It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Interesting.

I put this under Origins and Creationism because the flash reminds me of possibly the life spark or soul incarnating. Your thoughts ATS?

So does that mean it's possible that animals have souls too? After all you just said that scientists have witnessed this in animals other than humans before witnessing it in humans.

Though I think it's just a byproduct of a chemical reaction of the sperm and egg combining. Newton's third law and all.

ETA:

The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters and egg it triggers calcium to increase which releases zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.

Natural explanation in the article. It's just buried in the middle of it, so you have to actually read past the first few paragraphs to see it.

From the research I have done, if you believe in incarnation and different densities, it would seem animals do have a soul but are on a lower plane, like the 1st or 2nd density, like we are of the 3rd density.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Interesting.

I put this under Origins and Creationism because the flash reminds me of possibly the life spark or soul incarnating. Your thoughts ATS?

So does that mean it's possible that animals have souls too? After all you just said that scientists have witnessed this in animals other than humans before witnessing it in humans.

Though I think it's just a byproduct of a chemical reaction of the sperm and egg combining. Newton's third law and all.

ETA:

The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters and egg it triggers calcium to increase which releases zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.

Natural explanation in the article. It's just buried in the middle of it, so you have to actually read past the first few paragraphs to see it.

From the research I have done, if you believe in incarnation and different densities, it would seem animals do have a soul but are on a lower plane, like the 1st or 2nd density, like we are of the 3rd density.

iTruthSeeker

Research? Is it scientific in nature? Because I don't feel like crossing pseudo-science with science today.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I guess the soul is scientific too, we just haven't isolated it yet.

Ah. Here is an interesting fact....

Many years ago - long before the Internet - we had books about interesting stuff.

In one of those books, it was stated that the soul weighed 7 grams (that's metric grams) or about 0,2469 ounces.
And they knew that by having men in white coats place beds of dying people onto a set of scales. At the moment of dying the weight lessened by 7 grams.
They claimed.

So if they can link the soul flash to a weight increase of 7 grams....

I'll start believing in a God.
edit on 26-4-2016 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Could the seven grams be the weight of the air that was in the lungs before death?

I think people like you and I will be waiting for proof a lot longer.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The experiment about weighing the soul was carried out once, never repeated, and has been largely discredited. You should probably follow up on this bit of knowledge before claiming it is a "fact".

How Much Does the Soul Weigh?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think that seven gram experiment was debunked. Not by me, but if you think about it, energy has no 'weight', neither does light.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Research? Is it scientific in nature? Because I don't feel like crossing pseudo-science with science today.

Spirit world isn't rightly "pseudo science". Its spiritual. Or else explain to me how me and my mail man both heard my dog that died the day before bark from the deck where she used to sun herself.

I heard the return echo from down the block.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

And this one of the reasons why i see abortion as the foulest murder,THE most disgusting,despicable,beyond contempt act any human could possibly commit. There is enough birth control options available today-and i don't buy the excuse of it being a difficulty to obtain birth control. There is it seems, NEVER a problem to find time and money for trips to the mall,the hairdresser,the movies,pubs and clubs,sitting on your fat ass and ordering take-away foods and useless trinkets from mail order catalogues or infomercials.

Get birth control,you pathetic slags..don't start nothing an there won't BE nothing..and you will not be the most disgusting murderers that you are. I console myself with the fact that incarnation is a real thing-and karma is a Bitch.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Interesting.

ETA:

iTruthSeeker

Keep in mind, most currently accepted sciences were initially considered pseudo-science (or worse). Scientific institutions are establishments and resist change like any other.
edit on 26-4-2016 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

link   
Disregard
edit on 26-4-2016 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

link   

We actually seek our parents, from the other side. Its weird, we watch them having sex sometimes. So life begins way before. We can also abort our life (miscarriage, etc) if we want to pursue a different life. Or we can die off (sids) if we found out that the life was not what we wanted which goes hand in hand with my theory that we still have our thoughts/soul from the past life while we are in infant form (our infant is smarter than us).

