It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Camera Filming Something Inexplicable In Turkey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Until it started to fly away, my first thought was Land Shark from Saturday Night Live.

ha ha star for the chuckle

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Look's a little like a plastic bag caught in a wind eddy to me, or perhaps a slowly deflating baloon or similar.

It does not seem to have any purpose, if it had just stayed on the ground I would have been really perplexed and the first thought was that it reminded of a Penguin but then the way it just lifted was like a plastic bag in a slight wind vortex so that is my best guess and that is all it is a guess.

edit on 21-2-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I just keep thinking that if it's a CG, what kind of disturbed mind comes up with the "thing" being shown? I mean, of all the things a creative person can come up with, why this? Do you all get the same really creepy vibe as I do?

I get the EXACT same vibe from the walking-sticks video, though. Just a really creepy vibe.

Interesting, though.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It almost looks like some kind of weird tesseract-like projection. Like how I imagine it would look if something from a reality very close to ours, but of more than 3 dimensions were to be projected down through ours, and we can only see the parts that can be represented in 3 dimensions.

I swear, that made sense in my brain before I tried to type it...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Makes sense to me. Like Star Trek: TNG "Justice" episode is pretty close to what you're saying.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Haha oh wow..and all the serial killers in the u.s., they of course don't have "twisted minds"..

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that I will never ever be able to catch something strange like this on video. I can actually hold a camera still.

It's a shame, I'd love to be able to film proof of something paranormal or alien.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Something dangling from a drone and being walked across the street.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I watched the whole thing.
If I had to give a debunk idea, it would be a mostly deflated mylar balloon... but I don't think that works. If it was a mylar balloon, it would have spun at some point, presenting a much wider image for the camera.
Maybe a plastic bag with some helium in it. It goes airborne after it gets near the building, which makes sense, as up drafts occur close to buildings in the presence of very little wind.

I'm going to go with the idea of a deflated mylar balloon that would explain the way it raise up into the air and then came back down. And the way it seem to float off the ground. Still very weird tho.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: smurfy

The drone with light weight material was also the top of my "possibilities" list. The material could be weighted with a couple of coins to prevent billowing. I am fairly certain though that there is no clear evidence of a line in the actual video, which is why I asked.

Well it looked like that to me, but you may have an advantage as I am using an older computer monitor screen at the moment, since my led monitor packed up a few days ago.
Going with the drone scenario, it seems the Turks are well up on the use of the tech. Look at this guy getting his ciggies whatever,

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm going with hoax.

It is fun though! S&F.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'd say its a walking drone.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Look's a little like a plastic bag caught in a wind eddy to me, or perhaps a slowly deflating baloon or similar.
I don't see anything to rule this out so it seems the most likely to me. Helium balloons can last maybe a week if they're sealed well but eventually they end up pretty much like this, not completely deflated but still with a modest amount of helium that makes it easy for a wind gust to pick it up.

I've seen balloons do this before, I assumed everybody had but based on some of the comments in this thread, maybe not? That doesn't guarantee it's a balloon, but it's a plausible explanation.

edit on 2016221 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp
The first thing I thought about was the Walking Sticks video

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Nothing like a handheld security camera-bet that guy gets tired.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

agreed--- it is not a CGI... more like a balloon draped with enough fabric to keep the 'target' close to the ground

a designed 3 foot effigy, probably made from a Chinese-Lantern Balloon device with enough ballast to keep it from lofting way above camera range (of the fixed security cameras
-> this was a staged incident or performance...

one can see right off the figure I not nearly a 5' person --- but what is strange and needs investigated is just 'how' the 20-30 feet of apparent 'walking' was mastered by a floating device in an actual physical world setting...

the floating around the street corner is pretty much explained with air currents between the tall buildings

think-about-it... the target... we are conditioned to think is a person... but ASK why was the target which got raised-into-the-air not flailing their arms all over-the-place ? were they not scared or at least very surprised at being taken aloft up & down a street intersection ???

hoax/staged illusion is my decision

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think I've debunked this, all CGI.

The website in the bottom corner of the video iha.com.tr, is not on the actual TV screen they're filming but from the footage of the camera they are using. Right away at 0:04 seconds you can see the red box go off frame of the TV set because it's edited onto the clip they are using from their camera.

I visited the IHA website and looked through all their videos, and also videos all the way back to August 2016 on their Facebook page, and did not find the original. Also no paranormal/TMZ/tabloid type footage.

IHA news clips of security camera footage, is actual security camera footage like news from all over the world, not poorly videotaped off a tv screen. It's totally fake.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So weird.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In the first five seconds of video theres a white dot bottom right that 'disappears'.

Actually the first one or two seconds I think... yeah, it's in the lower front center area and looks like it speeds off to the right.

So, a confluence of mundane things, like a suspended cat who walks like a little human on their front paws, is self luminous, loses 3d aspects and seems to sink into the road after they've touched down along with a little laser pointer or stationary bug that flits off stage right...

OR something actually weird as heck happening on the streets at 2:00 a.m.?

I know where I'd place my money if between those two bets... but in actuality, the possibilities are almost endless.... unless someone solidified a good/the "answer" and I haven't read that far yet?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Read game over man's reply two up from yours…

I concur, hoaxed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join