It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart Reporter Embroiled in Trump Staffer Assault Incident Quits Amid Internal Work Strife

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So, a little bit of bruising of her arm is ok with you?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So, a little bit of bruising of her arm is ok with you?

She didn't tweet that photo until later. Those bruises could've been placed on there by someone else to make it look like Lewandowski hurt her.

If you don't think that happens there are some claims of assault from women against their ex-husbands were fabricated with self-imposed bruises. (A friend of mine did this, unfortunately)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: MysticPearl

This is a prime example of how soft we've become as a nation.

Folks are basically arguing about who touched her. There's more contact when I put butter on a bagel.

Trying to get a drink at a bar on a Friday carries higher risk and greater contact.

This little cupcake got caught lying. Then took her ball and went crying home. Simple as that.

Hey now, it was the worst thing that happened to her since her father died. Give her a break. lol.

Probably poor gal is not used to getting bumped from getting her questions in.

To be fair, she was most likely talking about all the hate mail she's getting as being the 'worst experience she's had since her father died' and not the grab by Lewandowski.

But her story reeks of desperation for attention. She's been on several news networks claiming assault and filing a police report.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Michelle Fields has a problematic history relevant to this current accusation and there are points to consider in weighing the validity of it.

One is the video of the alleged act does not match her description of it. Two is this is not the first time a claim had been exaggerated. During her 'coverage' of Occupy Wall Street, Ms. Fields lost her balance and fell. Nearby police officers leaned down to assist her and a photo was taken that implied they caused her to fall, much to the chagrin of the NYPD. This was not corrected until much damage had been done.

There are undocumented claims that both in her college years and at The Daily Caller, her former employer, Ms. Fields had internal conflicts that led to threats on her part. Ms. Fields also worked for Allen West, which ended with a claim of sexual harassment (other people have made that same claim).

Ms. Fields has a book being released in June, and any attention may assist sales. A writer named Chuck Johnson reported that she fabricated a harassment charge against him.

Breitbart censured an employee for doubting her story, and warned another employee from criticizing her, which is a bit different from her depiction of her treatment by them as she relates it in interviews.

These issues may well be incorrect or incomplete and could be a smear job, I don't know. What's terribly troubling is the utter lack of any journalist asking about these issues and getting on the record responses. The readiness to fully embrace the story due to Trump derangement syndrome and desperation to damage his GOP dominance is troubling, albeit par for the course. After all, hasn't the news stopped being a source of news for many years?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Why would Brietbart have someone that deranged working for them and going to campaigns. First, you say the victim lied because someone else not related did, then you say she had someone hurt her enough to leave bruises.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's been found to be more efficacious to invent news by creating "events" out of non-events.
Slander the candidates and their staff - if it's Trump anyway, everyone else gets a pass.
I cannot believe the amount of anti-Trump hysteria being egged on by every single channel and endorsed by every other candidate.
Maybe the GOP should wake up and realize Trump is vastly more popular for good reasons, sorry if that conflicts with the wishes of their globalist masters but his message is something the American people are responding to. They already undercut Ron Paul and lost many supporters back in 2012, if they do it again the GOP should just pack it in and forget about trying to get a POTUS elected.

It's blatantly apparent to me Fields dramatized the event grossly out of proportion either to garner personal attention or to hurt Trump. I find it gratifying when people get caught in their lies and have to eat their words as well as look for new jobs. No worries Ms Fields, there's plenty of MSM stations that want reporters who don't give a damn about facts.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why would Brietbart have someone that deranged working for them and going to campaigns. First, you say the victim lied because someone else not related did, then you say she had someone hurt her enough to leave bruises.

Nice way to twist my words. I didn't say she lied. I said it's Possible someone else could've done it. And I pointed out that it has happened before to someone I knew.

I never even said she was deranged. YOU did.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

There was an eye witness, is he lying?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

There was an eye witness, is he lying?

I don't see anywhere that the witness claimed to see bruises forming on her arm.

Do you have a source?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Should they support her if she is lying?

If and when it was determined that she was wrongfully accusing someone of this then at that point I'd say no, they would then be perfectly justified in not supporting her.

However, since that has not been determined yet and right from the start they decided to throw her under the bus without even the possibility of giving her the benefit of the doubt it's clear they decided to be the judge and jury instead.

If they thought of her as already lacking so much credibility as to not even consider her story true then it makes me wonder why they would have her as their journalist in the first place. If your own employer has such little trust in you and you're a journalist what does that say about them as an employer??

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

How do you know that they made their decision "right from the start"? Maybe they watched the video, and talked to some people, and then made their decision.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Because this video only recently came out which nobody had seen until then. So we can take that off the list of evidence they had to judge anything.

If you read the account of what happened you'll see for yourself that they chose to go against her and go with Trump instead. That's the reason for it blowing up like it has and why her and others were offended enough by the whole situation to quit. There are also memos that Breitbart sent to other reporters that work for them telling them not to support her either.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The eyewitness saw it happen. Bruises don't always show immediately.
edit on 15-3-2016 by MOMof3 because: lang

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The only eyewitness to the alleged incident to step forward and back Fields' story is a co-worker, Breitbart editor Ben Shapiro. In a room full of reporters, staffers and SS he's the only eyewitness to see the assault Fields claims took place? It stands to reason that reporters protect their own, and any that saw what Shapiro and Fields witnessed would stand up and testify.

Fields Twittered a pic of a few bruises on her arm, and can't conclusively prove they came from the incident. I've yet to find any evidence or video outside of the editor's statement. Fields either exaggerated contact or made the story up, for whatever reason. Perhaps her employer came to the same conclusion, and that's why they abandoned support for her claims.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Then why has she filed a criminal complaint?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I said in my first response to you that there's a possibility she could have manufactured those bruises later, in order to give her account more credibility. You haven't proved to me that making those bruises herself was an impossibility.

I'm not saying she wasn't grabbed. It just doesn't look like it was forceful. Remember, she also claimed she was yanked down and almost fell to the ground. The video contradicts that.

I think it's stupid for her to file a criminal report over this little incident. She's a reporter. Reporters get jostled around as part of their job. If she keeps filing assault reports no one is going to hire her!
edit on 15-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Then why has she filed a criminal complaint?

Good question. Why has she filed a complaint that can't seem to verified except for her coworker's testimony? We'd both like that answered, and I predict the charges will be tossed for lack of evidence unless a clear video has surfaced showing what she claims.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9812016062016-03-15T17:33:06-05:0020162pm060533 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

<< 1  2   >>

join