It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshipping Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its been suggested that due to the "undefined deism" of Freemasonry, that one could worship Satan and be a Mason, if Satan is ones "God".

I would imagine that most satanists aren't terribly overt about their beliefs, and thus might be considered a secret society as well.

Questions for Masons (or non-Masons) who might worship Mephisto:

1) What lead you to worship Satan?
2) What intellectual or spiritual satisfaction do you get from Satanism?

Other questions for Masons:

Do you know or know of any Satan-worshipping Masons?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

Not only do I not know of any, but I've never heard of any either. I'd be surprised if there were many, if any.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I am not a Satanist, but I have studied the subject, and can comment. I think that actual Satan worship is, for the most part, a hoax. Consider the following:

Satan is basically a creation of Christianity, loosely based upon the deities of the ancients, especially the Greek Pan and Egyptian Set.

Most "Satan worshipers" tend to be Christians in denial, going through a rebellious stage. That's why most of them tend to be teenagers from Christian homes, and with emotional problems. Usually it's just a phase and they grow out of it quickly. Unfortunately, some of them do some very nasty things though, such as animal sacrifice.

Real "orthodox" Satanism is a religion founded by Anton Szandor LaVey in 1966. He was the first High Priest of the Church of Satan, and generated a large following among the counterculture.

These Satanists do not literally believe in the existence of the Christian devil, nor do they worship him. They are atheistic, and believe that Christianity is an organized hypocrisy. To them, Satan is simply a symbol of personal liberty against arbitrary authority, and one of freedom from cultural norms.

A second group which grew out of the Church of Satan is the Temple of Set, founded by Dr. Michael Aquino, a former priest in the Church of Satan, in 1975. The Setians are similar to the Satanists i9n many aspects, but are more metaphysical and philosophical. They also found the need to eliminate all references to Christianity, as they consider it completely irrelevant. They therefore refer to Set, the Egyptian god whom the Hebrews based their "Satan" on (it is taken from the sacramental name "Set-Hen").

Satanists do not qualify to become Masons because they do not believe in the existence of a Supreme Being. Setians may qualify, depending on the individual, although I've never heard of a Setian Mason.

Those wishing to know about Satanism can read The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor Lavey online in full here.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Can't say I have ever heard of a "satanist" Mason either..

Also, it would seem counterproductive, the kind of Satanist your speaking of (literally believing in the devil and purposfully worshiping him) would clash a great deal with much of what Freemasonry teaches...

I don't see them being comfortable

Some Masons may worship a different God then that of the bible, and many (I can think of a few ATSers) would consider that "devil worship"

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is a vast array of fundamentalist Christian websites out there that link Freemasonry to Satanism. The only time you hear of someone claiming to be a satanist and a mason, they also clam to be witches, alien abductees, vampires, catholic priests and illuminati. The only way, in my opinion, that a satanist could become a mason is for them to completely hide any hint of it. If anyone in lodge ever discovered it they wouldn't last long as a mason.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
In defense of the Illuminati (originally a body of scholars and in no way related to the modern usage of the term)...the Luciferian references in question were pertaining to the one who gave mankind the fruit of knowledge, to know as God did - the difference between good and evil.

Lucifer is thus considered the Light Bringer, one who dispeled the ignorance of Adam and Eve, and it such a context, the one who really opened humanities eyes to the realm of knowledge in all it's forms.

No one ever said the path to Light would be easy, but it's a personal path, and one must be fully educated in order to bring balance, wisdom, and constructive understanding to the mysteries inherent in all branches of study.

So if I profess to be Illuminist (and yes, I've had a few run ins with the paranormal and things I can't yet explain, many of which are included on your list) it does not mean that I profess all the answers, worship anything other than what is good and noble in the world, nor does it mean I practice human sacrifice.

But I will poke fun at certain things on occassion, and to some, it may come off as digital blasphemy - but hey, I'm only human.

