It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton: 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Are Defending Murders And Drug Dealers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: gpols

So you're telling me there isn't a connection between New Black Panther Party Members that support Black Lives Matter and protest with them?

If you're going to go that route, to be consistent you'd also have to believe that Trump supporters are "pretty much an extension" of the KKK since there are some klansmen who support Donald Trump and attend his rallies.

See, there you go. Saying outrageous and untrue things about someone that I just hate having to defend.

But short of you posting up folks in full KKK robes at a Trump rally I just have to call BS on this.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: xuenchen

Bill Clinton telling it how it is. its why everyone doesn't jump on the bandwagon. hilarious it had to come from him. imagine the uproar of a non Democrat saying that lol msnbc would gush.

Yup- they would be foaming at the mouth...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
People don't wanna hear the truth. They want a soapbox and attention. Unorganized protesters just shouting to shout. Good on ya Bill

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Old Bill not afraid of telling the truth! Can he swap places with his wife now?

edit on 7-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I like when the BLM come and say they arent racists, what about that moment when they wanted to organize a reunion in a library with only black people attending?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He's certainly not wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Not that I disagree. I notice how people are patting Bill on the back for telling it "how it is." I just wonder what would happen if Trump said this. People would be calling him racist.

Tweet from Black Lives Matter Toronto co-founder Yusra Khogali:

"Plz Allah give me strength not to cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today. Plz plz plz."

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well handled Bill!

He is still a good speecher.

BLM just ridicules themselves with their disruptive behaviours, no matter who or what they support.

This is not the way to convince the public of anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I wonder if Bill first cleared those comments with George Soros.

theory; perhaps this is a Sister Souljah moment.
bring in some militant left wing minorities talking garbage so Clinton can criticize them and appear to be reasonable and not a left-wing extremist.
the dems know that the blacks will still vote democrat so nothing to lose.

(for those who don't remember, Sister Souljah was a rapper who suggested something to the effect that we 'stop killing each other and kill some white people for a change'. lots of us were amazed that Bill objected to that, back in the day.)

as opposed to Martin O'Malley, who said 'all lives matter', and then apoligized.
edit on 7-4-2016 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

See, there you go. Saying outrageous and untrue things about someone that I just hate having to defend. But short of you posting up folks in full KKK robes at a Trump rally I just have to call BS on this.

I was making a point about guilt by association but okay. Trump does get support from white supremacists and white supremacists groups:

ABC News - The White Nationalists Who Support Donald Trump

Trump supporters realized she was there to protest, so, as the candidate himself growled to "get them out,” they began to rip her signs, screaming at her and shoving her forcefully, she said. Ringing through her ears, piercing the noise of the crowd, were shouts of "n-----" and "c---,” Nwanguma added.

One Trump supporter was Matthew Heimbach, who doesn’t deny that he joined the shouting at Nwanguma. He wrote on his blog the day after, “We didn’t go to disrupt the event, pitch our own political goals, or pick fights with the protesters.

We attended because we wanted to witness a historic political event." Heimbach, a 24-year-old bespectacled churchgoer, is a white separatist and founder of a white nationalist group, the Traditionalist Worker Party.

Johnson was so taken with Trump that his PAC, the American National Super PAC, recorded in his voice and sent out robocalls in Utah, Minnesota and Vermont after Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, addressed the nation last week in an anti-Trump tirade.

An excerpt from the call said, “This robocall goes out to all millennials and others who are honest in all their dealings. Mitt Romney has viciously attacked Donald Trump. ... The white race is being replaced by other peoples in America and in all white countries. Donald Trump stands strong as a nationalist."

The Daily Beast - White Nationalists Launch Trump Hotline

The leader of the American Freedom Party wants to ensure that any Trump supporter who has been “traumatized” and bullied simply for loving their candidate has a number to call to get help. When that hotline bling, that can only mean one thing: Trump supporters seeking emotional help and legal advice from white nationalists. William Daniel Johnson, a practicing lawyer and the leader of the American Freedom Party, told The Daily Beast he plans to launch the Trump Harassment Hotline on Tuesday, a 24/7 service “to help those who are attacked physically and verbally for supporting Trump.”

