It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help ,Think your good at cryptic clues ?( secret sound clues)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Gday guys and gals,

Today i decided to ask all of you to help me out with a competition that is on my local radio station, i am yet to record the sound but they have given 8 clues so far, and i have collected 6. I'm hoping that someone here can help link the common denominator to these clues to help with the sound.
These clues are:

1. Wedding
2. Traveling Wilburys
3. Keno
4. You don't have to be a master thief
5. 2 become 1
6. Double action

I will work on getting the sound up here ( hard to record, they just play it randomly through out the day, but if these clues lead you any where , please let me know
thanks

P.s. Its like a latch sound, and you can hear some sort of timber in the sound ( like the latch is on a door or gate, but that is not it apparently).

So many people have tried this damn sound, so it is nothing too basic as it has been said already.
I'll donate 20% to ATS.
edit on 27/4/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

How about a shotgun being primed for use?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Or a bolt action rifle?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Have you got a link to the radio station?

Kindest respects

Lag

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Now, what clue gave you the rifle idea? The only reason I suggested a shotgun, is that it is the only thing that I know of, which could relate to both a wedding, the two become one clue (as in double barrel) and double action. Where would a rifle fit into a wedding?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Sure, i cant seem to find any clues on the website about it.

103.5 MixFM Fraser Coast

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hey guys, it is definately not gun related here in post Port Arthur Modern Australia

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Gday guys and gals,

Today i decided to ask all of you to help me out with a competition that is on my local radio station, i am yet to record the sound but they have given 8 clues so far, and i have collected 6. I'm hoping that someone here can help link the common denominator to these clues to help with the sound.
These clues are:

1. Wedding
2. Traveling Wilburies
3. Keno
4. You don't have to be a master thief
5. 2 become 1
6. Double action

I will work on getting the sound up here ( hard to record, they just play it randomly through out the day, but if these clues lead you any where , please let me know
thanks

P.s. Its like a latch sound, and you can hear some sort of timber in the sound ( like the latch is on a door or gate, but that is not it apparently).

So many people have tried this damn sound, so it is nothing too basic as it has been said already.
I'll donate 20% to ATS.

Your common denominator is a shotgun. Perhaps the sound is a round being racked into the chamber?

ETA: My bad...I just saw your last post. I was sure it was a shotgun. Now I'm curious!
edit on 30053America/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2016 03:05:13 -050030am30117America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Eta

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

a reply to: TrueBrit

Hey guys, it is definately not gun related here in post Port Arthur Modern Australia

I think I know what it is! It's a lock. I thought it was a shotgun but that was too easy. Is the sound of a lock being picked. The tumblers moving inside the lock of a wooden door.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Its wicked, these clues have bugged me for two weeks now. Not guns...... I'm still thinking how we get Keno to go with the Travelling Wilburys to go with wedding.

Do you know those tables they use at functions like weddings, keno etc that have a plastic top with fold out metal double legs at each end ? i thought it may be the sound of folding one of those out.
The comp is limited to 5 guesses each morning from listeners on the radio, so when i call tomorrow i want to have the best crack at it i can.
Hopefully i can get a sound bite of it tomorrow and upload it here.

Just thought the cryptic minds here on ATS may pot one straight in

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Its wicked, these clues have bugged me for two weeks now. Not guns...... I'm still thinking how we get Keno to go with the Travelling Wilburys to go with wedding.

Do you know those tables they use at functions like weddings, keno etc that have a plastic top with fold out metal double legs at each end ? i thought it may be the sound of folding one of those out.
The comp is limited to 5 guesses each morning from listeners on the radio, so when i call tomorrow i want to have the best crack at it i can.
Hopefully i can get a sound bite of it tomorrow and upload it here.

Just thought the cryptic minds here on ATS may pot one straight in

Did you see my reply just now above? I think I figured it out!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Interesting. Im off to puzzle out how LOCK works with all the clues above.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Well... If that incident is affecting radio call in competitions, then all I can say is there must be an awful lot of over sensitive folks wandering about the place.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I wasnt thinking lock but the clue about master thief made me think of a "master" lock.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Interesting. Im off to puzzle out how LOCK works with all the clues above.

There's a wedding song called "Lock it up" or "lock it down", a wilburys song with a lock reference, there's a strategy in keno called "picking the lock", locks have two tumblers, hence the "double" and "two into one", but the master thief clue was what made me check...it didn't fit with the shotgun so I read your description of the sound again and voila! I knew it had to be a lock being picked.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

just worked out that (Keno) number 88 is A.K.A Two fat ladies - Wobbly wobbly - All the eights
(Double Action?)

Travelling Wilburys were established in 1988

Keno names
edit on 27/4/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Good thinking, it does to appear a bit easy to be just a lock though. Something i did not add to the OP is that this competition has been going since the start of the year. 5 guesses every weekday morning. Maybe lock has been said, and yes i too have trouble with the master thief bit.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

just worked out that (Keno) number 88 is A.K.A Two fat ladies - Wobbly wobbly - All the eights
(Double Action)
??? lol

Lol...we keep missing each others posts by minutes...look above, I gave you a few of the matches for the clues. But that's very clever and funny!!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Good thinking, it does to appear a bit easy to be just a lock though. Something i did not add to the OP is that this competition has been going since the start of the year. 5 guesses every weekday morning. Maybe lock has been said, and yes i too have trouble with the master thief bit.

I'm thinking if it's a lock, it's either a specific type or specific to someone picking a lock. Try googling sounds of a lock being picked and see if any recorded lock sounds match the one you heard. There are sound files of just about anything you can imagine.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I know, mostly my fault.... i type with two index fingers with the speed of a sloth.

I could not locate that song you mention , but the band did get together in 1988

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join