It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albert Pike on Adonai and Lucifer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hello friends. I am not a Mason but do find it fascinating. I have read much of Morals and Dogma and one comment stands out to me:

Lucifer is God, and Adonai is also unfortunately God.

I know Lucifer is not Satan, or even real, and I know Masons must know this as well. All I want to know is what Pike meant by this. I thought Masonry was sort of Jewish influenced if not subservient, so why is Pike talking trash about the Jewish God Adonai, and why is he calling a non-existent translation error God. There is no Lucifer in Judaism. Halal ben Shachar is just what Isaiah is calling the king of Babylon sarcastically. Halal means shining one and Shachar is a Canaanite mythical figure for the planet Venus in the morning. Not a literal god but an astro-myth.

So Masons, what am I missing?

Thank you, have a good day.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mryhh

Pike was poking fun of the anti-masons who used the "Lucifer" thing, he knows it was a mistranslation and he knows that scholars of the time also knew that.

www.masonicinfo.com...

This will explain it in great detail.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What about the unfortunately Adonai is God too comment?

He has some fascinating information in that book. Most of it spot on. He is the only statue honored confederate General and I believe he was extremely learned even today he would be a scholar.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

could you post the paragraph in question? I am not sure about the Adonai quote, but if it's like most, it's taken out of context in order to make Pike look like he's something other than a Christian.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i don't believe theres a mistranslation. research the structure of spiritual alchemy such as the alchemia opuscula veterum philosophorum or the rosarium philosophorum. within this structure there is a crucial role played by hermes/mercury, which changes from hermes/mercury to lucifer/venus AS "THE LIGHT BRINGER". the fantastic lucifer that christian catholicism has concocted has no role in anything except their own psyche.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I loved that link you should give it to every 1611 KJV AV fanatic who refuses to see the international aspects of religion and only wants the dark ages delusions that don't recognize scholars and are just plain ignorant schmucks. I say that hoping one of them stumbles upon this sight because it says Lucifer thinking it's about Satan. I laugh at their total ignorance of the truth in favor of a demonic imposter "god" called Jehovah. That was a rant, I know, but that link has me in the mood because it was so precise.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: daath

The mistranslation is well documented. To the point of not being up for discussion.
www.everlastingkingdom.info...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: daath
i don't believe theres a mistranslation. research the structure of spiritual alchemy such as the alchemia opuscula veterum philosophorum or the rosarium philosophorum. within this structure there is a crucial role played by hermes/mercury, which changes from hermes/mercury to lucifer/venus AS "THE LIGHT BRINGER". the fantastic lucifer that christian catholicism has concocted has no role in anything except their own psyche.

Your message was to me cant and blather. It factually is a mistranslation and I can break it down for you if you want. Lucifer is just Venus in the morning. The king of Babylon was the PERSON who Isaiah was talking too and alchemy is a far off philosophical system time wise. I believe it was Arab originally, in the era of Islam, that alchemy began as a system of philosophy. So you should face facts vs finding a non-existent solution to a non-issue to a bible student once fully understood. I wish you the best in your search in what amounts to a defunct philosophy. You can make gold but it's too expensive, and anyone who has mastered immortality isn't talking.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mryhh

He is the only statue honored confederate General

he is not, at all. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

if you bothered to reference the source that I provided than you might have a different view. unfortunately people love to not do research and just rely on their preconceived knowledge.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Greetings of Light Mryhh.

The idea that Adonai is the God of the Bible comes from the word "Adonai" being used in Judaism in-place of pronouncing the ineffable Tetragrammaton (YHWH).

"Adonai is the plural of Adon, meaning “Lord, Lord, LORD, master, or owner” (the word Adon derives from a Ugaritic word meaning “lord” or “father”).  In the Tanakh, the word Adon can refer to men and angels as well as to the LORD God of Israel (e.g., Exodus 34:23). God is called the “Lord of lords”(Deuteronomy 10:17) and Psalm 8:1 mentions God as “YHVH our Lord.”

The Masoretes ensured that the sacred Name of the LORD YHVH would not be taken in vain by putting the vowel marks for Adonai under the letters יהוה [YHWH] in the running text (ketiv). They did this to remind the reader to pronounce Adonai regardless of the consonants in the text (qere). However, Adon and Adonai also appear as Names of God in the Hebrew Masoretic text, and some of these will be listed here."

