It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart Reporter Files Charges Against Trump Campaign Manager

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Reporter Michelle Fields filed assault charges Corey Lewandowski, Trump's campaign manger. The Jupiter Police Department in Florida confirmed that an investigation has begun over an incident that occurred on March 8th.
twitter.com...

A running battle between members of the press and Trump campaign staff has been ongoing in the press over allegations of ill-treatment and sometimes violence towards reporters by Trump staffers.
twitter.com...

Breitbart and the Trump campaign are locked in a war of words after Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, reportedly attacked Breitbart’s Michelle Fields Tuesday night rather than let her ask Trump a question regarding affirmative action. Breitbart is calling for an apology, but the Trump campaign has not only flatly denied Fields’s allegations, it has counterattacked Fields personally, spewing forth a series of rather obvious lies and distortions. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

www.nationalreview.com...
Trump's response:

"Perhaps she made the story up. I think that's what happened," Trump told reporters after Thursday night's GOP debate in Miami of Tuesday night's alleged incident. In a later statement issued Friday morning, the Trump campaign said the accusation is "entirely false" and that the staff had "no knowledge of said situation."

www.nbcnews.com...

Stuff like this is what the media is focused on daily, rather than the issues and content of platforms. It's yet another distraction and media negative spike at the Trump campaign, IMO.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Drama queen pre-modonna i do not believe her story as she says it is as
all..

Do women have no dignity anymore?
edit on 11-3-2016 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Sadly the Republican party arent really focused on the issues, they are still denying the existence of man made effects towards the ever changing climate change.

The Republicans still haven't learned anything from Iraq.

The Reporter has the rights to push for charges.
edit on 11-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Drama queen pre-modonna i do not believe her story as she says it is as at all..

Check out her "injuries" in the photo--a couple of bruises. I think more damage was done to her sense of self-importance than her body...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn

Sadly the Republican party arent really focused on the issues, they are still denying the existence of man made effects towards the ever changing climate change.

The Neocons are behind all the controlled opposition.

They've infiltrated both American Parties.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Drama queen pre-modonna i do not believe her story as she says it is as at all..

Check out her "injuries" in the photo--a couple of bruises. I think more damage was done to her sense of self-importance than her body...

She shouldn't have any bruises. We are adults, not 8 year old kids on a playground.

The standards some folks have lowered themselves to recently is quite shocking....all because they want this guy to be POTUS.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Republicans are believers in self-responsibility. If Trump's manager is at fault she'll own up to it. The issue I have is Fields making as public as possible, and making sure to blame the Trump organization, rather than attempting to solve the issue with Lewandowski personally. This kind of crap wouldn't have happened on older campaign trails. Then again, people weren't as sensitive as they are now.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So, bruises are acceptable to you?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Republicans are believers in self-responsibility.

Like they were on Iraqi war to right?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

So, bruises are acceptable to you?

Considering the fact there is no video evidence to support her claims, I can't attribute them to Lewandowski.

Video of the moment, which another journalist — the Washington Post's Ben Terris — confirmed to NBC News was the time of the alleged incident, shows a partial view of Fields approaching Trump. Her progress stops, but the video does not clearly establish whether Lewandowski or another person made physical contact with her.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Republicans are believers in self-responsibility.

Like they were on Iraqi war to right?

Keep on topic please. The discussion isn't about your opinion on GOP past transgressions.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Correct. You were not a witness, but there was a witness.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You are right--there was a witness to the incident, but no visual evidence of the campaign manager causing the bruises in question. Reporters have put their personal safety aside in the past to get the story, and when Fields rushed at Trump, his camp. mngr. intervened, according to another reporter in attendance. He said, she said without evidence.

I believe Fields pursued charges when she didn't get the apology she was expecting.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. Victim blaming in these cases are in vogue. So of course she's lying just because.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just another case of the media trying to make themselves the news rather than reporting the news. These special snowflakes need to melt away.
It appears that every person there had a phone recording so why no real evidence of her charges? If someone grabbed my arm hard enough to cause bruising, you'd be hearing me squealing---just to bring attention to what was happening.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Drama queen pre-modonna i do not believe her story as she says it is as
all..

Isn't Breitbart pro-Trump? So what reason what she have to lie? It makes no sense, she's probably putting her job on the line and Breitbart is risking the loss of many of their readers as the result of this.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Youd think the right wing americans would defend breitbart, its there go to news blog to attack anything from the left, the implosion of the right used to be funny, now its just pathetic.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Really explain this to me.

How is Trump 'responsible' for the actions of some one else ?

From the crowd that says all muslims aren't 'bad'.

All ILLEGAL immigrants' aren't 'bad'.

Then do an epic one eighty, and say all Trump supports are 'bad'.

Hey 'liberal's ?

You can't have it both ways.
edit on 11-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Breitbart said it was "disappointed" in the campaign's response and "in particular their effort to demean" Fields' previous reporting. "We stand behind her reporting, her techniques, and call again on Corey Lewandowski to apologize," the conservative news site's CEO Larry Solov said in a statement.

Breitbart is backing Fields in this incident, and IMO the charges she's pursuing is because she didn't receive an apology from Lewandowski. I don't think the Trump camp helped themselves by by statements like:

"Perhaps she made the story up. I think that's what happened," Trump told reporters after Thursday night's GOP debate in Miami of Tuesday night's alleged incident.

The Trump campaign manager attacked Fields in a series of tweets, calling her an "attention" seeker — which prompted the journalist to tweet a picture of her bruised arm.

www.nbcnews.com...
Based on the comments of several articles on the subject, posters were in agreement with diggindirt: " Just another case of the media trying to make themselves the news rather than reporting the news.".

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Really explain this to me.

How is Trump 'responsible' for the actions of some one else ?

From the crowd that says all muslims aren't 'bad'.

All ILLEGAL immigrants' aren't 'bad'.

Then do an epic one eighty, and say all Trump supports are 'bad'.

Hey 'liberal's ?

You can't have it both ways.

How is this still a serious question? When Trump encourages it and even offers to "pay the fines" for beating up protesters, how would an assault by his campaign manager not be a product of the culture Trump is nurturing?

As far as painting all Trump supporters "bad", that's not really what this thread is about. It's about Trump, his campaign manager, and the person who reported him for his behavior.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join