It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Muslims Must Be Assumed To Be Dangerous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't dispute that there are many peaceful Muslims who would never hurt anyone. I believe there are kind and loving Muslim people in the world. The problem is I can't tell the difference and there really are 10-20% of Muslims who will kill you or worse because of their ideology. How am I supposed to tell the difference? Sociopaths are inherently difficult to identify and I don't have the tools or the inclination to determine which of these people is 'good' and which are 'bad'.

The main problem I have is I don't NEED to have Muslim people in my life so why should I risk having them around me? I don't have the tools or time to make a decision about every Muslim person I meet. This doesn't mean I don't treat them with respect when I run into them, but it does mean I am not going to intentionally have a relationship with one either.

Now you could say that anyone could be dangerous and this is true, but the fact is the percentage of 'radical' Muslims is much higher than in the general population and it is easier to assume they are dangerous than to try to figure out their intent.

I am not calling for discrimination or telling others what to do, but I am saying for ME it is easier to avoid these people than take a risk that 1 in 5 or so of these people would like to kill me, rape me or enslave me for not believing in their Allah.

I am not trained to decide who is dangerous or who is not nor do I possess ESP. Mathematically speaking it is easier to assume they are dangerous than take a 20% risk.
edit on 2016/3/29 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The problem is I can't tell the difference and there really are 10-20% of Muslims who will kill you or worse because of their ideology.

Yah, okay. I think all metal heads look the same, too. Theres no telling how dangerous they are so mistrust all of them.

(sarc off)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The keyword is radical muslims. You need to target the groups who harbor them and not group them all together.

Better yet how about they use the technology that took our freedom to privacy away? I thought that was suppose to protect us.

Also this hatred towards muslims is only going to cause more tension. We need to stop looking at issues through politcial glasses amplified with fear.

edit on 11331America/ChicagoTue, 29 Mar 2016 17:11:17 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12331America/ChicagoTue, 29 Mar 2016 17:12:08 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2016 by eriktheawful because: fixing edit

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Should we make them wear a badge, thereby making it easier for citizens to identify the people they must assume are dangerous?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh great, another Muslim bashing thread.

What about that Muslim shopkeeper in Glasgow? Would you have run the fella out of town?

edit on 29 3 2016 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I mean, sure I hear you...but that's over the line. You said it yourself...I mean how many White Anglo serial killers have there been? The majority percentage for sure...you see where I'm going.

I agree with Trump and halting immigration until we get a handle on things, or slowing it for more thorough vetting, but I have wonderful friends of all ethnicities and faiths...my mentor is Muslim...alas, it is difficult.
edit on 29-3-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The keyword is radical muslims. You need to target the groups who harbor them. Better yet how about they use the technology that took our freedom to privacy away? I thought that was suppose to protect us.

Also this hatred towards muslims is only going to cause more tension. We need to stop looking at issues through politcial glasses amplified with fear.

What percentage do you assume are radical Muslims? I am assuming 10-20% of the world wide Muslim population. I have seen much higher estimates. I would assume no more than 5% of almost any other demographic is dangerous.

I don't have time to sort through people with that high of a percentage of religious insanity. Maybe you do and that is fine. All I suggested is that I will avoid this demographic because of their propensity for violence.
edit on 2016/3/29 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Maybe we could eventually, I don't know, concentrate them all in one space. For our mutual safety.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Should we make them wear a badge, thereby making it easier for citizens to identify the people they must assume are dangerous?

Who suggested this? Not me.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Islam is Islam! The moderate, more peaceful muslims' ,will standby
and allow the handful of radicals to do what they want to non-muslims!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Oh great, another Muslim bashing thread.

What about that Muslim shopkeeper in Glasgow? Would you have run the fella out of town?

I already explained that I would just ignore Muslims.

