It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W Bush on UFOs: people can't handle the truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
UFO's indeed exist until the "U" becomes an "I"

Sr. may be hinting that he knows about secret military programs under the "U" category.
edit on 2.25.2016 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

If had said That,he would've been talking hogwash.People have eyes.And sane people in general do not need folks of as questionable character as a Bush telling them what is real or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Be that as it may,I find it preposterous how these "elites" seem to think regular folks could not "handle the truth" For heavens' sake most regular people have lives filled with much hardship and troubles but they hack it just fine-while these pampered "elites" propably cannot make a cup of tea or run a bath for themselves! In a fair+square SHTF situation,without their underground bunkers+armies of bodyguards+servants thr "elites" wouldn't last One day-how arrogant and presumptious to assume they could handle anything better than Joe /Jill Average with some CIA training..or without.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

All in all, unless he pulls a death bed style confession like some others have, this guy who's nearing the end of his life apparently is ok with taking any knowledge he had to the grave, since he did say he knew some things..

Knowledge of what though?

Are you assuming or insinuating that its info on extra terrestrials or simply knowledge of UFO's?

Lets say he does have knowledge of what certain sightings are and it has to do with classified technology and nothing to do with aliens, lets say he has knowledge of older abduction cases that are classified to the highest order because the abductions were performed by clandestine groups doing experimentation on human subjects, both of the physical and psychological nature?

Would this ever be disclosed by the government?

Maybe the classified technology such as air craft that are easily confused for alien ships would be in time but the abduction and experiment on human subjects? I think not.

I think such experimentation would be performed to test the subjects and to also test the wider response to such claims, to see how society can be manipulated by actual claims made that share similarities in whats infiltrated many minds via media and science fiction.

If its the above then yes, Americans and any other human wouldn't be able to handle the truth and continue living in society the same way, governing bodies would cease to exist if they came out and said we done certain experiments that we also agreed with other nations are illegal.

How would any form of Government be able to form after such a disclosure, what person would be able to trust anyone in a position of governing?

Disclosure of what many UFO and abduction cases really are (if they are terrestrial and illegal activities) would harm the chaos we live in today but only create a worse chaos, a deep distrust of anyone looking to lead.

I guess it would be great for the anarchists among us but most are happy being able to post on ATS, and simply speculate who the bad guys are and who or what aliens are and if they here or not, in this instance I dont think the truth would set us free but create a prison much worse than many of us believe we are in now.

If the secrets are aliens and they are here to destroy us or they are here help us it would help unite humanity no matter if they here as friend or foe, but I feel whats to disclose is more to do with the horrors that we humans can create ourselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I hesitate to broad-brush anyone with a label like "Elites" and apply a stereotype to them as a group.

In this specific case, we have a 91 year old with an interesting resume who may or may not have said something that could be an old guy messing with someone... or could be something. Who knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

That's excellent thinking.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is the kind of answer ( Americans couldn't handle the truth about ufo's) that you would expect a former President of his stature, being the former head of the CIA would give. Of all of the past U.S. Presidents I think Bush possibly more so than any other President would have had access to alot of information about ufo's, and what to do with it. So in my mind this is a typical reply, when in truth I think the majority of Americans can handle the truth. Too many government employees, pilots and others have had to many experiences over the past century and longer with ufo's, and will continue to do so.

edit on 25am29am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)
I highly recommend this book if you want to read about Bush and other Presidents ufo exposures.
edit on 25am29am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

With everything compartmentalized, he probably does know some bits and pieces.

Daddy Bush probably created compartmentalization.

This guy goes back a long way and had his hands in everything.

It is my personal opinion that the world needs to be united under one government before we can even be considered by a Galactic Federation (if one exists.).

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
even if this article is legit it means nothing. if they aren't here the people wouldn't be able to handle it and they would go back to trying to prove they are. if they are here and we have irrefutable proof they will brand them demons or whatever.

its a non issue until proven otherwise. there is nothing conclusive on the subject. its all just unverifiable sources being peddled by questionable characters.

being someone that has been deep into studying the subject the best advice i can give is get it out of your mind. it has no meaningful impact on your life. unless of course you believe you are being visited/abducted. then the only thing you can do is explore it without fear and try to come to your own conclusions.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That's pretty much what I got out of it. Because of personal biases & desires, we can read his statements in completely different ways.

