It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly discovered planet could destroy Earth any day now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Earth and whatever-you-wanna-call-it planet will cross paths in the very near future, maybe before the end of this year like some claim. I find it interesting how many people in this thread aren't even willing to keep an open mind to the possibility of this happening, arguing it was rumored before but didn't come true. As far as I understand, it only has to happen once, and one day it might, who knows? The Universe is a pretty big place and we know almost nothing about it, although some think they know plenty. But there's a saying about those people isn't there, the ones who are sure they know everything?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny777
I find it interesting how many people in this thread aren't even willing to keep an open mind to the possibility of this happening

There is no possibility of this happening, otherwise we would already see it. Someday? Possibly, but in "the very near future"? Zero chance.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The California Institute of Technology.

Sounds official. Dives for cover.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Still waiting....should I wait any longer or just get on with life as we do with every rediculous prediction?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I have a feeling that Earth and whatever-you-wanna-call-it planet will cross paths in the very near future, maybe before the end of this year like some claim. I find it interesting how many people in this thread aren't even willing to keep an open mind to the possibility of this happening, arguing it was rumored before but didn't come true. As far as I understand, it only has to happen once, and one day it might, who knows? The Universe is a pretty big place and we know almost nothing about it, although some think they know plenty. But there's a saying about those people isn't there, the ones who are sure they know everything?

The reason is simple something huge like another planet bearing down on us we would have years notice. The final year would be unmistakable as everyone wondered what that new star is in the sky. There would be no way anyone could hide this a planet any closer then Neptune is going to be seen quickly. Just thinking though how bad it would be knowing you only have a couple of years before the end of all life on erth imagine the chaos it would cause. Would people even continue to work? If so what's the point? Would there be a massive attempt from humanity to save as many as possible? And them who decides who gets saved??

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
RT has the story now. www.rt.com... Conditionally, of course.

(retracted statement that it was a lame mish-mash of ideas. Ididn't read carefully.)
As they said, the whole idea is nonsense and other scenarios by real scientists haven't proven to be that accurate.

It is a time for me to say it plainly, I do not expect the big doom to happen this April. I just review possibilities What If.

It won't.

Scientists said it, although retired ones.

That's not correct. Sitchin said it, and he wasn't a scientist. He was a journalist. While it's not beyond the realm of possibility that someone with a science degree (NOT in astronomy or Assyriology) said something like this, they were not a reliable source.

The story you linked is full of errors... for example, Nibiru is mentioned just 17 times by the Sumerians and it's Not as a Planet Of Doom -- or much of anything else. Others have identified the picture as a computer model of a hypothetical situation (not a model of a real orbit.)

Finally, the timing of extinctions doesn't match any regular pattern. Ice ages occur with the Milankovitch cycle, but that's not a planet...that's just our orbit. You can see how irregular extinction events are here

I don't know when Planet X or its debris will hit the earth.

Not in the foreseeable future (and there isn't a "planet X")

edit on 10-4-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

That's not correct. Sitchin said it, and he wasn't a scientist. He was a journalist.

Economist by education, actually.

edit on 4/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I agree ! But lets play for a moment in the conspiracy realm

There is a theory that every 26 to 27 million years there is an extinction event on planet earth..

....and.... if you check the list of extinction events you'll find that whoever came up with that cycle is talking out of their hat.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's not correct. Sitchin said it, and he wasn't a scientist. He was a journalist.

Economist by education, actually.

Huh. I'll be darned. Then he was terrible at analyzing patterns and data.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't think he actually analyzed any patterns. I think he made stuff up.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I have a feeling that Earth and whatever-you-wanna-call-it planet will cross paths in the very near future, maybe before the end of this year like some claim. I find it interesting how many people in this thread aren't even willing to keep an open mind to the possibility of this happening, arguing it was rumored before but didn't come true.)

Blame folks who studied physics or astronomy or anthropology or history for being such darn spoilsports.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Even when Planet X starts killing people

No one will think to apologise to Planet X early aficionados

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't think he actually analyzed any patterns. I think he made stuff up.

What if you are making stuff up and have been for a while

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DentalKing

I'm pretty sure if there was a Planet inbound (there isn't) it would pretty much kill everyone at the same time.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DentalKing

Yes!

====================================================================

BTW Sitchin was not the main source quoted in NY Post. Someone US astronomer, retired.

RT posts the news for a second day in its twitter.

My job is not to quarrel endlessly with people who will always have what to say atop of quotations that come online, now from MSM and science. I already said I don't know when Planet X will come, neither do I defend this or that astronomer.

To argue it is all wrong because Sithin was an economist...I just don't have words. Sitchin's estimation Nibiru will be here after a thousand years not now. Apparently we are talking of very different sources here. Nothing more to add here.
edit on 10-4-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I recently saw this news headline which I believe supports OP's post "One day you will die so it's best to live in fear, never leave your basement, and post on the Internet about it everytime someone else tries to remind you of the inevitable". I believe the article was from the Bow to your Masters Times.

It was a boring read just like this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I have a feeling that Earth and whatever-you-wanna-call-it planet will cross paths in the very near future, maybe before the end of this year like some claim. I find it interesting how many people in this thread aren't even willing to keep an open mind to the possibility of this happening, arguing it was rumored before but didn't come true.)

Blame folks who studied physics or astronomy or anthropology or history for being such darn spoilsports.

Peolpe may study all they want, the knowledge mankind have of the universe is pitiful at best. But there's one thing that never changes and which scholars have to spare, arrogance, since the days when the "brightest" minds on the planet were 100% sure the Earth was flat.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny777

since the days when the "brightest" minds on the planet were 100% sure the Earth was flat.

When was that?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I find it interesting how many people in this thread aren't even willing to keep an open mind to the possibility of this happening

There is no possibility of this happening, otherwise we would already see it. Someday? Possibly, but in "the very near future"? Zero chance.

Zero? Low, sure. VERY low. But not Zero.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a movie called "Another Earth" just a little indie movie that had a great story.
www.foxsearchlight.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join