It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Alien Abduction Experience

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I dont quite understand, do you discount stories like this?

QUESTION:

I witnessed a car accident a few months ago and saw a car speed by me. Thinking that the car caused the accident, I followed it and tried to memorize the license number. Now, I'm accused of causing the accident and I would like to try to get that license number of the car passing on my left. Is it possible to extract the license number from memory by hypnosis?

ANSWER:

Yes, if you actually saw the license plate, you should be able to get the numbers back. I’ve done this with two people before who were involved as witnesses in crimes. In one case it was trying to recover the full license plate number. The client recalled not only the number, but the color and make of the car. In the other, it was witnessing a murder scene. The hypnosis allowed the client to recall many details helpful to the police

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Is there another thread where you go into this in detail?

Specifically

they are non physical beings, so they can displace themselves over a large distance. Imagine a swarm of spheres. Millions of these swarms of spheres making up 1 single entity, one alien

What did you experience that leads you to believe this is what they are doing, could this just be a false perception and it really is some sort of technology? Does your friend believe they work the same way or does he have a different conclusion?

Seems more like technology to me, hard to believe how a creature like this would come about.

How many abduction experiences have you had?

How much of your information is from listening to other people? Have you had communication with people with similar experiences?

How many alien races do you think are abducting? and how common is it?

How has this experience affected your friend and yourself?

Did you get a sense of why they were doing it?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I don't think you can study this to any reasonable degree until we can establish whether people really disappear at night when they say they are abducted.

I havent really looked into this either, but if aliens were described the same way(besides the standard description), or their tools, methods, etc. If I had interviewed a 100 witnesses across several states and saw a pattern emerge, that would be helpful.

Only story Ive looked into was by Bret Oldham, he was on "Monsters and Mysteries in America" and has written a book on the experience...doesnt help the credibility of course.

Looking over youtube, hes into many fringe issues besides aliens, another warning flag.

I was surprised to find out the show supposedly(how do you even confirm this much) contacted his former girlfriend(apparently this abduction experience ended their relationship) who had her unborn child stolen and she confirmed the story. On a show like this, it was shocking to me that the story was scrutinized at all, but at least they tried.

Even if it might be true, I have no idea how I would convince someone of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

I dont quite understand, do you discount stories like this?

QUESTION:

I witnessed a car accident a few months ago and saw a car speed by me. Thinking that the car caused the accident, I followed it and tried to memorize the license number. Now, I'm accused of causing the accident and I would like to try to get that license number of the car passing on my left. Is it possible to extract the license number from memory by hypnosis?

ANSWER:

Yes, if you actually saw the license plate, you should be able to get the numbers back. I’ve done this with two people before who were involved as witnesses in crimes. In one case it was trying to recover the full license plate number. The client recalled not only the number, but the color and make of the car. In the other, it was witnessing a murder scene. The hypnosis allowed the client to recall many details helpful to the police

Thanks for that link. I think that the current memory "experts" would disagree with that. Elizabeth Loftus and Daniel Schacter come to mind. skepdic.com...

The general "gist" I get is that there is really nothing to support "recovered memories from hypnosis". It would seem pretty easy to test though. People will remember things on their own just as well as people under hypnosis with the difference being that false memories are more likely to be produced under hypnosis. So there is really no way to distinguish a real memory from a false memory unless there is some way to verify the memory. False memories can occur all on their own also without hypnosis. The idea is that hypnosis puts you in a state of suggestibility so its a useful tool for losing weight or if you want to stop smoking. So if you suggest to someone to remember something where there is no memory to begin with, what do you think might happen?

As far as hypnotizing people to recall license plate numbers, I don't think there is anything to support that idea. Not in any scientific way. But I am certainly open to it. one person here convinced me that its at least possible.

This is the closest article I could find in 10 minutes referencing a study to match what you posted.
abcnews.go.com...

The study, by Joseph Green of Ohio State University, questioned 96 college students about the day, month and year of certain historical events. Roughly half the students answered the questions under hypnosis, while the other half performed a muscle relaxation exercise before the questions.

Once finished with the questions, the students rated how confident they were in their answers. Their answers were checked, and all the subjects were told they had at least one wrong answer. They were then given a chance to change their answers, and rank how confident they were in the revised version.

Accuracy Unchanged

The study found there was no difference in the accuracy of the hypnotized vs. the relaxation group. Nor were there differences in the groups' confidence levels, but at the same time the hypnotized group changed fewer responses when given the chance.