So the first thing I thought of was: what if "UFOs" were simply surveillance aircraft from "poor" Third World countries? Or some early form of a remote controlled craft? And others were simply American test aircraft? Many people wouldn't be able to accept that because they don't want to accept that as the truth.

Or what if the majority of UFOs were simply technology from some indigenous tribe? For example, what if these "UFOs" were modern versions of the crafts used by the Nazca people to view the Nazca lines? Many people have convinced themselves that indigenous tribes are backwards & primitive. So there's no way many of them would accept that the UFOs they've been seeing were just long ranged, fully enclosed, steampunk-styled hot air balloons (or something similar).

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

He is correct, people as a whole can't handle the truth (whatever that may be). People would riot, kill themselves, revolt against their governments. It would be chaos. That is why they are slowly moving the narrative of life in the universe from a joke to a reality.

I am ready for it, I know many people are. I just don't think the governments of the world are prepared to hand down any info yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
People like fairy tales with happy endings. TV and movies dish this up daily for people who can't handle reality. Reality is brutal, unpredictable, and unstable. People would be in denial and others depressed to know that we don't control anything. Try controlling what foods you eat for instance. It is difficult to control your kids, pets, relatives, neighbors, coworkers, gov, other countries, animals, etc... impossible. People would not like knowing how unintelligent and unable they are compared to an advance people who could come and go and do as they wished. All that freedom and knowledge we don't have. People say the monsters such as UFO, aliens, big foot, demons, etc... don't exist. This is how you get imaginary control and imaginary stability in a place called denial.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"Americans can not handle the truth on UFO's...."

... That there are really none at all, the myth of Extra-Terrestrials keeps Americans dreaming and innovating, dash the idea of a dream you are left with a dull soulless people willing to be herded like cattle. The spark of Imagination would be drained and all the colurs of life would be lost. It is because of this one thing that every other Government Conspiracy grew out of.

With the decline of the faiths the dreams of a better place have been dashed.

With the disparity of the rich to the poor the dreams of achievement have been drowned (even though there are more per ca pita people making over 100k then any time in history.

Take away the idea that we are not alone, and now you cast doubt on all the other ideas out there,

People begin to doubt man made global warming, replacing it with a model of it is Natural but we are helpless to adapt to it or change nature.

People begin to doubt in Powers that Be, and realize it is our own idiot ways of thinking that put people in charge of us who think they are better then us for Us choosing them to be a SERVANT of the public.

No the People can not handle the Truth, it Kills their Dreams.

CoBaZ

Something to chew on while enjoying a

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The truth that people can't handle is that UFOs or Aliens or Extraterrestrials are actually demons who are feasting on humanity. If this truth came out; Imagine the consequences.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

expand on that?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Not saying I have "insider knowledge" or anything, but I have - unfortunately - had experiences that left me very depressed and, in some cases, in the throes of an existential crisis trying to make rational sense of said occurances and the insight revealed by them. Not claiming fact, just subjective experiences that I wish I had never been privy to regarding IDE's and the UFO phenomenon.

I was happier without being "contacted"....regardless of the phenomenons origins or it's validity. I'm pretty open minded, and a fairly compassionate person, and some of what has revealed itself to me is a nightmare beyond my ability to describe comprehensively.

edit on 2/25/16 by GENERAL EYES because: edit for clarity, minor addition

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Assuming the quote is accurate, ol' Bush is right. While I'm sure most of us could take the info an insider has as good, educational information, a sizeable percentage of the world wouldn't accept it. It would cause mass hysteria, especially in highly religious parts of the world.

I agree with this.

People can't agree on religion, forms of government, living with people with different skin colors, hell, some still don't want gays to marry.

Alien disclosure would fry the collective mentality of billions.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I get it

I have never had contact, per se... but I have seen plenty of stuff in the sky whilst looking up.

I can't pretend to know what contact is like. I don't want to.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

"if the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts," by George H.W. Bush come from?

One time Bush told the truth

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join