It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly discovered planet could destroy Earth any day now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: InhaleExhale
Now it's your turn to get your story straight. The collision is when debris from the object's million mile tail fall, smash, collide, with Earth.

So you're saying then, that this planet will pass within one million miles of Earth? You realize that's over 100 times closer to us than Mars is, right? If that were true (it isn't), then any debris from some "tail" (which planets don't have, by the way) would be the least of our worries.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: InhaleExhale
Now it's your turn to get your story straight. The collision is when debris from the object's million mile tail fall, smash, collide, with Earth.

So you're saying then, that this planet will pass within one million miles of Earth? You realize that's over 100 times closer to us than Mars is, right? If that were true (it isn't), then any debris from some "tail" (which planets don't have, by the way) would be the least of our worries.

Well the sun is only 93 million miles from earth.

Mars about 43 ave.

So 100x's closer is not correct.

The moon is 320,000 miles away.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zona
Just for the record, the article in the OP never said that planet 9 was going to hit earth. It said that planet nine would pass through the Kuiper belt, sending "Comet showers" towards earth, and that THEY would end all life on Earth!

And this is what i don't get about this story. IF this is true (just for arguments sake), and it caused the comet that did for the dinosaurs, that was 65 million years ago. So if it sends dangerous comets hurtling every 27 million years, how are we at imminent danger? I make it another 16 million years before we need to worry!
edit on 8-4-2016 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

the time periods are much shorter. Remember the Flood and the Exodus. Not every time all dinosaurs are killed.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The TV told me that Earth was doomed...
So i had to post it on ATS

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Remember Mother Shipton. For only 6 circles and 7 days shall we see the red planet (dragon) before it hits the earth with its TAIL. No impact from the planet itself, but from the debris in the tail, that make multiple smaller impacts all over the Earth.

A fiery dragon will cross the sky Six times before this earth shall die Mankind will tremble and frightened be for the sixth heralds in this prophecy. For seven days and seven nights Man will watch this awesome sight. The tides will rise beyond their ken To bite away the shores and then The mountains will begin to roar And earthquakes split the plain to shore.

www.crystalinks.com...

There will be survivors from "distant land" - rescue to another planet may be? Just a guess. Mother Shipton says, not everyone will die on earth.

And in some far off distant land Some men - oh such a tiny band Will have to leave their solid mount And span the earth, those few to count, Who survives this (unreadable) and then Begin the human race again.

French politician said about 500 days that expired last year.

edit on 8-4-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

So none of the amateur astronomers are going to see this thing until it's "too late"?

Kind of reminds me of 1999. And it reminds me of 2012. And 2015.

How many times has anything actually happened? Zero.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

the time periods are much shorter. Remember the Flood and the Exodus. Not every time all dinosaurs are killed.

There is no proof of a world wide flood or mass exodus apart from fairy tales.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So none of the amateur astronomers are going to see this thing until it's "too late"?

Exactly. How come the rest of us with telescopes can't see it? It's a planet and we can even see Ceres - which has a diameter of 600 miles - with a small telescope, why can't we see this planet already?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I just find it rediculous that one minute I'll be out at cairngorm looking through my telescope at the stars with nothing coming towards us, then the next minute there's a bloody big planet just "poofed" into existence.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Within the space (pardon the pun) of 24 hours i find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with another member i usually am diametrically opposed to in PoV and opinion
guess this is what makes ATS great.

I also do not have the opinion,feeling or instinct that we shall be ended by an incoming-at least not for the next few generations.

My PoV is-even if it had to be patently possible and Inevitable that an incoming can end Earth/cause our way of life to end-what the Hell is the point of worrying about it? I am not religious,in fact i despise religions-but this would be as close of a scenario as an 'act of god" could come.One may as well worry about getting out of bed,going to work/into town and suffering a stroke or heart attack while out. No point whatsoever. To worry about things on the scale of ELE events,is madness.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Oh Yes...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh Yes...

No, there is not.

The bible (or other religious texts) is not a history book.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zona

Still something i absolutely and adamantly refuse to worry about-what the hell can one do about it anyway? this is not the movie "Armageddon" where the Americans magically save Earth

Live every day to the best of your love,compassion,abilities and enjoyment without hurting others-EVERY day could be your personal last day,your own personal small apocalypse. Be grateful every night you lay in your comfy bed that today was not that day. That is all one can do.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It will happen ONCE in your lifetime. I wouldn't bet my life on amateur astronomers and stupid pictures.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It will happen ONCE in your lifetime. I wouldn't bet my life on amateur astronomers and stupid pictures.

Seems kind of ironic to say I wouldn't bet my life on myself, wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Exactly. How come the rest of us with telescopes can't see it? It's a planet and we can even see Ceres - which has a diameter of 600 miles - with a small telescope, why can't we see this planet already?

I myself have experience with amateur and even small professional telescopes.

Having in mind it comes from South and behind Sun, as all available sources online say it, your chance to see it from the Northern hemisphere with amateur telescope reaches zero. Indeed if you are in Australia, you may trace it when it nears, before all of us, may be one week before. May be our colleagues the amateur astronomers from Australia will inform us one week in advance.

Why the professional astronomers keep silence, if they have the 8m telescopes in Chile, orbital telescopes, and have scanned the sky with WISE infrared satellite to search exactly for hard to seen in visible light brown dwarfs and alike objects within the solar system? Where are their data?
Well they are humans too. They have their restrictions too. They have their families to care of.

Obviously humanity won't be told officially too long before the event, for fear of society break down. Actually the article discussed in this thread, said it in plain text in a big enough MSM NY Post. 2012 expected doom was not announced like that. It was sci-fi. Yes we were deluded, me included. So what? Once it will hit us. And we don't know the time. We will know it no more than 2 maximum 3 weeks in advance. Naked eye - 1 week in advance, as prophecies say. So I pay attention to what historic record says too. Because in all our sophisticated society we are too weak and vulnerable, and cannot know of events of 3,600 - 3,450 year period unless we are told so, including by historical records and religious books. Or by secret knowledge if you will. Well, I think I exhausted the topic from my point of view, answering other posts as well. Thank you for reading!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh Yes...

No, there is not.

It is your choice. If you think you can do it by yourself, please do so, and count on your telescope to save your life, and that of your loved ones.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Oh Yes...

No, there is not.

It is your choice. If you think you can do it by yourself, please do so, and count on your telescope to save your life, and that of your loved ones.

So where's the actual proof of a flood?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Actually, forget all that. I can debunk your silly Nibiri pretty quickly.

If we can't see it till roughly 7 days before it comes here and destroys us, how has it been detected and its path been determined to be a collision or close enough to cause a mass extinction? According to you (and others) no one can detect it.

Bye bye stupid theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join