It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender MMA Fighter Destroys Female Opponent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What an idiot taking that fight. She and her manager are morons.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is almost a s dumb as whoever got the idea to put people in the ring with kangaroos......

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You have to ask yourself why have a women's class and a men's class of fighting in the first place.

0_o

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I would have the same issues with it even if the other girl won.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's the same response I have when people try to tell me size doesn't matter.

Why does professional fight sports have weight classes?

It's because anyone with any real experience knows that if evenly skilled the bigger stronger fighter in most cases has he advantage.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What the hell, how did this get sanctioned? Im for equal rights but this is wrong..only way it's ok is if there is a mixed gender class but that's not going to happen because it is not a fair fight.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Should not have been given a licence to fight in any female divison so I would blame the authorities who run the licencing board

Man beats up woman at the end of the day

Riouz

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Male or female, transgender or not; when it comes to competition involving physical strength -- competitors should be matched according to their physical ability. If this means that the transgender MMA fighter continues to fight against men, so be it. I'd like to think that even a transgender fighter would understand the advantages/disadvantages in the ring, and would not put undue risk upon other fighters.

That's just how I feel.

There are women out there that are bigger, faster, stronger and could kick my arse sideways. I'm not a match for them. Then again, there are guys smaller and weaker than me that I could toss around like a rag doll. In either situation, it's not a fair or balanced fight that relies on skill, cunning and guile to win.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This fight happened in September 2014. The article is from the summer of 2015. And Fox, the transgender fighter, hasn't fought since this 2014 fight (at least, according to Sherdog). So I'm guessing everything is resolved now.

For what it's worth, I love strong and empowered women. And I love female athletes even more, especially female martial artists (-drools a little-). But I've always had something against women actually fighting each other. It never sits well with me, probably because I don't like seeing women get beaten or hurt.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is wrong and unfair in many ways! If she was transed so far that she was able to fight in the woman's division; then he would have taken many hormones steroids and such firstly. Who knows the good and or bad effects. She was born a man so the genes and everything natural except mentally a boy~! I do not even need to go into the benefits, but there is the proof! Crazy to think they would let this happen. I will correct myself if need be after better analysis....but a disgrace!

Five straight first round KO's and she had not revealed her sex change which was in 2006.....WTF!!!!

Dana White does not aggree but says it is up to the professionals and doctors. This would never happen in the UFC!

edit on 21-4-2016 by randomthoughts12 because: Jumped the gun.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

There's another way to look at this.

If that fighter and her corner were dumb enough to take that fight that's their problem.

You have to make intelligent choices as an athlete manager and trainer when picking fights and this isn't one of them.

It's like picking a fight with Mayweathera for your pro debut.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I thought that as well but before looking into this. He was not up front about it. This fight may have been the first fight the opponent knew. I may be wrong but five first round ko's or tko's before telling the board or whoever!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

We'll see... I wonder what gym he trains at?

I wouldn't mind a good training session!

Just for perspective you know.

I'd like to get a feel for the difference. See if he feels the same as a female when moving around and on a double leg or stopping the takedown
edit on 4/21/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I can't believe this dude is still fighting. Wtf man. Stupid promotion too.

ETA: Nevermind I see. Disregard.
edit on 21-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Good to hear this fighter isn't fighting any more, if it was to continue I have to agree it should be in the men's division tho.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I can't believe this dude is still fighting. Wtf man. Stupid promotion too.

ETA: Nevermind I see. Disregard.

Can you imagine at the gym dude?

Who are his training partners is he training mostly with women or men?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I wouldn't be surprised if there a bunch of pissed of pro fighters speaking their mind.

I know if he came to my gym he'd get the "treatment" from the top guys.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Her entrance theme.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

The sick part is I know promoters will do anything for ticket sales I can see people offering this pos anything just to fight on the main card while other true professionals who really deserve a good shot take a backseat.

Ugh I hate the business side of fighting.

That's why I try to stick to amateur boxers unless someone can really talk me into training them.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is why I have some issues with the Transgender community. They're delusional about a lot of things, and the supporters are delusional about a lot of things. I don't care if you think you're a woman mentally, I think there's actually some evidence that's a valid thing. I do care if you try to say you're ACTUALLY a woman. You're not. You're a transgender woman. You are most likely going to be far stronger than a natural female of the same weight/height.

Being a transgender woman shouldn't be a problem, we should accept people even if we think they're weirdos, but let's not pretend that you are 100% woman biologically.

I think it should be illegal for a transgender person to not disclose that they are transgender when engaging in sex, regardless of surgery. I think transgender people should have taken certain steps to be allowed to go into a restroom, slapping on a wig and waltzing into the girl's room with your Adam's apple bobbing and peen swinging shouldn't be allowed unless you have some proof you're brain is messed up. Transgender people shouldn't be allowed to compete in sporting events if they were born a man, they have an unfair advantage. Let's be realistic about it. Realistic and accepting. Even if it's a mental disorder (which I think it is despite what the DSM was pressured into saying) it should be treated with compassion. That being said, it shouldn't be treated with kid gloves and we shouldn't pretend that saying you're a woman or taking hormones makes you an authentic woman. Women shouldn't be allowed in military roles if they can't meet the same requirements as the men, and men shouldn't be fighting women in the ring. I'm sure there are a few women my height and weight that would destroy me in a fight, but the vast majority couldn't, it's unfair. Biology isn't fair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join