I do not know this as a fact, I am just studying Buddhism and reincarnation and its fascinating and fits with what I have uncovered. It makes sense that my daughter tells me that she picked me to be her mommy. A similar conversation happened between my sister and her 1st daughter, both around the same age (3-4)

I am totally pro-choice btw

edit on 26-4-2016 by veracity because: (pro-choice)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Spirit world isn't rightly "pseudo science". Its spiritual. Or else explain to me how me and my mail man both heard my dog that died the day before bark from the deck where she used to sun herself.

I heard the return echo from down the block.

That's just a cop out for being unable to answer a question. Almost like the god of the gaps argument. "Science can't explain it, but I witnessed something. Spiritual!"

By the way, the power of suggestion is a powerful tool. If you were talking to the mailman and you both hear a noise, one of you misinterprets the noise to sound like a dog bark and since it seems like the sound originated from the deck he suggests to the other that it is the dead dog. Now the other person heard a noise too, but not until the other person suggested the idea of it being a deceased dog did the other person connect the noise to the idea of a dead dog. Thus this person thinks to themself, "yeah it DOES sound like a dog and it DID come from the deck..." Thus the investigation stops with the power of suggestion since you both agree with each other.

Now I'm just guessing on the events of the day that occurred since you didn't go into much details, but what I said is certainly a plausible scenario.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

Interesting.

ETA:

iTruthSeeker

Keep in mind, most currently accepted sciences were initially considered pseudo-science (or worse). Scientific institutions are establishments and resist change like any other.

Keep in mind that the scientific ideas that transcended doubt and skepticism did so because of quality, objective evidence that was irrefutable. Thus that means that despite the resistance to change, science DOES change anyways.

So you can try to sound all wise with this statement to try to give credence to silly pseudo-science ideas, but at the end of the day the burden of proof still lies at those ideas' feet. And if they are currently considered pseudo-sciences then that burden hasn't been met yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's just a cop out for being unable to answer a question. Almost like the god of the gaps argument. "Science can't explain it, but I witnessed something. Spiritual!"

You are the one hiding behind "science". "We" witnessed it together. A return echo is real world. I said explain it, not ridicule it.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is very intriguing. And I didn't know that scientists had previously detected this burst of light in other animals.

It's interesting to me because I think, if I may speculate for a moment, that our universe is a living thing, and that we exist inside of it. When I first heard of the Ekpyrotic Model of the Universe, which proposes that the big bang was the result of a collision between two 3-dimensional worlds, or membranes, I instantly imagined the spilt second moment when sperm meets egg to be like a big bang – an explosion of life – and compared this to our own universe. Who knows, but fun to ruminate about.

Good find

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The experiment about weighing the soul was carried out once, never repeated, and has been largely discredited. You should probably follow up on this bit of knowledge before claiming it is a "fact".

How Much Does the Soul Weigh?

I do believe my last two sentences in that post would be an indication of where I stand on this.

That being said, I thought the way rhings are done on ATS is to take anything written by whatever loonie, and present it as fact. From what I see, not even reading the OP article is needed to comment on it.

Sorry if I led you to believe that I believe in pseudoscience.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I console myself with the fact that incarnation is a real thing-and karma is a Bitch.

Perhaps, some of the most evil people who have ever lived have been condemned to be aborted 10 times for every person they hurt.

Karma is a Bitch!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Its a chemical reaction, zinc and calcium is all that is needed to call it life? Did you read that most likely 50% of those won't even fertilize?
Oh and you make some pretty sweeping generalizations about who gets the abortions, but hey what ever floats your boat.

edit on thTue, 26 Apr 2016 12:18:47 -0500America/Chicago420164780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

being aborted is not a big deal bc you just go to the next avail...

However, if someone was very evil in a past life, they are then born into the next life with a disability, a chance to fix their wrongs and make the correct choices.

Maybe after being blind or crippled, they will have had more insight and not judge.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

............Or, being born in the war and diseased ravaged area of your own making.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join