It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mitt Romney is running for president 2016 and Paul Ryan is his running mate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's not shady when he flat out says what his intentions are. Is it shady if you say you have no plan to go for a jog, but if your friends ask you to you will?

Of course not. You have to WANT it to be shady to think it is.
edit on 7-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Personally speaking I find it shady because a mans decision on whether he runs for office should be based entirely and exclusively on two things, and two things alone. First, the will of the people, and not people with power, but THE people, who are the power. Second, his own personal want to do so, or not, which as a consideration, should always be secondary to the will of the people.

By this point, he should know that the people do not want him, otherwise he would have put himself up for this crapshoot at the start of the race, not hinted that he might end up in it despite his best efforts, somewhere toward the end of the thing. So to be clear, it is double Dutch, no matter which way you slice it. A candidate worth a damn is not told or asked to run by a draft, he makes his own choices and sticks to them regardless, where running or not is concerned.

The only correct answers, therefore, to the question "Mr Romney, are you running for president?", are either yes, or no. No, but I might if I am asked very nicely, is a passive aggressive piece of crap of a thing to say, and is entirely shady.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Your opinion as to why someone should or should not run does not make it shady. Your opinion has no weight on him. Him being 100% up front and honest that he is not running unless he is asked to do so, and if he is then he will do so if that is what people want.

It would require the DELEGATES, not the big R bosses to choose Romney.

(post by RustyNailer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The shady part is that he tells you he is not running currently, but might, which is the same thing as saying that he might as well be running. It's like he is wearing his sweat pants and jogging sneakers, but not currently pounding pavement and clocking up steps on his pedometer. He is clearly ready to go for a jog, he just has not left the house yet, because he has not been invited to.

You're right, it's shady and of course he's going to run. To think otherwise is, well, ignorant. He's already made a behind-the-scenes deal and it's only a matter of time. There won't be any surprises here.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So the only honest answer he could have given, if he is an indecisive streak of stuff, is "I am not sure." or "I don't know! Maybe, maybe not."

Again, his answer was given in politician speak, and cannot be trusted to mean what it reads as worth a damn. Real people do not communicate in such a manner.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

So what if he runs? We all get to NOT vote for him again.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Why would he say I am not sure when he is sure? He gave a decisive and definitive answer. NO. He is not running. IF he is drafted at the convention and the delegates choose him he will respect that choice and accept.

That requires a brokered convention. That requires the delegates (whom are low level people, not big R bosses) to choose him.

You have to want to find a problem with him to find a problem with what he said.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Yes, but he said that YESTERDAY.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

But he is not sure. A person is either going to run by some means, how so ever arrived at, or has no intention what so ever of running, no matter what happens.

So the answers are either "Yes", "No", or "Maybe". He actually gave a maybe, worded to sound like a no. Wishy washy at best, and deliberately misleading at worst. To fail to see the viper in this particular grassland, you have to have your eyes shut.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Let's not forget that this man was seen and photographed after losing in 2012 looking totally defeated (remember the pictures of a weathered, disheveled and beaten looking Romney a day or two after the election; even I felt badly for him and I personally don't like him). In my opinion, this man is a megalomaniac who wouldn't even consider the possibility of running again unless it was presented as being others' idea (after all, he's being asked to serve a higher calling and how can he possibly say no to "being drafted" by his comrades?). It's all being considered as his being a possible 11th hour savior for his party; if it doesn't work, it would be the others' fault and not his own (at least in his own mind) so why not take a chance again?

Right now, Donald Trump is the face of the Republican Party and the other candidates currently left on stage with him can't seem to hold up to the ridiculous rhetoric he's been successful at pulling them into while obfuscating the real issues (whether we like this reality or not). Those others are done. The party needs to try to erase Trump's face and replace it with another - even if certain people see the "new" face of Romney as old establishment, they still remember this face. There's no other choice. He still walks, talks and looks like a traditional Republican.

I think that too many people are starting to question Trump's ability. Unfortunately, the caucuses have begun and their outcomes, thus far, are scary. IMHO, Romney doesn't have what it will take to win the nomination, but the Republicans must try something.

edit on 3/7/2016 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Completely false characterization.

Q: Are you going to work out today?
A: I have no plans to work out today, but if my friends ask me to I would.

Nothing wishy washy, 100% direct.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What ? Tell me it aint so....Might as well dig up Gore and let him run again as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
If he really does throw his hat into the ring what makes him think he will do any better than he did 4 years ago?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
He had his chance...

Never trust a man whos hips are wider than his shoulders.

Ditto!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

He would not, nobody wanted him 4 years ago and nobody is going to want him now, he needs to go back under the rock he is been hiding under since last elections.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
If he really does throw his hat into the ring what makes him think he will do any better than he did 4 years ago?

Ah, but you see, that's the thing. Mitt and the GOPe don't care if he wins or not, as long as he prevents Trump (and, to a lesser extent, Cruz) from winning and possibly breaking up the liberal GOP establishment and the cheap labor express.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure how he could just "decide" to run for president. Don't you need to collect signatures to have your name on the ballot? Or are some people thinking that he will be chosen by the RNC at the convention? I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

The idea is that if no one has enough delegates going into the convention and no one wins the first ballot, the delegates are then free to vote for anyone. Then, the establishment could put forth a new candidate for the delegates to vote on, such as Jeb or Romney.

Personally, I don't think its going to happen. The GOPe would lose even worse if they try to pull something like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

We already told him no once.

This is the Republicans scared to death. The end of their time and they know it. They do not care what thwir base wants ao their base is moving out

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join