It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome back to Chile Raptor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yesterday arrived to Chile the USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Team, two F-22 Raptor and a KC-10 tanker, to participate in FIDAE 2016, the most important Air Fair in South America.

portal.fidae.cl...
edit on 28-3-2016 by drwire because: edited youtube link

edit on 28-3-2016 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: drwire

27 arrived to Chile the USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Team, two F-22 Raptor and a KC-10 tanker, to participate in the most important Air Fair in South America FIDAE 2016.

"27 " of them arrived for an air show? How many will remain stationed there?

Or does "Air Fair" mean like an arms bazar. Jets for sale, like piggies and goats at the country fair?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Nice, how close can the public get to those birds? would be nice to see some and get close

edit on 28-3-2016 by Maxatoria because: something went wrong with the reply system i think

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

When they were up here at Boeing, we were able to get about 15 feet from them.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

27 arrived to Chile the USAF F-22 Raptor Demo Team, two F-22 Raptor and a KC-10 tanker, to participate in the most important Air Fair in South America FIDAE 2016.

Or does "Air Fair" mean like an arms bazar. Jets for sale, like piggies and goats at the country fair?

Sunday the 27th of March, there are only 2 Raptors there.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: Maxatoria

When they were up here at Boeing, we were able to get about 15 feet from them.

That doesn't look like your typical aircraft parking spot

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

something like that but with Blackjack and Hookers.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

All you need is some Tequila.

And some bad decisions.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The F22 raptor is a magnificent piece of engineering, you can definitely see the integrated Roswell alien technology. That will keep those damn Russians at bay. /sarcasm

But really, it is an amazing plane.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

They turned left when they were supposed to turn right so they just parked where they could.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: charolais

They turned left when they were supposed to turn right so they just parked where they could.

Is that why it's in the car park?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

They use parking lots sometimes when they need extra parking. The flying aircraft need to be kept separate do they require ramp space. If there's not enough, they'll commandeer a car parking lot.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We all know the parking lot is outside an all you can eat place with a booze license and who's going to tell someone in 2-300 million dollars worth of aircraft that they can't have a burger and a few beers before flying back (would the internal cannon be loaded not that the poor owner would know ?
)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And I thought the coolest thing I'd ever see at Pudahuel was the An-124 that was on the tarmac when I flew in last May...

Lan's dreamliners are a close second, or maybe they're third after the old 737-200's I flew into Valdivia and Osorno nearly 20 years ago. As a kid, those old Lan/Ladeco box lunches were nearly as cool as watching the clamshell thrust reversers do their thing on those dinky southern runways...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

are you chilean?.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They use parking lots sometimes when they need extra parking. The flying aircraft need to be kept separate do they require ramp space. If there's not enough, they'll commandeer a car parking lot.

So when I'm in Seattle in a few months time and I find the last parking space in the public car park has been taken up by a $300 million dollar jet fighter,I can park my rental car on what I think you call the ramp over there (apron in the UK)?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Lol. No unfortunately not. That would be cool though. The museum will occasionally block off a section of the museum parking lot for special guests. (The F-22/f-15's on that day, a 737 bringing in kids for women in flight day, the 727 prototype a few weeks back, ect.).

Unfortunately people coming to the museum are on their own to find parking. There is usually enough overflow parking to accommodate those events though.
edit on 28-3-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I was born stateside (thanks, Pinochet!), but my dad's family has some pretty deep roots there.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbo8

originally posted by: intrptr

Sunday the 27th of March, there are only 2 Raptors there.

Okay, thanks….(slinks away)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Concord takeoff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join