It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Magicians” Prove A Spiritual World Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

After just over a minute of watching that first video and the authors claim that something supernatural must be involved, I can say with absolute confidence that he's wrong and he knows little to nothing about magic.

Even the tricks he uses as his examples of tricks requiring supernatural powers don't require anything supernatural at all. I know this for a fact because I happen to know some of those tricks and how they work. Not all of them, but many of them.

People like the author of that video want to believe that magic must be supernatural. Which is good for magicians. They put a lot of work and training in learning how to make their tricks look magical. That's the point. People like this author just happen to really believe that it is supernatural Magic.
edit on 25-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

After just over a minute of watching that first video and the authors claim that something supernatural must be involved, I can say with absolute confidence that he's wrong and he knows little to nothing about magic.

Even the tricks he uses as his examples of tricks requiring supernatural powers don't require anything supernatural at all. I know this for a fact because I happen to know some of those tricks and how they work. Not all of them, but many of them.

People like the author of that video want to believe that magic must be supernatural. Which is good for magicians. They put a lot of work and training in learning how to make their tricks look magical. That's the point. People like this author just happen to really believe that it is supernatural Magic.

I've done the pass a coin through my coffee table freaks people out but with practice I made it look like I pass thr coin through the glass. Made the pomeranian disapear when I was a kid. Freaked my mom out at the time she was honestly concerned on where radar went. Magic was my life back then now it's just a hobby. The true trick of magic is misdirection trick is to get you watching what I want you to see. Most tricks I know how they work though some magicians will come up with something so original you just have to be on awe.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
It started out interesting, but after an hour and a half, I couldn't take any more. What really puzzles me is, no research went into the making of the video except what confirmed the authors contention that every big name magician has sold their soul to the devil, and demons are helping them pull off their "impossible" feats. Sure, some magicians play into that in their promos, because it brings in the audience, but to take them seriously, is just ridiculous.

edit on 4/25/2016 by Klassified because: quotes

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah, I love magic. Even though a lot of magicians use the "supernatural" angle to add some more mystery and excitement to their show I think when other people claim they're possessed or evil or demonic it's very disrespectful.

While it may make the idea more exciting it dismisses the effort and work that goes in to their art form which is an extremely time consuming and dedicated work that can sometimes take a lifetime for some tricks.

I think people should just enjoy it for the show it is. If they must know how it works, fine, I'm kind of the same way. But don't discredit or disrespect them by not giving them credit for what they do. Ya know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

IMO, if anyone is in cahoots with evil or demons it's the same people who can't seem to stop believing in them and think they're lurking around every corner and with anyone who they find different from themselves.

You know who I'm talking about....

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So as for the face changers, some quick research led me to discover that the masks simply get pulled straight down into the jacket. I saw it happen in a performance.
I see no point in watching the rest of the video when something completely normal is being attributed to demons and spirits.
edit on 4/25/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This video is only proof of the superstitious idiocy of using religion as a filter to view the world and that rational thought has hardly progressed at all since the dark ages.

I don't fully understand how planes stay in the sky...must be witchery, let's burn down the airport.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I liked the magic tricks, but man the guys really bags on Dynamo, and India I had to stop listening, it was just bigotry and making light of a poor guys health conditions. Alas, I am an atheist on bad days and and agnostic on good days, however I'm reminded daily why dogma has to go, anyway thanks for the thread star and flag..

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

One has to wonder why if daemons and jinns are so prevalent why they aren't blatantly walking our streets and are content to be depicted on posters only.

Only the daft would believe in such twoddle.

The tricks are done by plants (people) for the uniniated in the audience. This is a hoot this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I have a strong feeling that the people really pushing this "Magicians are actually aided by demons to perform their tricks" narrative (which does NOT include the OP of this thread) are actually hard-line anti-spiritualists attempting to ridicule, discredit and paint with a broad brush those that might believe in the supernatural, paranormal or a spiritual world.

The goal seems to be to associate any hint of spirituality or enquiry into the paranormal as ridiculous and bordering on insane. The vast majority of people prefer not to be labelled as insane, therefore are discouraged from pursuing an interest in the spiritual or paranormal.

Not a grand conspiracy, but still pretty plausible when you think about it.

edit on 26/4/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The goal seems to be to associate any hint of spirituality or enquiry into the paranormal as ridiculous and bordering on insane. The vast majority of people prefer not to be labelled as insane, therefore are discouraged from pursuing an interest in the spiritual or paranormal.

Not a grand conspiracy, but still pretty plausible when you think about it.