"While hypnosis does not enhance the reliability of memory, there is some evidence that hypnosis leads to increased confidence in memories," said Green.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So if you suggest to someone to remember something where there is no memory to begin with, what do you think might happen?

In dealing with doctors, especially if I am the subject!, Ive tried to corroborate their perceived skill level as much as possible. Not all doctors(or teachers, lawyers etc) are equal.

I would hope an experienced hypnotist would try asking the same questions on nights where nothing happened to start with and slowly work towards the night where something supposedly did. Im sure there are some that would just dive right into the night in question, rookie imo...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

I would hope an experienced hypnotist would try asking the same questions on nights where nothing happened to start with and slowly work towards the night where something supposedly did. Im sure there are some that would just dive right into the night in question, rookie imo...

apparently anyone can become a hypnotherapist so its probably a good idea to find someone with actual training but then they probably wouldn't try to recover your memories since its not approved by the APA. So you are stuck going to an abduction researcher who will disregard all that pesky research. It would probably be a good idea to stay clear of anyone that would try to recover your memories with hypnosis imo. Personally I think the whole hypnosis idea is a little on the quacky side anyway...well most of psychology.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Why do abductions have to be physical?

Because if they weren't we couldn't test them. Simple as that.

Abduction definition:

The action or an instance of forcibly taking someone away against their will.

Testing something and being able to test something are not mutually exclusive to something being real or a legitimate phenomena. I agree its contentious and we wouldn't be able to test it, but my point is that given we do not fully understand the nature of consciousness, if, essentially your mind was "abducted", not only is it not a testable phenomena, it would appear to be false from any test performed, simply because we don't have the ability to understand it to begin with.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think u should be thinking more about Wat brought u and ur wife to that specific house where the door coincidentally was unlocked and u were driven to the third floor to look at the very spot u didn't know would trigger the revelation. a reply to: PrimeAutobot

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hundreds of cases of ufo/abductees calling on Jesus to end their abuse have been documented.

yt:Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled - Joseph Jordan and Guy Malone
www.youtube.com...

Youtube: Ancient Aliens Debunked
youtu.be...

“Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception.”
--Dr. Jacques Vallee

“The UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.”
--Dr. Pierre Guerin

“The UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture.”
--John Ankenberg

“One theory that can no longer be taken seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships.”
--Sir Arthur C. Clarke

“The evidence suggests that this is a program.”
--Prof. David Jacobs, Temple Univ.

“Can we exclude the possibility of an extraterrestrial evangelism?”
--”Carl Sagan, The Andreason Affair,” ”Raymond Fowler

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Personally I think the whole hypnosis idea is a little on the quacky side anyway

Its definately not as fool proof as I thought, though it does appear it can be helpful at times . Not sure quacky is the word I would use, but I certainly wouldnt let anyone do it to me unless there was a freaking good reason = )

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Personally I think the whole hypnosis idea is a little on the quacky side anyway

Its definately not as fool proof as I thought, though it does appear it can be helpful at times . Not sure quacky is the word I would use, but I certainly wouldnt let anyone do it to me unless there was a freaking good reason = )

Thanks for that link. Its interesting because the article was dated from 1999 and I think memory recovery from hypnosis was still accepted by main stream psychology or at least there was a split. It was a big controversy in psychology back then and is known as the memory wars. There were a number of court cases in the 90s involving recovered memories of child sexual abuse that ruined a lot of lives but it was latter found that there was no way to determine if the memories were real or not. Lots of studies were done demonstrating how easy it is to create false memories but nothing to show that its effective for recovering memories. Here is an interesting article about all that and even how John Mack fit into all.www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
16 sightings.

2 wake ups at 3am seeing a ship of light (red glow) flying the direction away from my residence upon waking (country land).

3 different species encountered, metaphysical encounters. Alien voices coming from apparently my own head, also one transmission came from my own throat (vocals) that is impossible for a human to replicate.

0 "proof".

Such is life when we live in a paradox.

ahh... Cool story OP, not the best layout and some fuzzy details and gaps. Whatever, one day we will figure out what happened to the human race during this past century.

Those guys who science so hard? They will have some bitter sweet facts to face. For now they can use their science stuffs to make us look foolish.

Yet, if an advanced species made itself known, how foolish would they all feel?

Sure, before you quote spam me.. it will never happen bc they don't exist

edit on 6-4-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sixpack110

We lived in a fairly isolated area when i was a child.I have memories of seeing the sky through the ceiling of our house,of floating outside our kitchen door once,and many times floating in our yard,some procedure being done to my head,the forehead area,that felt awful,like something was being pulled from my very mind or brain.I have memories of going out of a busy and bustling house,to go lay outside in the yards and stare up at the sky.

