It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email Scandal: Hillary Clinton’s Last Defense Just Blew Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good Morning fellow ATSers,

One year ago, when asked about the email scandal Clinton responded as such:

A reporter asked Clinton whether she was “ever specifically briefed on the security implications of using your own email server and using your personal address to email with the president?”

Her answer was emphatic: “I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.”

Then she went on: “I’m certainly well aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material.”

OK fine, she said she didn't do it, we let her campaign, back to the status quo.... we let her have some slack.

Then over the last year we all know how much information came out which made Mrs. Clinton look quite silly. Still, she came up with various explanations and excuses as to why she should not be in trouble. I'm certain any of us would do the same. My belief is we allow this since one cannot really control what someone sends you in an email. So if some clueless staffer was sending her emails inappropriately, maybe it wasn't her that really did something wrong. I feel many people took this line of thinking.

Now this...

The Post’s latest revelations, however, are particularly damning. It found that three-quarters of the classified emails she sent were written by Clinton herself.

Saying she didn’t know the information was classified because it wasn’t marked makes no sense, since she was the one who would have been responsible for marking it in the first place.

And, since she claims that she was “well aware of the classification requirements,” she can’t now claim that she was ignorant of the nature of the information she was sending.

As this story has unfolded over the past year, Clinton has tried to brush it aside as a partisan witch hunt. When that didn’t wash, she tried to blame the State Department for “over classifying” information, or charged that it was just the result of interagency squabbles.

It turns out she wrote most of these classified emails... My question is this, What does a person at the top levels of government have to do for the people to finally get mad?

This awful human being cannot do the right thing and own up to her mistakes, perhaps acting like a real leader instead of a scared politician afraid of becoming irrelevant. What she should be afraid of is going to jail.... but she isn't acting as if that's even remotely possible.

We need to stand up as an electorate and demand better of our elected officials, or we stop electing them. Perhaps it is time for the people to make an example of a politician.

Richard Nixon didn't go to jail and he was caught red handed.... in fact, most top level people get pardoned. However, anyone of us get caught with a dime bag and its Don't pass go, don't collect $200, go straight to jail.

So the discussion I would like to start is; How can we, The People, force the government, which derives its power from us The People, to abide by the will of The People and hold Clinton, and anyone else who was both negligent and derelict in their duty responsible related to this matter?

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsreal
She won't give up, even if they handcuff her and lead her into a cell. (not that it will happen)

She could be up to her neck in bovine feces and she would tell everyone that she was taking a bath in rose petals.. and keep a straight face.

It will be up to the FBI, DOJ and the Courts to decide what happens to this woman.... her lies be damned.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

OK fine, she said she didn't do it, we let her campaign, back to the status quo…. we let her have some slack.

Some understatement.

We didn't let her slack, the government did. The whole endless email scandal is designed to focus everyone on a minor note, the real stuff shes been complicit in is effectively forgotten that way.

Her get out of jail free card.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

She could walk on a stage in front of thousands of people and strangle an endangered animal while kicking an orphan in the face and never, EVER be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Clinton... the Bilderburg. Friend of Koch Brothers (special friend likely). Owner of banks. Servitude of elite. Too rich for book signings. Too poor for public speaking. Too knowledgeable for Benghazi. Too dumb to jail.

Hillary Clinton... buried under the pentagon 2016!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wrong. None of the e mails were sent by her they were received by her. Most almost exclusively were issued a confidential low level after the investigation because the e mails were NOW being released and had to be changed. Nothing was classified when she got them.
Information provided by Fox may have made her look silly. But only to the foolish who were inclined to believe it.
It is a witch hunt.
3/4sent by her. Don't be riduculous
Where's your source?
Where's the link. You can't just attach bogus paragraphs and claim they're legitimate.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

104 sent by Hillar (yeah, I know.... not classified at the time..... I don't suppose we should expect her to be competent enough in her job to believe that even ONE of them would be considered classified...?)