Fnord.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I'm a non-mason who would like to answer those questions. First off, read what Masonic Light wrote in his post, that covers a nice chunk of backround. I am not a satanist as such, however in the last few years I've realized that I do indeed worship the spirit of what satan represents. To me satan is he who first said "Non Serviam!" , "I will not serve!". He is Lucifer which means Light-Giver as shown by Prometheus the Light-Bringer, he who first brought technology and understanding to man. He is the opposition to YHVH who would deny you your godhood.

I've worshipped many gods(I am pagan) and two are Eris and Pan. In them the spirit of rebelion is strong. They share much with satan but are each their own unique entity. But lately I have been saying "I worship Satan" because I do(but not exclusively), it just took me a while to understand.

Vas

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This question should be asked to all and not only Freemasons.

Satan was derived from "Ha-Satan". It means to oppose, or an opposer. This name was first used by the Priests on Amen-ra. They called Ankehaton, the "Ha-Satan".

Anton Lavey wrote that Satanic Bible as a little joke, as pure humanism.

Where do all these human"isms" and all "isms" derive from? Where does Faust's notion of the "God of the Earth" or "God of Materialism" stem from? When people start to worship money, or power or worship their own petty little personalities, thinking that this personality as a creation of space and time is a God, what happens next?

Would not a real opposer to human evolution wish man to become materialic and a humanist? Would not a truly evil demon wish to convince man that there is nothing betond but matter and there is no opposer at all?

To claim that Christians or anyone else made up "SATAN" is shortsighted and is like denying the fact that there are forces in opposition to man's spiritual development all around us. When Pope Innocent III genocided the Cathar Christians, they called him the "Anti-Christ", and they were very correct.

So Zhenyghi, as I have mentioned elsewhere to others, do not expect a straight answer to your questions here.

If you want to start seeing this fact for yourself, remove the word "satan" in your question and put in it's place the word "Set" or "Lucifer" or "Lilithil", or "Mammon" or "Orcus" or "Samael", or "Asmosday", or "Belial" etc and ask the question again in another fashion and see what happens next?

Sweft

[edit on 12-4-2007 by sweftl337]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Some Masons may worship a different God then that of the bible, and many (I can think of a few ATSers) would consider that "devil worship"

Typical you leave out the Christian masons,if they believed in the Bible they too would have no other option than to think along those lines.

Your bias for your masonic brothers is clearly showing,or dont they believe the Bible to your knowledge?.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Mark 12:32
"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

www.biblegateway.com...

There are more verses along the same lines,so all I`m getting at is why single out atser`s who believe in the Bible and not Christian masons,do you know they dont believe these and other verses?

edit oops forgot the source link

[edit on 12-4-2007 by gps777]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweftl337

So Zhenyghi, as I have mentioned elsewhere to others, do not expect a straight answer to your questions here.

If you want to start seeing this fact for yourself, remove the word "satan" in your question and put in it's place the word "Set" or "Lucifer" or "Lilithil", or "Mammon" or "Orcus" or "Samael", or "Asmosday", or "Belial" etc and ask the question again in another fashion and see what happens next?

Sweft
[edit on 12-4-2007 by sweftl337]

Does anybody here worship any of the above mentioned names? I think it is safe to say that none of the masons who post here do.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I did ask Masons, but I also included non-Masons in my OP.

I did know of LeVey and the schism with Aquino -- both were on "Geraldo" one time back in the late 80's or early 90's. At the time, Aquino was a Colonel in the Army and was a (Setian) chaplain (wonder what his Chaplain insignia looked like?..).

I didn't know about the philosophical differences between LeVey and Aquino; I had thought they were more personal or related to who-controls-what.

I also seem to recall on "Geraldo" that Anton LeVey's daughter, Zena LeVey was a guest as well. I was pretty astonished; she was VERY attractive.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
People that worship Satan believe God is evil. Money make's life like heaven on earth when you have it in life. NWO is a group of people who enjoy the pleasures of the world through their wealth and their goal is to keep it that way.

People that worship God believe Satan is evil. They believe that greed causes bad thing's to happen in the world and it is the work of Satan. The poor are a group of people who do not enjoy many pleasures the world has to offer and their goal is to reach heaven. To worship god so that they're lives will be better in the afterlife.

