It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albert Pike on Adonai and Lucifer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Terry Melanson, who posted here under the name fire-in-the-minds-of-men, thoroughly debunked the Taxil Hoax on his website. Terry is also not a huge fan of Masons so his work is very impartial.

Terry also wrote the definitive reference on the Bavarian Illuminati called Perfectibilists: The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati.

edit on 11-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Although we now know it to be fact that Isaiah's inclusion of the word "Lucifer" is an outdated and inaccurate translation originating with St. Jerome's Latin Vulgate Bible, Lucifer's association with the "devil" has been culturally ingrained and perpetuated by the King James Version of the Bible, Dante Alighieri's "Divine Comedy", and John Milton's "Paradise Lost". But even in light of this corruption, the mythos isn't going away anytime soon.

edit on 3/11/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Fear is evil, which binds up everything from your parasympathetic nervous system to your DNA. Evil backwards is LIVE. Folks need to dwell together in Unity, simply... life blossoms and thrives. Plant a seed of goodness without digging into the dirt to see if the roots are working every 15 minutes and you'll soon have a harvest of bounty.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Right, and knowing all that, doesn't it kind of remove any and all validity "Lucifer" has as being the bad guy? (or the "guy" at all)

I guess that's why Pike had such a good laugh about it way back then.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridescentPhoenix

Fear is evil, which binds up everything from your parasympathetic nervous system to your DNA. Evil backwards is LIVE. Folks need to dwell together in Unity, simply... life blossoms and thrives. Plant a seed of goodness without digging into the dirt to see if the roots are working every 15 minutes and you'll soon have a harvest of bounty.

Evil is just a state of mind. It's that thought process we use when we feel like being selfish. Think about it. When you have a serious problem and you want a good solid answer, some pray to God for a little guidance. But when the question is about something bad or selfish, we rarely ask anyone for advice, we seem to know exactly what we want to do, and justify it being OK somehow. Evil lives in us all, it's how hard we work to get past the easy, less God like answers that defines us.(for a very corny and strange Friday afternoon comment)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
a reply to: IridescentPhoenix

Regarding the name 'satan', if I may quote MasonicLight (on this forum):

Dr. Michael Aquino, founder of the Temple of Set, suggests that "Satan" originally was derived from the honorific title "Set-Hen", or "Eternal Set". Since Set was presumably seen by the Hebrews as an adversarial object to Yahweh...

Source

In another post by MasonicLight:

They [the setians] therefore refer to Set, the Egyptian god whom the Hebrews based their "Satan" on (it is taken from the sacramental name "Set-Hen").

Source

Interesting correlation, when considering the early iconography of the Canaanite El and Yahu with their winged solar disks, which is conceptually similar to the solar iconography of Ra and Horus.

In this regard, we can also make out the infusion of solar association onto Jesus, by early church founders, by way of Holy Days, iconography, and epithets (in my opinion, a perpetuation of the Greco-Roman Mysteries).

edit on 3/11/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daath
You don't have to try and convince me something I know for a fact isn't true and that the truth isn't the truth in what must be a desperate attempt to keep your fantasy of Lucifer alive. I'm only responding because even though I have contempt for such ignorance I hope that you receive some kind of realization that you need to slow down and take it one religion at a time. Learn Judaism from Genesis to the oral traditions and the laws of Leviticus and you will see that Judaism is very complicated and archaic in the bible but one thing that even Yahweh admits is he is responsible for good and evil. He never has a beef with Ha Satan who is the divine prosecutor who accuses man before God and then asks for permission to test them never not in concert with God's plan. He is subservient to Yahweh and the promotion he received from Catholicism is a result of the Persian Ahriman who was the evil spirit of Zoroastrianism and Orhmazd was the Wise Lord and all good. So they had a good God, Ahura Mazda, and a destroying evil fiend called Angra Mainyu and then they have a vast angelology with Mithra being the most important and you had Ahriman who is the archetype of the Catholic Satan.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2016 by Mryhh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I find Pike studious, knowledgeable about more mythology than any Crowley, Hall or Levi and even Weishaupt (maybe). Taxil probably wanted credit for some reason.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I asked someone if Pike drew a distinction between El and Adonai/Yahweh and if he was a strict Trinitarian like I read who was the Father in his Trinity. Clearly he had contempt for the Jewish God and was not worshipping Yahweh. El being the Father of Jesus has been my belief for some time now.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mryhh