Link

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Understanding all the above is true, what kind of people overlook what's written all over her emails, choose to continue to look at her as serious Presidential material....

what kind of person supports HC as POTUS?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Did you just counter a supposed bogus paragraph with a bogus paragraph?

Other than Clinton talking points do you have a source for such a spurious counterclaim?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Extreme scenarios don't really support your case.

Still FBI is saying they have NOT released any statement on this investigation.

DOJ not releasing any statements on investigation

And yet people keep thinking that an opinion , given by an official who has no more information than we do holds weight. It's only what they believe they would do or its what they want to see happen. It doesntt mean it's going to happen. .

You guys sure use a lot of rope trying to hang this woman when she hasn't been charged with any crime.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Wrong. None of the e mails were sent by her they were received by her. Most almost exclusively were issued a confidential low level after the investigation because the e mails were NOW being released and had to be changed. Nothing was classified when she got them.
Information provided by Fox may have made her look silly. But only to the foolish who were inclined to believe it.
It is a witch hunt.
Where's your source?
Where's the link. You can't just attach bogus paragraphs and claim they're legitimate.

Maybe you need to re-read the OP.

The Post’s latest revelations, however, are particularly damning. It found that three-quarters of the classified emails she sent were written by Clinton herself.

Three quarter's of the emails sent by "its office" were written by Clinton and the source, well, The Post. Btw, if it is a witch hunt, at least they picked a real-life witch LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

she hasn't been charged with any crime
...and she never will be.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Understanding all the above is true, what kind of people overlook what's written all over her emails, choose to continue to look at her as serious Presidential material....

what kind of person supports HC as POTUS?

I guess denial is not just a river in Egypt LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You guys sure use a lot of rope trying to hang this woman when she hasn't been charged with any crime.

Yet.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I think HC denial is a sickness, perhaps brought on by childhood vaccinations and toothpaste.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Nope.
Nothing in my paragraph is bogus.
Waiting for the OP to provide a source.
Yes I can supply sources to my statements. Lots and lots of sources.
Here is one and the Hill is a conservative publication.
thehill.com...

This one from a liberal site but had much information.
mediamatters.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

That and there are at least two emails re: Libya from Blumenthal that still haven't been turned over. If a low-level staffer had done this sort of thing, they'd already be behind bars. Probably federal country-club prison, but prison, nonetheless.

Like the special interests she represents, she's "too big to fail". One set of rules for the oligarchy, and another for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

It is a witch hunt.
Where's your source?

It is the Washington Post putting out the story.
I believe they are same newspaper that broke the Watergate Scandal.

By Rosalind S. Helderman and Tom Hamburger, The Washington Post Published: March 5, 2016, 4:33 PM Hillary Clinton wrote 104 emails that she sent using her private server while secretary of state that the government has since said contain classified information, according to a new Washington Post analysis of Clinton’s publicly released correspondence. The finding is the first accounting of the Democratic presidential front-runner’s personal role in placing information now considered sensitive into insecure email during her State Department tenure. Clinton’s authorship of dozens of emails now considered classified could complicate her efforts to argue that she never put government secrets at risk. Clinton sometimes initiated the conversations. More often, she was replying to aides or other officials with brief reactions to ongoing discussions.

The Columbian
So, not FOX.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I think that her expertise in denial is thanks to Billy. I'm not entirely joking either. For her to be married to a guy that routinely has "extracurricular activities"... as a defense mechanism she must have been able to deny the truth that is right in front of her. As a human being (which I'm assuming she is), denying things about e-mails or lying about Benghazi or anything else is probably child's play compared to denying (to herself) that her hubby is boning anything with a pulse.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Why ? Because I can search for more than "Hillary is a criminal and should receive a lethal injection." Or maybe I should search that bitch did it again.

I'm sure that those types of searches will be fair and unbiased.
I can find loads of information that shows the side show in DC right now is a conservative witch hunt.

My arsenal is full. Why she should be president. What good things the Clinton foundation had done. Her early history in civil rights. The fact that she has more experience than any of the others.

Bring it I'm ready..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join