All of the other 'suggestions' are simply hyperbole by you and other people that want to deny the problem exists.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't dispute that there are many peaceful Muslims who would never hurt anyone. I believe there are kind and loving Muslim people in the world. The problem is I can't tell the difference and there really are 10-20% of Muslims who will kill you or worse because of their ideology. How am I supposed to tell the difference? Sociopaths are inherently difficult to identify and I don't have the tools or the inclination to determine which of these people is 'good' and which are 'bad'.

The main problem I have is I don't NEED to have Muslim people in my life so why should I risk having them around me? I don't have the tools or time to make a decision about every Muslim person I meet. This doesn't mean I don't treat them with respect when I run into them, but it does mean I am not going to intentionally have a relationship with one either.

Now you could say that anyone could be dangerous and this is true, but the fact is the percentage of 'radical' Muslims is much higher than in the general population and it is easier to assume they are dangerous than to try to figure out their intent.

I am not calling for discrimination or telling others what to do, but I am saying for ME it is easier to avoid these people than take a risk that 1 in 5 or so of these people would like to kill me, rape me or enslave me for not believing in their Allah.

I am not trained to decide who is dangerous or who is not nor do I possess ESP. Mathematically speaking it is easier to assume they are dangerous than take a 20% risk.

I have not read any of the replies from you or others yet but I am hoping this is one of those "clever" threads that seeks to make a statement by doing the exact opposite.

I have a feeling that this is not the case however.

A simple test would be to look up crime demographics in your area.

Who is most likely to commit a violent crime against you in the area in which you live?

If it's more likely to be a Muslim then your OP makes sense, if not then I think you are going to have to rethink your ideas a little.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Don't forget about all those illegals from south of the border who are all rapists and murderers. How can you tell a legal from an illegal just from looking at them? For that matter, how do you know when someone is a Muslim or not? In America, they don't all wear burkas and turbans.

I have an idea... if you've got brown skin, you're bad. Got it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Don't forget about all those illegals from south of the border who are all rapists and murderers. How can you tell a legal from an illegal just from looking at them? For that matter, how do you know when someone is a Muslim or not? In America, they don't all wear burkas and turbans.

I have an idea... if you've got brown skin, you're bad. Got it.

It is disingenuous to try to ascribe your hyperbole to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Islam is Islam! The moderate, more peaceful muslims' ,will standby
and allow the handful of radicals to do what they want to non-muslims!

Do they also just stand by and allow the radicals to do what they want to Muslims as well.... because, Islam? You think Muslims haven't been killed and tortured by the radicals?

I'm trying not to get angry, but you people are making it veeeeeery difficult. Ignorance knows no bounds apparently. Go Trump.

link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Maybe we could eventually, I don't know, concentrate them all in one space. For our mutual safety.

Right? Like some sort of retreat... or a camp. Yes, that's it; a camp.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ahh,Ahh.Ahh...You seem to be playing the "Race Card" here.

link   
I don't think anyone cares if you're scared of a group of people and avoid them. That's fine. What bothers me is when people say we should implement laws to specifically protect against this group of people, or keep a specific group of people from becoming citizens, or start setting fire to temples, mosques, or churches. I think that's what a lot of racists (no implying you're racist) don't understand when people get mad when they start throwing their opinions around, nobody cares if you hate a specific group of people on your own, we just don't want to listen to you try to convince us why we should be afraid and hate this group of people too, or that being scared of or hating a group of people is the smart thing to do.

I tend to put people that are afraid of muslims in the same way I think of people who won't fly on airplanes because they sometimes crash. Sure, there are plenty of examples to illustrate that there is a risk, but relative to the number of people who have perfectly appropriate interactions with muslims every day I think the risk might be a little blown out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Its funny that people ignore what was said in my OP and try to ascribe additional hyperbole in an effort to discredit my statement instead of actually engaging with what I ACTUALLY SAID.

I said, based on the high number of Muslims that are radicalized I will be assuming they are dangerous because I don't have the skills or time to decide which is which. I said I personally will avoid Muslims.

Anything else you are ascribing to me is BS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join