It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian worker loses appeal after 'giving book to Muslim colleague'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You got um good Gryphon

taking down those evil Christians

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It still says nothing about what happened between the two women.

Did the woman say no before she filed her harassment complaint or not? It is a simple thing. And if you can't answer it, then no one can find it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Oohhh you are muslim¿ my god you have probably lost god¡ Here come with me to church also read this book about a woman like you that found god. Dont worry i am helping you. Beloeve¡¡¡ Oh also dont be a muslim.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Classic case of people not clearly communicating.
A simple, "Leave me alone, lady." would have been fine.
Instead, she writes a big, long letter and get the girl fired.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

You got um good Gryphon

Christians are not evil generically.

Vague statements about 2.3 billion people are meaningless.

However in this case it is more than clear despite desperate attempts at obfuscation on the part of some here, that the lady who was fired was proselytizing.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Now I have only seen actions in the south US, but from what I have found and experienced myself is that Christians take on a more active role of trying to convert. In their heads they are just trying to be helpful and spread "the word" but to someone who is confused it could be terrifying.

Dropping a book or inviting to church is in no means harmful, its actually very nice but please Christians, only pray with those who choose to come into your circle.

I got accosted at a playground, trying to watch my child and a group of very good-looking I might add Christians came up to me, circled me and prayed...I was like thanks but I have to watch my daughter. It was very weird. If they kept on doing that to me I know I would get legal or the law involved.

There are Christians I work with and they always pray before lunch, other people join in but they never ask anyone to join or pray with them, that I could live with and I actually support.

I study Buddhism and want to yell it at the tops of my lungs bc I think its great...but I don't. If someone else expressed interest I would let them borrow a book.

Just hold back your excitement, not everyone is just as excited as you and it could turn into harassment.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That was an interesting read.

Two things leap out:

a). Setting = Psychiatric Hospital

b). "services involved the laying on of hands and speaking in tongues"

Edited to add:

This additional information throws a whole new light on the uneven power dynamic between the Muslim woman and the Christian.

She was a newly-qualified occupational therapist who had a 12 month contract at the hospital and Ms Wasteney was her manager.

link

edit on 146012808704bFri, 08 Apr 2016 10:08:07 -0500amth0000000400000007 by UmbraSumus because: additional info

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

She was fired for harassment nice try though

Nice try at what? Stating the facts of the matter as opposed to desperately trying to spin up irrelevant nonsense?

Thanks.

Yes, she was fired for harassment.

Proselytizing under NHS regulations and guidelines is cause for dismissal.

Here's the NHS guide to policies related to religion: Religion or Belief - A pracitcal guide for the NHS

Directly from pg. 7 of same ...

Harassment: behaviour that is offensive, frightening or in any way distressing related to a person’s religion or belief. It also includes comments or behaviour aimed at the religion or belief of those with whom the person associates.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It still says nothing about what happened between the two women. Did the woman say no before she filed her harassment complaint or not? It is a simple thing. And if you can't answer it, then no one can find it.

It's all HERE.

Shameful behavior and disrespect!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thanks for that.

It seems to me that Ms Wasteney was bordering on a mental illness herself with her religious obsession and constantly impressing her beliefs on the poor woman.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: yuppa

I did read the story. Did you? Why do you try to reduce EVERYTHING to your opinion? Who do you think cares about your OPINION?

These are the known FACTS:

The Christian 1) offered books about "a Muslim converting to Christianity" to a Muslim co-worker 2) apparently witnessed to the Muslim lady on regular occasions 3) trapped her in a prayer-lock for more than 10 minutes while Miss Missionary prayed for God to open the complainant's eyes (to the "truth" of Christianity and/or the "falsehood" of Islam).

You can WISH the situation to be the same, you can IMAGINE that this lady didn't go WAY OVER the line into workplace proselytizing but you are WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.

By the way TYPING IN CAPS doesn't MEAN ANYTHING EITHER.

Blah blah blah. womp woomp woomp wommp. Yes teacher. YEs. no one opinion but yours matters ok teacher.

Since she HAS constantly nagged her (because she wasnt clearly told to stop apparently) yeha She WAS out of line. Still dont mean the Muslim (person) was a filthy snitch and could had handled it differently but hey when you can crush a infidel you go fo r it right?

And Ive told you before I use CAPS for EMPHASIS not for yelling. Guess i need to spell that out every time huh?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You got um good Gryphon

Yeah. Liek this totally off topic post right? Nope i refuse your summation and replace it with my own interpretation.
Just because we dont respond instantly back or th e same day don t mean we quit th e conversation.
least im not being hateful and said both women were wrong.

the christian lady for trying to push i ton th emuslim lady and th e muslim(person) who acted like a spiteful child.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What in the world? You seem to miss any point completely as usual: opinions are beliefs, attitudes, conceptions ...

Opinions, very similar to your post, have nothing whatsoever to do with the facts.

Read the actual matters at hand, for example, the testimony of what actually happened, the policy and proceedure manual for NHS regarding religion in the workplace, for a start.

Or continue to "woomp woomp woomp" like some kind of broken child's tricycle.

Frankly, I don't care, either way.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If you are a Muslim you are instantly offended by everything. Ok, that's a bold statement but from what I read in the news it seems like it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher

If you are a Muslim you are instantly offended by everything. Ok, that's a bold statement but from what I read in the news it seems like it.

You mean from the media portrayal?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Obviously you do care enough to respond back. Heres a thought stop commenting on anything i say from now on how bout that?

You dont get it I even said the chritian woman went to far but of course ya missed that part. I still think since both women talked about it against th e rules both should had been held accountable basically.

And COmparing you to charlie browns teacher is the kindest way i could put it that you sound just liek every other person who thinks they are better than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think both of them should get over themselves. All this 'self-importance' lately is really starting to bug me. I'd like to feed them both a big slice of humble pie.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I did respond to you. My god you make zero sense.

I would tell you what I compare you with, but that would be against T&C.

I'll be glad to ignore you. Do me the same favor and we'll be fine.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I think both of them should get over themselves. All this 'self-importance' lately is really starting to bug me. I'd like to feed them both a big slice of humble pie.

So, to you, it's fine for a manager to harass and berate an employee for nearly a year based on religion?

In the real world, you should probably bring your own plate and fork to that pie-eating contest.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: angeldoll

So, to you, it's fine for a manager to harass and berate an employee for nearly a year based on religion?

In the real world, you should probably bring a plate and fork to the pie eating.

Oh yeah, I lived/worked before these harassment laws.

Being intimidated by a boss, and having no legal recourse sucks.

Harassment laws were made because they were needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join