What do I think? I think they're both a bunch of nutcase's. The truth is, there is no God or Satan. There is no rich or poor. Everything is an illusion. An illusion so real you can taste it, so clear you can see it, so memorable you won't forget it, and so sickening you can't bear but find way's to break out of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I would imagine that most satanists aren't terribly overt about their beliefs, and thus might be considered a secret society as well.

Actually, these days, most Satanists and their derivatives tend to be quite self-acclaimed. Search for 666, Rob Zombie, or any of the other known associates of the devil and you'll see.

I think most are led to Satanism due to a desire to "break" from traditional views of society. And, I guess also to bring about some level of destruction, if only within their own soul. There was a rise in the late 80's of last century where it was claimed that Satanists existed high in the hierarchy of society. Most would not accept this, even though every talk show of the day interviewed Satanists and they were polled on there beliefs, which they stated explicitly.

These days, it's different. It's not only acceptable, but seems to be appreciated for the "freedom" given unto, and a strange desire released into others that observe from a very casual distance.

What I've noted of Satanic inspiration is the bringing about of eliminating from the individual that which does not fit their innermost being. If something does not fit into their causalities, it is eliminated by being associated with the "good", and is compelled against. This can range from "cursing" someone with spells, to outright destruction, for Satan of course, of the thing/person/system that is not desired.

There's a DeadLock within the Satanic community that will cause almost all followers to face their limitations. The concept of Hell, which would seem to be the final resting place upon Death. Although typically associated with destruction, when faced with their own destruction, I've noted that Satanic followers tends to harrow so to speak. Cast prayers to any noted deity that might spare them are common when faced with mortality.

I guess the points I'm trying to make in all this rambling, they're not secretive these days. There seems to be a large base in the Rock Music catalog for Devil Music. Also, the "freedom" gained by "blacklisting" yourself from the mainstream seems to be the biggest factor for following Satan.

I would do so at your own risk. Most are complacent, some are not.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I help moderate a Masonic message board and I have only heard of one case of someone interested in Masonry and was a Satan worshiper but never pursued it after hearing that it's not compatible. We pretty much told him it wouldn't work.

I know you guys are going to say of course we will say that there are no satan worshipers but there really are none.

There is nothing in the rituals or meeting they would get out of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I did know of LeVey and the schism with Aquino -- both were on "Geraldo" one time back in the late 80's or early 90's. At the time, Aquino was a Colonel in the Army and was a (Setian) chaplain (wonder what his Chaplain insignia looked like?..).

I didn't know about the philosophical differences between LeVey and Aquino; I had thought they were more personal or related to who-controls-what.

This is actually a very fascinating story, especially for those interested in occultism.

In the Satanic Bible, LaVey mentions that the book contains both fact and fantasy, and that man needs both. This was later qualified by saying that "the ritual is fantasy, but the magic is real".

The Church of Satan were primarily atheistic, and began experimenting with magic for entertainment. For ritual, they used an extremely simplified version of Crowley's system, replacing Crowley's Egyptian symbolism with diabolic imagery.

However, soon afterward, many of those experimenting met the unexpected: much to their surprise, their magical work seemed to open very real doorways. They were left at an impasse: the Church of Satan denied the existence of any metaphysical truths, yet they were being confronted by them daily.

This paradox led to the schism. LaVey more or less abandoned the magical aspect, and began using the Church for profiteering purposes. At this time, Dr. Aquino was the highest ranking field agent in the Satanic Priesthood, holding the degree of Magister, equal to being an archbishop in the Christian Church.

Many of the members turned to him for guidance, feeling betrayed by LaVey for "selling out".

Aquino, not knowing what direction to take, performed a magical ceremony, and invoked the "Prince of Darkness". His answer came not from "Satan", but from Set, the ancient Egyptian lunar deity, known as the Prince of Darkness not because of "evil", but because of his mystery, and because he is associated with the moon. The utterances of Set to Aquino are contained within the Book of Coming Forth By Night, which is scriptural to the Temple of Set.

