It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens have the technology to travel to our planet...why don't they cloak themselves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Or of someone who accepts that their technology, while very advanced may still have limits. Either the machinery to cloak something requires a certain amount of space that isn't viable in a smaller UFO, or the power output required is much too high. Maybe both.

We are at the stage where we are going to be cloaking plane sized vehicles. Your argument is a fallacy of what ifs, there is nothing of substance.

The fact is however, there have been a lot of alleged sightings of small to medium sized craft that just don't seem viable for long trips. However, we have never seen a large craft. That would imply that either there are no large craft, or that they have some sort of cloaking technology.

Or they do not exist.

Where you will encounter something is not necessarily where 95%+ of that species resides.

Besides, given the rate at which abductions seem to happen, I would say they're encountering plenty of people.

We have abduction stories/sightings in the heart of the US, your theory of them going to these random places is destroyed by that alone.

Lots of what ifs and no substance.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Well imagine you travel to another galaxy -- you have no idea what senses the life there will have or what kind of technology they will have. So, how would you make your ship cloak against the unknown?

But aliens have eyes too.

Also, they would cloak their ship in a way that can't be seen or touched at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

If Aliens have the technology to travel to our planet...why don't they cloak themselves?

I have the similar argument about the blinky lights,
Why look like a air plain......

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

I have the similar argument about the blinky lights,
Why look like a air plain......

My theory...if your interested, is that there are government crafts and alien crafts with varying range of technology in them...

However I've seen a ship that looked like an alien ship that wasn't cloaked...

Also, they seem to be obducting some weird people randomly like someone has already said.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
We are at the stage where we are going to be cloaking plane sized vehicles. Your argument is a fallacy of what ifs, there is nothing of substance.

Stealth technology and cloaking are not the same thing. Stealth involves reflecting/absorbing radar signatures so the receiver can't read it, and more recently it involves optical camouflage. Cloaking actually bends light, radar, and so on around the body of the ship making it actually invisible. We can do the former, the latter we have no idea how to do other than knowing that it takes a lot of energy.

Or they do not exist.

To be fair I did say they aren't there as one possibility, which would include the outcome that they don't exist.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
After reading the thread and seeing great answers...I'll add that I think it has to do with the propulsion system of the craft that it just can't be cloaked...if they are ionizing the air, how can that be cloaked? The other thing the aliens might be making observations of our reactions to seeing the lights of the craft or the craft itself. Given that they apparently abduct people to do more tests.

I think the most common alien ships are shiny metallic objects and balls/orbs of lights/plasma. Craft with lights all around...who knows, could be terrestrial...or I don't know why an alien ship would have so many lights...fi they are lights and not part of the propulsion system. I highly doubt it's just decoration...maybe it is...like a flag on a plane.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Some ET's possibly use "active camouflage" metallic helmets, that makes them blend in with there surroundings.

game over man...is on the right track about ET starship propulsion systems in our atmosphere --- Because the Foo Fighter possibly uses a form of photon propulsion, that necessitates the use of plasma ---- for it's propulsion system --- in places that lack starlight photons.

During this time...the starship is enveloped in a magnetically contained plasma cloak --- that makes them radar stealthy, and impervious to any attacking weapons used against it, like: bullets, missiles, laser beams, and probably even atomic weapons.

Besides the magnetically contained plasma shield being used for take-offs and landings...It is highly probable that the plasma can also be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join