It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no Author sourcing...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ummm...So now that ATS is partnering with Disinfo.com...Why aren't the articles/OP's/Member generated content from ATS when cut and pasted from ATS...over to Disinfo.com sourced to the thread and to the Author...

Why is the attribution/sourcing to the author not included in that copy/paste...?

ATS and Disinfo.com appear to be claiming that the content of an authors writing is only attributable to the website and not the author...

Perhaps we do in fact need to severely strengthen copyright infringements on the internet...

Allot of us have been sharing Original manuscript work here...this is very troubling to think that our work would be high jacked in this fashion with nary a mention to the Author as it's pasted over on another site...

YouSir
edit on 24-2-2016 by YouSir because: italcising is important...doncha kno...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Is that actually happening? I've read a few of the articles featured here on ATS, but I didn't notice any quotes per se. I've seen where some of the concepts discussed in related ATS threads are included, but nothing that I can see which can be sourced back to a specific ATS member.

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Ummm...if you look here on the ATS content page on Disinfo.com...you will find no attribution to the content creator/author/OP...only a vague "ATS content" link that takes you to the same page your viewing...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

There are indeed links back to the thread here on ATS, as is normal for attributing content on other websites.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ummm...I apologize...however I couldn't find any links back to the thread in the material over on your partner site...or any attribution to the author over there...The only link I found was to the ATS homepage at the bottom...and a link to the ATS page over there as well...Nothing linking to the original thread or to the Author...

Perhaps you could point these links out to me...I seem to be unable to find them over on that site...

The reason I broached this subject was because another member whose OP was shared yesterday with Disinfo...might now be leaving as a member here because of it...I became concerned...so I checked out how his OP was treated over there...but then I noticed there was no Author attribution and no link to his OP here on ATS...I also checked the other stories over there from ATS members and couldn't find any links back...hence the thread...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I clicked on a few of the article link images. The article at the top, and the one at the bottom have links back to the original thread on ATS. It's all the way at the bottom.

However, a quick sampling of some of the other articles don't have that link back to the thread at the bottom. Maybe it's an oversight. Or perhaps the link is somewhere else on the page.

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ummm...when I click on them it just takes me to the Homepage here and to the ATS page over there...The link back at the bottom only takes me to the homepage here...I've tried refreshing my browser and rebooting my system thinking it might be on my end...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Allot of us have been sharing Original manuscript work here...this is very troubling to think that our work would be high jacked in this fashion with nary a mention to the Author as it's pasted over on another site...

They (TAN) own anything posted here, and can sell it to aliens if they want - T&C #17.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Let's see if we're doing the same thing.

When I go to the Disinfo.com's ATS author page, I click on the image of the young lady holding the sign that says "Jobs, Education."

I scroll to the bottom of the article. Just before the comments section, I click to go to page 2 of the article.

I scroll down to the bottom of that section. At that point, I find this:

You can follow the dicussion at AboveTopSecret.com

That takes me back to the ATS page for LesMisanthrope's thread THE MYTH of the BENEVOLENT LEFT

Does that work for you?

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Ummm...ATS doesn't "own" any writing and author copyright produced by any of it's members...An author merely surrenders "exclusivity" in any copyright...I.E...ATS can disseminate your work in any fashion they see fit...however...so can the Author...who still retains copyright to their "work"

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all EXCLUSIVE copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

(bold added)

YouSir
edit on 24-2-2016 by YouSir because: I needed to elaborate...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Ummm...thank you Dex...those were not there when I started this thread...good to see them there now...

It must have been some glitch either on my end or not...

I appreciate all the help...

Thank you

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ummm...They're showing up on my screen now...thank you for your help...

You can close the thread now...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Glad I could help!

However, for what it's worth, the ATS link is not there for all of those articles. Only the first and last ones in the list appear to have them.

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ummm...thank you again Dex...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hmm, that seems to be the case as well for my book at disinfo:
disinfo.com...

I can find no links at all back to the original thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe I overlooked it, but my first thought is that even if it is there somewhere, the source link shouldn't be that hard to find. Also, the title is wrong. But I appreciate you putting it on disinfo.com.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

We've been dealing with some odd anomalies that past few days. I've updated the post and going through the other's to make sure their accurately attributed...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I briefly looked at your story. When I scroll all the way to the end, I find the standard link back to your thread. It looks like this:

Follow the discussion at AboveTopSecret.com

Perhaps they need to change the formatting so that it stands out a little better.

-dex

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Ummm...thank you...I knew I wasn't hallucinating.........this time...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So we may have lost Les over this:

I was not aware this would be thrown on another website.

Granted, it is ATS's content, and they can do what they want with it, but they'll get no more out of me.

I officially quit. And I doth my hat to my fellows.

I have to say that, although I've never been a prolific thread-writer to begin with, I share his sentiment, and now have serious reservations about starting new threads here.

If it gains any traction at all, it will be featured on a site that seems to be nothing but a NeoProg mouthpiece.

Why should I support that?

top topics

join