RawStory - Neo-Nazi Trump supporter calls for execution of Ted Cruz’s ‘sl*t wife’ over links to ‘Jew banksters’

In a GOP primary that grows uglier with each passing day, the Trump-admiring founder of a neo-Nazi website has called for the execution of the wife of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. Writing on The Daily Stormer, founder Andrew Anglin used the dispute over attacks on the wives of both of the leading GOP presidential candidate’s wives to pile on Heidi Cruz, a former Goldman Sachs executive.

Inquisitr - Are White Supremacist Broadcasting Live From Donald Trump Rallies?

Donald Trump Jr. has no problem associating with white supremacists. Trump appeared on white supremacist radio talk show, The Political Cesspool, hosted by known white supremacist James Edwards. Neo-Nazis, KKK leaders, and Holocaust deniers have been among the many guests on this show.

Edwards has no shame admitting his preferential treatment at Donald Trump rallies. The Huffington Post reports Edwards has received an all-access press badge, in addition to VIP parking. James is also allowed to broadcast his radio show live from these rallies.

Daily Mail - Korean War veteran who was caught on camera shoving a black woman at a Trump rally says he 'sincerely regrets' his actions and denies he is racist

A Korean war veteran who was filmed repeatedly shoving a black woman in the back to eject her from a Donald Trump rally has said that he 'regrets' his actions and denies that they were racist. Footage shows Alvin Bamberger, 75, pushing University of Louisville student Kayisha Nwanguma out of the political event at Kentucky International Convention Center on March 1. 'I physically pushed a young woman down the aisle toward the exit, an action I sincerely regret,' Bamberger wrote in a letter to Larry Kinard, president of the Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA), Military.com reported.

'This was a very unfortunate incident and it is my sincere hope that I can be forgiven for my actions.' Bamberger, who claims to belong to the Aurora, Indiana, KWVA chapter, says that his actions were not motivated by racism, but that he had become emotional after being shoved to the ground earlier. He also says his response was influenced by 'being caught between' Black Lives Matter protesters and a group of Trump supporters whom he later learned were white supremacists.

All my bold above. I'll post a few more. This literally took 5 minutes to find.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your point about guilt by association is recognized. And i don't dispute how silly it is, honestly.

But TBP's show up looking like the militant group from the 60's, sometimes with rifles. While they don't really have a uniform (short of some collateral with insignia's or something), its their "uniform" and its fairly recognizable (enough so that its cliched).

That kind of analog isn't showing up at Trump rallies. There isn't any swastikas or robes.

While the difference may not seem to matter...it is a rather interesting juxtaposition, if only for philosophical discussion

ETA: your links are folks who espouse views supporting him. Guilt by association. That's not what im talking about. Im talking about folks who are on the fringe of culture showing up in full regalia. From the KKK or TBP, all the way to nerds wearing Kylo Ren costumes....you don't really see that far fringe of culture camped out at a Trump rally. Trump rally's may have all manner of other people you can make fun of. And im sure there some racists in the crowd...it is a crowd of humans, afterall.

There. Thats as far as I go defending this man. spit.
edit on 4/7/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

PoliticusUSA - Trump Supporter Says Jesus WASN’T a Jew: Whites are the Real Chosen People

Well known is the old English adage that Jesus is an Englishman. But the quaint charm of an assertion like that is missing entirely when one of Donald Trump’s supporters says Jesus wasn’t a Jew. It is a view altogether too reminiscent of Hitler’s conception of Jesus as an “Aryan fighter” who “who took up His position against Jewry.” This new claim comes from Thomas Robb, whom the SPLC describes as “an Arkansas-based Christian Identity pastor and head of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, which he took over in the 1980s after the departure of David Duke.

Politico - White supremacist groups see Trump bump

“Demoralization has been the biggest enemy and Trump is changing all that,” said Stormfront founder Don Black, who reports additional listeners and call volume to his phone-in radio show, in addition to the site’s traffic bump. Black predicts that the white nationalist forces set in motion by Trump will be a legacy that outlives the businessman’s political career. “He’s certainly creating a movement that will continue independently of him even if he does fold at some point.”