Names of God, Adonai

The terms "Lucifer" and "Satan" are often used in occult writings according to their literal etymological meanings in a symbolical, allegorical, and esoteric sense;

* Lucifer (Light, Knowledge, Mind, Consciousness, Higher Self)

* Satan (Adversary, Barbarism, Ignorance, Insensible, Lower Self)

This usually represents a dualistic view of psychological and universal archetypes.

There is also the beautiful astronomical allegory of Venus bearing the Light of the Sun (Life, Knowledge, Safety) which dispels the darkness (death, ignorance, fear) of night.

edit on 3/11/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Lucifer is God, and Adonai is also unfortunately God.

This is the Taxil Hoax. It does not appear anywhere in Pike's writings.

If you would like proof, simply download a copy of Morals and Dogma and do a word search. There is nothing even similar.

Here's where it comes from:

Main article: Taxil hoax
It is unknown when the Luciferian quote was first created and where it was first published.[3] However, its origins can be traced back to several sources, most notably AC de la Rive and the Taxil hoax, which reads: ...Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods; darkness being necessary for light to serve as its foil as the pedestal is necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive....[4] — Abel Clarin de la Rive, Woman and Child in Universal Freemasonry

Source: Taxil Hoax and the Luciferian Doctrine

Taxil publicly confessed to the hoax (see same source), but it is still often quoted by anti-Masons who can (obviously) never reference where in Morals and Dogma it comes from.

edit on 11/3/2016 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

I knew all that but appreciate the effort. I was hoping you could tellme sspecifically what " and unfortunately Adonai is also God" means. I get why he would say that because I say the same thingmmyself, but I don't assume to know what HE means when he says that?

Also did Pike draw a distinction between El and Adonai/Yahweh?

He is said to have been a strict Trinitarian, but clearly he was learned beyond mere Christianity in the theology department and if he was Trinitarian, who was th Father of his trinity?

Thank you very much sir.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Why is it a hoax just because you say Leo Taxil took credit for it? I don't see it as a negative statement where it needs to be a hoax and that sounds like a prepared argument to dissuade any Adonai fans from thinking Pike disliked their God. Maybe he had a little old fashioned Jewish bias and it needs to be denied to appease the now powerful Jews.

Either way, I don't find it a negative comment so I don't care who wrote it but I believe it was Pike because it was his book withhis name on it

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

As Saurus mentioned above, the Adonai quote you mentioned was from a hoax. So Pike never said that. Unless you have a specific quote in mind that hasn't been mentioned here.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Either way, I don't find it a negative comment so I don't care who wrote it but I believe it was Pike because it was his book withhis name on it

can you find the quote in his book, or any of his books?

It's not about if it's nice or not, it matters if it's true, and apparently, it's not. But if you can post a link, we might all learn something.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Why is it a hoax just because you say Leo Taxil took credit for it?

Taxil, an anti-Mason, wrote in an article that Pike had said this. But Pike never said anything of the kind. Taxil later admitted that he made it up and that Pike never said this.

After anti-Masons of the time admitted their mistake, the whole incident of wrongful blame of Pike and the Masons was coined the Taxil Hoax.

However, it is still attributed to Pike by un-knowing and/or particularly belligerent anti-Masons today, despite the fact that Pike never said it nor wrote it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

God created Lucifer or the negative aspect. It is simply summed up by the Yin/Yang symbol. Satan...or better yet Saturn-al principles are the tester of human endeavors chosing to do good or bad. The circumscription of what you WILL and the path you take determines the effects of your causes. Life is simple, when you complcate things is when you create your own hell on earth.
edit on 11 3 16 by IridescentPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IridescentPhoenix

It's interesting to note that scholars and linguists have discovered that "Lucifer" was not a name for the Devil at all, but a mistranslation of a disgraced Babylonian king. Knowing that, and knowing that since that's true, Lucifer could not have been, nor can ever be "the devil", I wonder what that does for all those who fear "Lucifer"?

But then, what's in a name?
www.everlastingkingdom.info...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IridescentPhoenix

Regarding the name 'satan', if I may quote MasonicLight (on this forum):

Dr. Michael Aquino, founder of the Temple of Set, suggests that "Satan" originally was derived from the honorific title "Set-Hen", or "Eternal Set". Since Set was presumably seen by the Hebrews as an adversarial object to Yahweh...

Source

In another post by MasonicLight:

They [the setians] therefore refer to Set, the Egyptian god whom the Hebrews based their "Satan" on (it is taken from the sacramental name "Set-Hen").

Source

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join