It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Good is Adele ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There have been many fantastic female vocalist down the years. The list is a very long one.

Then along came Adele. This woman can raise emotions within oneself that i have never experienced before from any other female vocalist.
Everyone will have their own opinions and favourite's of course. I think you know mine.

So where does Adele rank in the all time greats ?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
She's in line way behind Kate Bush and Joni Mitchell.

I don't know, probably somewhere close to Loretta Lynn?

She's not all that, she's just all the millennials can come up with in this heavily homogenized landscape of non-emotion.

edit on 26-2-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
I like Adele, but for some reason, she always reminds me of Sam Bailey, who I would put up against Adele any time...

(Do listen to the whole song before making a judgement)

edit on 2/26/2016 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
She's as good as Dion and Streisand.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's really hard to compare singers because there is so much personal taste involved. I tend to find Adele's voice more enjoyable to listen to while I find the aforementioned Joni Mitchell and Kate Bush excruciating. I'm not saying they aren't talented as they both have quite the following and catalog. They just don't fit in with my tastes.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Love that song, but will never be satisfied with it until it's performed with a full background choir.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

Love that song, but will never be satisfied with it until it's performed with a full background choir.

I can't offer a background choir but this one has a background orchestra

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I love her voice but her songs have stalker exGF vibe. She needs to step out of the same or similar themes into something different.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
She can obviously sing but I don't see any originality. She could compared to many artists.
I personally feel that artists such as: Kate Bush, Elizabeth Fraser and Lisa Gerrard are in a league above "Adele"

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
She can obviously sing but I don't see any originality. She could compared to many artists.
I personally feel that artists such as: Kate Bush, Elizabeth Fraser and Lisa Gerrard are in a league above "Adele"

I think the public make their mind up how good they think an artist is.

Adele has sold 100 million albums ( only 3 albums produced to date )

Kate Bush, although good at what she does has sold nowhere near that amount of albums ( i think she has produced 8 albums )

Also remember Adele's 100 million album sales are in the day of downloads( i don't know how many downloads she has )

In Kate Bush's day a download was something never heard off in the music industrial. The only way was to purchase the album.

edit on 26-2-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I agree with that. My wife says the same thing. The stalker aspect of it all would make it a really good metal song. I have proof.

Had I heard this version first, I wouldn't have tired of it so quickly.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Wow. No real talent there at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143
Go get vaccinated.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Er, she's good if you like the type of music. That is the key ('scuse the pun).

I know she has a good voice, but I am more of a folk type, so her music does not really appeal.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

She's very good , she has a powerful voice with great range and is a talented singer and songwriter.
As a bonus she also seems to be a real person and still grounded despite the success she's enjoying which in the music industry is a rare thing , ego tends to be born of success and from what I've seen of her that is not the case with Adele.

Long may she continue.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Shes a good singer and all but it just doesn't bring out any feels for me. Yeah she sold a lot of albums because she has good marketing, raw talent is nothing if you can't get your name out. In my opinion Adele doesn't hold a flame to the likes of Cara Dillon, Joan Osborne, Dinah Washington, i could name many others i prefer.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You mean besides being the spokesperson for the VATICAN and the dark forces there?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How good is Adele?

Just ask Liam Gallagher.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm not saying Adele isn't good. Her smoky voice has it's place in music of course.

I just think she's kinda all we've got right now, so there's not a lot of competition stopping her from pretty much ruling the music industry right now.

There's just not much else out there that isn't rappy or superpop.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well she's no Aretha Franklin or lolleta Holloway, but if you like your pop manufactured and middle of the road I expect she might impress. Give me a soul songstress any day she's not as good as Amy wine house either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join