Please elaborate. Where do you think the push is coming from? It sounds more like a conspiracy to keep the vast majority of people in the world religious, but not spiritual. Is that what you're getting at? Or are you talking about those who are strict science, and nothing outside of that exists?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I liked the magic tricks, but man the guys really bags on Dynamo, and India I had to stop listening, it was just bigotry and making light of a poor guys health conditions. Alas, I am an atheist on bad days and and agnostic on good days, however I'm reminded daily why dogma has to go, anyway thanks for the thread star and flag..

Yeah, he was merciless on Dynamo. I couldn't finish the whole video either.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
comment for later reading...because subscribe is useless.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Saw this exact video on another site, gona say the same thing I did there.

It is all trickery, I do not and will not put any stake in ANYTHING that can not be identified, observed, and quantified via the scientific method. Simply put no god/s, devils or other such nonsense. I use street and parlor magic all this time to get a rise out of people. Example, a friend of mine and I do this all the time for free drinks at the bars, we find the most obnoxious college kid in the bar and make a bet (coin in bottle or something) kid say yeah right, bet goes like this if I can do it you buy the next round. Not hard, I know literally dozens if not an easy a hundred tricks even some of the "levitations" It is not magic. There is a reason it is called a "Magic Trick".
edit on 26-4-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

Side Note: I do believe there is something very much like "magick" that can be explained via science. But that is for another thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Read through the OP and the posts in this thread. It appears that the OP was created to actually troll and make fun of people who believe in the spiritual. And obviously people who mock and ridicule those who believe in the spiritual came to help the troll post mock and ridicule.

That's a pretty good summation of this thread. But I've been reading through some of Klassified's other posts and threads for awhile and he seems to be very good and mockery when it comes to spiritual things. So that is all I will add to this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: QuinnP

Read through the OP and the posts in this thread. It appears that the OP was created to actually troll and make fun of people who believe in the spiritual. And obviously people who mock and ridicule those who believe in the spiritual came to help the troll post mock and ridicule.

No where in the OP did I "troll" or make fun of "spiritual people". What I did say is, just because we don't know how a magician did something, doesn't mean that demons are aiding him/her. The author of the video claimed that demons were involved in everything but the simplest of tricks. He emphasized those magicians that were gay, and insinuated they were automatically in league with the devil because of their sexual orientation. Perhaps watch at least a portion of the video, and see how ridiculous it really is.

That's a pretty good summation of this thread.

No. It's a summation from ignorance and personal bias, that has little resemblance to the OP whatsoever.

But I've been reading through some of Klassified's other posts and threads for awhile and he seems to be very good and mockery when it comes to spiritual things. So that is all I will add to this thread.

Good for you, but you obviously saw what you wanted to see, rather than what was actually there. I have a problem with religion, not spirituality. Especially since I consider myself a spiritual person to some extent.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As it has already been stated in some of the replies in this thread:

There's Magic, and then there's Magick.

Helena P. Blavatsky wrote in Isis Unveiled that the definition for the word Magician used to not be reduced to what we now think of it as a stage performer, illusionist, or trickster. Rather in the old world, Magicians were literally associated with divination, shamanism, spiritualism, and elementalism.

And I'm pretty sure David Blaine never claimed to get his talents from demons, spirits, or anything supernatural. If he did imply there was something other worldy going on in his street magic, it was for the purpose of misdirection. David Blaine is actually a pretty intelligent dude who understands the limitations of the human body and mind better than most people. He did a Ted Talks about how he uses science to push the limits of human achievement in his stunts. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was also well informed about the Occult.

But what I am really bothered by in the OP was this line:

Bet you didn't know gays are in league with the Devil.

Can you please elaborate on what you meant by that? 'Cause at face value it seems like you were generalizing gays as being evil, demonic, or satanic.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You must not have watched the video. I watched the whole painful thing and the guy that made it referred to the homosexual lifestyles of some of the magicians he talked about very derogatorily as if being homosexual was just as bad as consorting with demons. OP said that kind of tongue in cheek I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

You are correct, I did not watch any of the videos. But I did read the entire OP and thread before posting. I can only hope that the OP's words were meant as something tongue in cheek. I'd still like to hear him clarify, though.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: wtbengineer

You are correct, I did not watch any of the videos. But I did read the entire OP and thread before posting. I can only hope that the OP's words were meant as something tongue in cheek. I'd still like to hear him clarify, though.

You mean this?

...whom he also notes is openly homosexual, as well as a German magician. Bet you didn't know gays are in league with the Devil.

My mistake. To me, the sarcasm was obvious. To some, not so much I reckon. There are folks who have convinced themselves that homosexuality is demonic, and those who are gay entertain those demons. How sad is it to have such a mindset?

edit on 4/27/2016 by Klassified because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join