In short, the Temple considers Set a "real" thing, the "Isolate Intelligence" of the Universe. They believe that this Intelligence separated itself from Nature in aeons past and became self-conscious, eventually conferring that self-consciousness as his gift to us. It was fear of the Self, says the Setian, that made men turn Set into a devil.

The entire history of Aquino's involvement in Satanism, and his eventually break from it, can be read in his excellent online book "The Church of Satan". Its companion volume contains the story of the Satanic Priesthood resigning their membership in the Church of Satan and forming the Temple of Set. The book, of course, is called "The Temple of Set".

Both books can be read on Aquino's homepage here. Also, "The Church of Satan" has some really cool photos at the end from Aquino's persoanl collection.

Let me also just say that I have corresponded with Dr. Aquino in the past, and found him to be both a gentleman and a scholar. In my opinion, he is one of the most honest of modern occult researchers, and is a man of integrity.

I also seem to recall on "Geraldo" that Anton LeVey's daughter, Zena LeVey was a guest as well. I was pretty astonished; she was VERY attractive.

LaVey had two daughters, Karla and Zeena. Photos of both can be seen in Aquino's "The Church of Satan". Both are Satanists, and Karla has toured the university circuit lecturing on the subject.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Typical you leave out the Christian masons,if they believed in the Bible they too would have no other option than to think along those lines.

Your bias for your masonic brothers is clearly showing,or dont they believe the Bible to your knowledge?.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Mark 12:32
"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

www.biblegateway.com...

There are more verses along the same lines,so all I`m getting at is why single out atser`s who believe in the Bible and not Christian masons,do you know they dont believe these and other verses?

edit oops forgot the source link

[edit on 12-4-2007 by gps777]

If I may be so presumptuous as to interject and answer (for myself, anyway).

I tend to find that Christian Masons don't run around accusing people of devil worship and telling them they're going to hell, primarily because they are more tolerant of other people's beliefs, and recognise that it is every person's right to worship according to their conscience.

I am guessing that this is why Rockpuck didn't specifically mention Masonic Christians doing so: Not necessarily because of his bias towards them, but because of his experience of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

I tend to find that Christian Masons don't run around accusing people of devil worship and telling them they're going to hell, primarily because they are more tolerant of other people's beliefs,

Which is from your perspective,which I can understand.If this or that web site has attacked masons of worshiping this or that, usually its a Christian web site from what I`ve seen.

Though Christians dont go around telling people they`re going to hell as much as you probably believe we do and certainly not in the manner a lot of people like to think,rather its more a concern that people dont end up there.

ATS (denying ignorance) or the Internet confuses this a bit I think,as in real life if a Christian was to witness to someone,I`ve never heard them say "your gonna burn in hell" if you dont follow Jesus.The message of what he did for us is said and if its a negative response from them with no discussion,as in their not interested in hearing or discussing it,then thats it,so its a little different with Christians on ATS or web sites to real life imo.

I am guessing that this is why Rockpuck didn't specifically mention Masonic Christians doing so: Not necessarily because of his bias towards them, but because of his experience of them.

The point I was making is that with the quotes I gave minus others I didn`t give, was if there are Christian masons, then they think the same way as the Christians Rockpuck had alluded to, "being the only ones who think that way", because there is only one God and way to Him is through Christ is a belief and Truth a Christian has.

So my questions were do you know mason Christians that dont believe those verses?.

Edit for a little more clarity,I hope.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by gps777]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
GPS777 how do you recconcile your Christianity with the words of Christ in Matthew 10:5-6 , John 18:20 , John 4:22, Matthew 15:23-27 ?

[edit on 14-4-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
GPS777 how do you recconcile your Christianity with the words of Christ

Faith.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Emphasis mine

This is an example of it happening,from one of the verses you gave.

Mathew
23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

25The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

27"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

28Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Again emphasis mine

How this is remotely close to being on topic is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It is as on topic as your posts are. Your posts seem to be saying that if you believe in the Bible than you have to believe in and follow Christ.
My post show you how in Christs own words he came for the Jews only and, being a Gentile I am a Noahide with reverance and respect for Jesus.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by RWPBR]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join