What do either of those replies have to do with what I said to the other poster?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Why can't I just ask a question and get an answer? I wasn't interested in your previous comment other than Taxil. I think he wanted to take credit for some reason. You are just constantly confrontational and I am just a gentleman asking a question about a person I find interesting in the hope of getting the answer to the question without any friction. You have too big of a chip mellow out a little nobody wants to be haranged for being inquisitive. X a n a x buddy, will clear that right up!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Because you replied to the post twice which was a specific post replying to someone else which I thought you were somehow trying to tie into what I said. If you wanted to ask a question then just ask one, the way in which you replied is not what I am accustomed to on this site.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mryhh

I knew all that but appreciate the effort. I was hoping you could tellme sspecifically what " and unfortunately Adonai is also God" means. I get why he would say that because I say the same thingmmyself, but I don't assume to know what HE means when he says that?

Also did Pike draw a distinction between El and Adonai/Yahweh?

He is said to have been a strict Trinitarian, but clearly he was learned beyond mere Christianity in the theology department and if he was Trinitarian, who was th Father of his trinity?

Thank you very much sir.

Hello again my Brother. Thank you for instigating an interesting discussion.

I have read "Morals & Dogma", but I can't recall encountering the quote that you mentioned in your op. If you could please give me the page number or chapter, I'll be more than happy to give my interpretation of its possible meaning (I need its context).

I don't know if Pike differentiated between "El and Adonai/Yahweh", nor do I know his beliefs regarding Trinitarianism or whom he revered as the "Father".

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I read it on American Buddha and that sight got shut down by Penguin. I do however recall the quote vividly and it has been backed up by others in this thread. Personally I think Pike was anti-Adonai for good reason, and cryptically saying that light is knowledge and God is light while acknowledging that Adonai is worshipped unfortunately so, that it has benefited man none this idea of Yahweh and his sadistic behavior. He probably held the Yahwist religion responsible for what it has done in his name, the constant wars and I think he wasn't trying to be elaborate just making the point in passing.

I am not an expert but I enjoy pontificating about things like that I guess I am just a little drawn to Morals and Dogma it's fascinating but I need to buy it and read it again.

Peace and blessings to all.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the compliment btw. I did a quick search and found this addressed to the 31° 32° and 33°
I will type what I wrote down:

If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay, whose deeds prove his cruelty perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science would Adonay and his priests calumniate him? Yes Lucifer is God and unfortunately Adonay is also God.

I know we know there is no Lucifer, but the philosophy behind it is enlightening. Light Bringer. The light is God,God is light. Pretty sound.

Accurate description of Adonai also. Pike was ahead of his time or the man of his time but I have the same sentiments about Adonai/Yahweh and I find it amazing that Christians find my perspective evil when I am just holding Yahweh to his own standards. I believe El is the only Most High God and what is bad about that?

It's good to talk with enlightened people like yourself!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Now what if... what if ? ..

A lot of the stuff these guys believe is based on a bunch of old crap which is simply not true.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It has taken me near 13.5 billion years to rise to the 666th level of Freemasonry.
I am prepared to reveal the 'Ultimate Secret" as I lie on my death bed.
It is all "One Colossal Joke.'
Enjoy the good things. Work through the bad. It's all the same damned day.
We now return to our regular program.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

How the hell do you know what is true and what is not about anything? Simply not true and same old crap could be said about the bible and anything on desires to say it about. But speaking from ignorance is a fools mission. You don't belong to Freemasonry which is not the topic of this thread. It's about one man's statement from a book. I bet you can't add anything intelligent so you criticize what you don't understand.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mryhh

Thanks for the compliment btw. I did a quick search and found this addressed to the 31° 32° and 33°
I will type what I wrote down:

If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay, whose deeds prove his cruelty perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science would Adonay and his priests calumniate him? Yes Lucifer is God and unfortunately Adonay is also God.

I know we know there is no Lucifer, but the philosophy behind it is enlightening. Light Bringer. The light is God,God is light. Pretty sound.

Accurate description of Adonai also. Pike was ahead of his time or the man of his time but I have the same sentiments about Adonai/Yahweh and I find it amazing that Christians find my perspective evil when I am just holding Yahweh to his own standards. I believe El is the only Most High God and what is bad about that?

It's good to talk with enlightened people like yourself!

www.masonicinfo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join