It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Human life begins in bright flash of light as a sperm meets an egg, scientists have shown for the first time, after capturing the astonishing ‘fireworks’ on film. An explosion of tiny sparks erupts from the egg at the exact moment of conception.

Scientists had seen the phenomenon occur in other animals but it is the first time is has been also shown to happen in humans.

I put this under Origins and Creationism because the flash reminds me of possibly the life spark or soul incarnating. Your thoughts ATS?

iTruthSeeker

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

They don't propose any biological explanations for how the flash is occurring? Then perhaps you are right - it could be the 'life spark' and soul incarnating. That sure could put a wrench in a lot of the pro-abortion folks who say "a baby isn't a baby until xxxx weeks"

(PS I am not anti-abortion either)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So if no explanation is currently to be had, you'd rather full the gaps with made up bollocks?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

They don't propose any biological explanations for how the flash is occurring? Then perhaps you are right - it could be the 'life spark' and soul incarnating. That sure could put a wrench in a lot of the pro-abortion folks who say "a baby isn't a baby until xxxx weeks"

(PS I am not anti-abortion either)

Yes I hand't thought of it that way, but that is correct as far as abortion. I really don't know what it is but seems like it could be. Still fascinating either which way!

iTruthSeeker

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Of course the metaphysical implications are completely overlooked by the Scientists. Now they want to use the flash to determine which embryos should stay and which ones should go. They're already giddy about the finding's genetic engineering "potential".

Deeper meaning is totally lost on these people.

edit on 4/26/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Many females claim to just *know* that they are pregnant before any tests are done. Maybe some are able to sense this flash.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 26-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Maybe this bright light is our "essence" or "soul" and from that moment onwards the biological and esoteric share a symbiosis where the final result is a sentient and self aware human being.

I love it when I learn something new, cheers.

edit on 26-4-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'll bet, if one has the right tool, one would be able to view flashes of light when cells multiply, too. Probably, flashes of light could be viewed in all kinds of cellular interactions, if one had the right tools.

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters and egg it triggers calcium to increase which releases zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wow! I Love learning new things and this is especially cool!

So is there a scientific explanation?

Personally I see this as evidence of the soul. I'm sure a lot of people agree, and a lot of people think I'm retarded.

ETA: Just saw the post above me......still believe we are a soul and the body is a vehicle or temple. Mobile temple lol

edit on 26-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can they capture this phenom every time?

If so, thats when the soul is imparted, downloaded, whatever…

if you're not human at Conception, you're not human now.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That is amazing news!
I believe that this flash truly shows that life begins at that moment.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I guess the soul is scientific too, we just haven't isolated it yet.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I think it's pretty cool that I've often heard the phrase 'the spark of life' before anyone had evidence of an actual spark. It's like, subconsciously we just know certain things.
edit on 4/26/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This. Maybe there is a scientific way to explain phenomena's but they just aren't doing it correctly. Many things that we have today, technology wise, would have been considered magic and impossible many years ago.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 26-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

No, I specifically asked if these scientists had a biological explanation and if not it "could be" the 'life spark' OP mentioned. just speculating
edit on 26-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe there is a scientific way to explain phenomena's but they just aren't doing it correctly. Many things that we have today, technology wise, would have been considered magic and impossible many years ago.

Agreed. And many more discoveries to come.

People see spirits and 'craft' thingies… (raises hand from back of room), so I know they exist. Just we haven't yet been 'allowed' to resolve it too clearly, from this perspective.

I think we have to 'pass' first.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Interesting.

I put this under Origins and Creationism because the flash reminds me of possibly the life spark or soul incarnating. Your thoughts ATS?

So does that mean it's possible that animals have souls too? After all you just said that scientists have witnessed this in animals other than humans before witnessing it in humans.

Though I think it's just a byproduct of a chemical reaction of the sperm and egg combining. Newton's third law and all.

ETA:

The bright flash occurs because when sperm enters and egg it triggers calcium to increase which releases zinc from the egg. As the zinc shoots out, it binds to small molecules which emit a fluorescence which can be picked up my camera microscopes.

Natural explanation in the article. It's just buried in the middle of it, so you have to actually read past the first few paragraphs to see it.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Fascinating to say the least. I read the article in "The Northwestern" as well. They are a research university in Illinois with
powerful funding for their diverse projects.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, founded in Malmo, Sweden in 1950, is the backer of this project. Founder was Frederik Paulsen Sr. who is said to have fled Germany in '33. Not to cast any shade on this mind blowing discovery but it does make me wonder if Dr. Paulsen's back story is factual, knowing what we know about that time period and geneticists from Germany.

www.northwestern.edu...
edit on 26-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: add link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join