At a certain point i would get up and stagger to the house,feeling sickly and not in my body properly,very strange.I would go into my house and suddenly everything would be tidy llike the house had been empty for days,and tidied up,my adoptive mom and her adult sons would be gone too,the air quality in the house would be strange,sometimes a golden light seemed to suffuse the house,once i recall a blue/green light.

I would sit in the silent empty kitchen till i felt better,and go out to play again.Then a bit later i would hear my mother calling me for dinner-i would go back in and everything would be back to normal,she and her sons would be back,dinner finished,house untidy as it was when i first went outside.

There would be a pattern,i would walk into the kitchen when i felt sick after staring at the sky,i would sit in a specific chair and never go further than the kitchen,never call for my mom or go looking for them in the house.Everything would feel off-kilter and strange,i felt so sickly,weak and like a ghost at those times.Then after a time that i estimated was about 20-30 minutes i would exit the house.

Short while later it was like i was back in the real world again,or rather the real world was back.Point of the story being,whoever took me and kept interfering with me had some strange tech that seemed to manipulate matter and time.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I dont disagree, I read enough to convince me it cant always be trusted and memories can be invented to boot.

But if a hypnosis session does provide information the person claims they cant remember otherwise and it turns out to be correct, all the studies and journals in the world mean nothing imo. The Officer in the article and the fellow in the first article I linked seemed to have at least some success.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PrimeAutobot
"Chuckle" what did you eat, before you went to bed? What did you watch on tv before you went to bed? There are a lot of conditions you were under that don't support that as anything more than just a dream, and it might not have been a bad dream.

· Port holes? You live next to a beach, surely you've been on a boat with portholes, this is a common frame of reference in your mind. Maybe you were excited about a near future or past boat ride.
· Next the beach, how do you know some atv riders weren't driving in circles on the beach?
· You probably think about aliens a bit, that constructs allusions in your mind, explaining things with "alien" activity.
· Chalk it all up to dreaming.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Many people have concious memories of the abductions, or at least parts of these events. These people leave far away of eachother, and never meet. In fact, many were surprised of finding later that many other folks had the same experiences.

And again, you have cases of abductees' children describing the visitors that will come at night, and the drawings and recollections will match perfectly the creatures described by the parents.

In the meantime, while we discuss AGAIN such subjects, we have already human looking hybrid creatures living among us. But, it's cool, it's not we should be worried about goal-focused 'people' that can control your mind and make you do whatever they want...

'No proof! no alien tissue! no alien craft materials!' Go on, it's still a 'constructive' discussion.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill
Many people have concious memories of the abductions, or at least parts of these events. These people leave far away of eachother, and never meet. In fact, many were surprised of finding later that many other folks had the same experiences.

And again, you have cases of abductees' children describing the visitors that will come at night, and the drawings and recollections will match perfectly the creatures described by the parents.

In the meantime, while we discuss AGAIN such subjects, we have already human looking hybrid creatures living among us. But, it's cool, it's not we should be worried about goal-focused 'people' that can control your mind and make you do whatever they want...

'No proof! no alien tissue! no alien craft materials!' Go on, it's still a 'constructive' discussion.

If you noticed, 111DPKING111 shared some links with me I and shared some links with him. He made some comments, I made some comments and we were able back up those comments even though they were opposing points of view. I know I learned something from what he shared or at least it piqued my interest. Making claims about "human looking hybrids that can control minds" should, at least, have source.

Many people have concious memories of the abductions, or at least parts of these events.

Yes they do but that doesn't exclude them from false memories or confabulation. Hypnosis is only a factor because it was once thought to have a special memory enhancing effect. That has not been shown to be the case.

These people leave far away of eachother, and never meet. In fact, many were surprised of finding later that many other folks had the same experiences.

Christmas is celebrated all over the world too.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AntiDoppleganger

How many times do you think this happened?

How many brothers did you have and were they always taken as well?

Did you have any injuries?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PrimeAutobot

PrimeAutobot, if you've been abducted several times, there's a way that you can initiate the next visit on your own terms, while you're conscious. I don't recall the details, but there's an ATS thread describing the procedure/process. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Thanks for My alien abduction... You did great job by describing everything for skeptics. I hope more people will come forward and we get the job done. Here one article speculating if Corey Goode and Blue Avians exist and what they are; ______beforeitsnews/spirit/2016/04/blue-avians-the-sphere-beings-2501191.html

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join