalk that first one up as you *jumping the gun a wee bit*

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Found an almost exact match for the sound......

The sound

But how does that tie in lol. Or does a certain lock sound just as this does too ?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

edit on 27/4/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure it's a thing. I think the answer might be a person, perhaps Bob Dylan.

Traveling Wilburys - Bob Dylan is a member
Double Action - Refers to playing a guitar + harmonica
You don't have to be a master thief - Part of a lyric from Bob Dylan song (written by Dylan and Tom Petty also a member of the Traveling Wilburys), Positively 4th Street. ("If I was a master thief")

I'll see what I an come up with for the rest.

EDIT:

From On the Road with Bob Dylan by Larry Sloman, it seems that "Keno" is another nickname of Kinky Friedman (Richard Samet Friedman) who also has a song entitled Keno the Rent Man. Kinky Friedman toured with Bob Dylan during the mid-70's.

EDIT 2:

read through the thread and realized that the clues point to the identity of a sound and the sound is something mechanical. Guns and locks seem obvious but "2 becomes 1" and "Keno" don't really fit with either of those.
edit on 2016-4-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Are you just supposed to guess what the sound is, that is the game or like poster above me says, are you guessing a musician?

If the game is to guess what the sound is, from all the evidence I have seen I would say it is a lock, and I would say you ought split the winnings with tigertatzen

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join