Black of Stormfront said Trump's rhetoric has been a boon to white nationalists. “He has sparked an insurgency and I don’t think it’s going to go away,” he told POLITICO of Trump. Black, who said his site receives a million unique visitors a month, said Trump has helped drive a steady increase in traffic in recent months – including 30-40 percent spikes when the businessman makes news on immigration or Muslims – that is compelling him to upgrade his servers.

Rachel Pendergraft, a spokeswoman for the Arkansas-based Knights Party, which considers itself the national standard-bearer for the KKK, said the group encourages its members to engage with their communities through apolitical volunteer work and, at the right moment, steer conversation toward race and “white genocide.” Trump, she said, has offered KKK members a prime opportunity to feel out potential recruits on their racial attitudes. “Right now he is a major talking point. He is in the news a lot.”

Wash ington Post - PBS issues second editor’s note on Trump-supporter’s white-supremacist tattoos

Tonight’s broadcast of PBS NewsHour will feature a statement on the outlet’s recent story about the pro-Trump activities of a North Carolina family — a development that follows on the issuance of a second editor’s note in the controversy. As reported by Gawker, the NewsHour story profiled 33-year-old Grace Tilly and her family, though it failed to alert viewers to the meaning of the tattoos on her hands, which Gawker described as “white power” symbols.

As we noted earlier, Tilly’s right hand has Celtic Cross, among the most “commonly used white supremacist symbols,”according to an Anti-Defamation League official consulted by Gawker. Her left hand was emblazoned with “88,” code among white supremacists for “Heil Hitler,” according to the Anti-Defamation League’s website.

IB Times - White Nationalists Among Donald Trump's Most Enthusiastic Supporters

Jared Taylor is a believer in what he calls “race realism,” a belief system that includes the idea that people are happier when they can live with only members of their race, and that people of color are endangering the majority that white Americans have held for centuries. He has questioned the ability of black people to live in civilized society, and his website, American Renaissance, says one “of the most destructive myths of modern times is that people of all races have the same average intelligence.” Taylor, a white nationalist, is also an enthusiastic supporter of Republican front-runner Donald Trump. “He is really the first candidate in many years whose policies are not going to kowtow,” Taylor said of Trump. “He has taken a very straightforward position on keeping Muslims out, for example. Can you name a single good consequence of mass Muslim immigration to the United States? I sure can’t!”

Buzzfeed - Top Racists And Neo-Nazis Back Donald Trump

The immigration plan is a particular winner with the white nationalists. In a weekly report last week, Rocky J. Suhayda, chair of the American Nazi Party, similarly praised Trump’s immigration policy and attitude. “Americans of ALL races are FED UP with this ILLEGAL ALIEN INVASION — so he says that he’ll BUILD a WALL to keep them out! CHEERS! He states that “Political Correctness” is disgusting and it’s time to STOP IT! More CHEERS! He DARES to turn his guns on the paid morons of the system controlled MEDIA! And regular folks LOVE it,” he wrote.

On his podcast, Richard B. Spencer, the president of the white nationalist National Policy Institute, said while what Trump is saying isn’t that different from other Republicans, Trump’s passion “inspired” him.

You might also like to read these interesting excerpts from email exchanges between several prominent white supremacist leaders.

I haven't even gotten to pictures and videos.
edit on 2016-4-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It should be noted that the New Black Panther Party (NBBP) is not in any way affiliated with the Marxist 60's Black Panthers. They were founded by former NOI members, their message is completely different, etc.

No, you don't see people in full regalia at Trump rallies but they're still there. Matthew Heimbach was there in Kentucky shouting at Kayisha Nwanguma while a group — identified by Korean War vet Alvin Bamberger as white supremacists — pushed and shouted epithets at her.

James Edwards has an all access pass, VIP parking and streams from rallies.

These people know that the hardcore in-your-face white supremacy has a limited appeal and they're also aware that their overt support of Trump can actually be damaging.

SPLC

On the evening of Whitaker’s resignation, Richard Spencer, the founder of the white nationalist think-tank the National Policy Institute, tweeted to plead with Johnson to stop entirely.

At this point, Bill Johnson’s Robocalls are probably significantly damaging #Trump’s campaign. Please Stop!

Buzzfeed

And when asked whom he would support if something happened to Trump’s campaign, Taylor would not answer. “I realize that the purpose of your article is to discredit Donald Trump by, ‘Look at these wicked horrible people who support him,’” he said, “so I don’t think I would give you any ammunition against any other candidate.”

But yes, they're all racist assholes whether they're white supremacists or the NBBP. I just take issue with smearing everyone who has participated in BLM related protests/activism by trying to claim some affiliation with the NBBP. We're talking about millions of people by this point since anyone can say "black lives matter," scrawl "black lives matter" on a sign or tweet with the hashtag #blacklivesmatter and be a "BLM protester."

99.99% of these people aren't militants with guns and berets getting into near armed conflict with other militant assholes trying to intimidate people at Texas mosques.

Sorry to derail!
edit on 2016-4-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the BLM thing tends to consist more of people who have passion that is misguided in how they express it.

Its not the police killings that are the root problem. Its the way the black community is engage systemically. In HR speak, laws that technically seem to be nonracially motivated, have obvious adverse impacts that its almost impossible to believe weren't crafted solely for the sake of creating said adverse impact.

I guess with that being said...its not like no one has been pointing this out for decades. Perhaps we wouldn't be at the point of BLM insanity had we (as a nation) stopped and took a few moments to do what was right, instead of "what was always done".

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Its not the police killings that are the root problem. Its the way the black community is engage systemically. In HR speak, laws that technically seem to be nonracially motivated, have obvious adverse impacts that its almost impossible to believe weren't crafted solely for the sake of creating said adverse impact.

Did you read about this? Harpers - Nixon's Drug War, An Excuse To Lock Up Blacks And Protesters, Continues.

What's odd to me about your position on Bill Clinton vs the "BLM protesters" is that they were calling out Hillary for her support of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 and I assume Bill for signing it.

This is a bill which Biden helped push through the Senate, John Lewis and Charlie Rangel switched their votes to save and Bill Clinton signed into law. It increased funding for prison construction, lengthened prison sentences, greatly expanded drug courts, increased funding for anti-drug units and is responsible for the proliferation of three strikes laws. Along with the Reagan era legislation that created mandatory minimum sentences and the early Bush era expansion of mandatory minimum sentences, this is a key part of the very mass incarceration machinery that is in your opinion at the root of the problem.

These protesters were addressing the President who signed that piece of legislation into law at a campaign rally for his wife, who was a strident supporter of it. Yet you appear to be agreeing with Clinton. I'm surprised that Bill didn't just tell a joke and brush it off. Now Hillary is going to be facing more questions from the media about it and there's no easy counter to difficult questions — defend it and risk being seen as defending mass incarceration and the war on drugs or admit to having been wrong and contributing substantially to the problem?

The Clintons are first rate politicians though so I'm sure they'll go with Option C and shift blame to Newt Gingrich and the GOP for forcing big cuts in the funding for prevention/treatment, stricter laws, harsher sentences, etc to ensure passage. Not that there isn't some small measure of truth to that narrative but it doesn't get the Clintons and friends off the hook.

The more I think about it, the more effective this protest seems not to mention perfectly targeted.
edit on 2016-4-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Tomorrow CNN will report that is was actually Trump, not Slick Willie, who said these things...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Bills right.I dont see a difference between BLM and th3 new black panther party, personally.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OK..I'm ignorant about what "Black Lives Matter" is trying to accomplish. Who are they speaking to and what do they want? Is this some kind of Jesse Jackson reparations for slavery movement?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
OK..I'm ignorant about what "Black Lives Matter" is trying to accomplish. Who are they speaking to and what do they want? Is this some kind of Jesse Jackson reparations for slavery movement?

Nobody knows what they want.

They are yet to utter a coherent sentence.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

They want 'safe spaces' read as 'black/minority only' spaces so they do not have to feel uncomfortable around whites, on campuses, but that's the only salient demand I have noticed.

Segregation and to be treat differently.

Oh also many are students in quite respectable collages, complaining about the obvious repression they are facing. From college.

Also freedom to say kill police/white men/ etc.

edit on 8/4/2016 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join