It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Feminism.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Dude, she is smokin'. I would so let her fix me a sammie.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, Internet Feministas hate her.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've had online run-ins with rad-fem. (I'm male)

Somehow, for me, boils down to this...

I, like women or people of alt-sexuality did not necessarily choose their sex. Arguments that rad-fems mount revolve around the concept that I should usurp my hormone quota to act differently...My question to them is - Do you believe in reprogramming alt-sex because of thier chemical make-up?

Interestingly dodged question...

...and often, a pen is...just a pen (not a phallic representation of the oppression of women).

Å99
edit on 20-2-2016 by akushla99 because: Be funny

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've always been a bit anti-feminist just due to my own past and experiences growing up with a feminist mother.
But I got sort of involved in speaking out against them, and in defending mens rights, which seem to be important at this time, where the laws and the media are just going too far into gynocentrism.

But you know, then I had to face men in the MRA who hate women, and recently more criticism for women on their side as being "female white knights", so I am just turning my back on the while godarned issue. I am not in the US anyway.

I don't want to be identified with this ridiculous current wave of feminism, but unfortunately, it looks like there is no way to get out of it.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune
You're afraid of identifying yourself as a feminist in public? Then maybe you should start running in less ignorant circles. But I don't know you're friends, benefit of the doubt they're thoughtful and open minded people~! (I'm not being sarcastic so don't take it that way please.)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One of the better videos I've seen done on this issue...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

right?? for me its a hygiene issue. not a equality issue. human rights issue. Im not being oppressed by tampons.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Congratulations for being rational, wise and balanced, something that most feminists these days can't achieve because they are too angry about themselves to see the flaws in the system...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I was also brought up very traditional. Very Christian. I was essentially raised to be a housewife in the 40s. My mother still votes for whoever my father tells her (which i dont agree with).

So I think some of my views do come from my upbringing. But also they come from pure logic and common sense.
I am for the most part liberal on most Issues. But a couple of my views around Family and Children would probably be considered conservative. I do think that when I have children I will bring them up myself. Be a stay at home mother. And I think that all children should be raised that way. With one of the parents at home. There is statistical evidence that this is better for children. Less learning disabilities and behavioral disorders occur in children raised this way.
But from suggesting this I've been attacked as if Im suggesting women shouldn't work and all kinds of nonsense.

And the whole Extreme Feminist movement reminds me a lot of the Extreme Left movement. I use to think that only extreme ignorant idiots occurred on the right side but now id seems there is a new breed of liberal who is just as ridiculous and misguided.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

I feel like often people who are very passionate about an issue and take it to the extremes, do not realise that the message gets lost and people stop listening and just think you are an idiot.
This happens on all kinds of issues. Whether its Sex or race or any issue really.

If you get too angry... your message gets lost and you are just some alcoholic dude yelling on the side of the highway.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

absolutely, history is full of examples, Im still glad someone can come to ATS and expose their view in such a way like you did, open and uncompromised. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Every oppressed group one day create extremist of all kind, in 2015 4 million american women where abused by there partner, be physically or verbally, until men and women are truly equals in every aspect there will always be crazies shouting real loud.

edit on 20-2-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are a lot of ways that I think extreme feminists go too far. I was harassed by them when I went to a liberal arts college because I was clingy and socially awkward, and they found it offensive.

Meanwhile, I do agree with a lot of more moderate feminist ideas. For example, I would like to see less gender roles and more of people just doing what they want to. Luckily, we have moved fairly far on that front. But there are still some things that could be worked on, for example, girls asking out guys, girls getting more involved in gaming and male activities, even men getting more involved in sewing and female activities.

The knee-jerk reaction that this would be silly is indoctrination.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No, I get it.

My own mom was forced out of the house to work. She never really wanted to, but financial necessity dictated it. Her own mother was a housewife/farmwife and my mom liked what it provided for she and my aunt growing up. So that was what she really wanted for my sister and I. Mom and dad comprised so that one of them would always be home for through our grade school years. She worked nights and he worked days. It was hard on them, but they did it.

Not many couples make that compromise.

I wanted it to, but it's not working out that way. I'd like a full-time job, but it's not happening. However, the part-time hours have let me stay home for slightly more than half or our son's baby and toddler years. He's only spent about a year in full-time daycare. Now, he's in school, so it loosens my day a bit.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvyNeptune
I mean I would call myself a humanist instead of a feminist. But that also sounds ridiculous

The word "humanist" may sound ridiculous, but in practice, it's Feminism that is really more ridiculous. And if we're going to be bluntly honest sexist.

I've been on this board long enough now that for most, it should be patently obvious that I hold Feminism low regard, with little dignity to show for itself. The aim is no longer the same as it was for trailblazers of First Wave. It's not even comparable to Second Wave. It's a caricature of Feminism at best, and outright sanctioned Misandry if you look at it for what it is. Modern Feminism is Female-Approved Sexism on a Pedestal.

If I have to label myself anything 'Ist", it's Humanist. Neither males nor females, nor the intersexed, are any better or any worse than the other. ALL deserve equal treatment, and until Modern Feminists realize this and begin to exude it, they're what's wrong with Gender Rights. I won't tolerate the bullying of one gender for the "benefit" of another.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would also like to toss out there to consider that Feminism encourages psychological female-centered dependency rather than Independence. It's JMO, but from my point of view, relying on "womens groups" rather than general support for all to accomplish societal & legal change, it is still girls stuck in a corner of all girls.

Always strikes me as a little disingenuous. Be independent & strong! But other women are ok to depend on for doing things for you. WTF?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I came to this thread expecting complete bull# and a warped view of feminism. Got the exact opposite! I agree with everything you said. People need to realize what the true meaning of feminism and not label themselves feminists if they don't fall under that mindset.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I''ve always thought of myself as a feminist too, through simply wanting equality. Equal pay for equal work, not being penalized for pregnancy in the workplace and such. But things have been taken to a ridiculous level in some areas, so no, I don't want to be included in all the absurdity of where these 'radical feminists" are going, and I don't want to gain equality through diminishing men.

Both genders are beaten up enough as it is.

That's not what it's about to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kfrances

Haha i didnt want to give too much away in my title.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I love women and female energy, but I can't stomach the 'Feminazis' you are describing either. It is hard to support people that are so extreme whatever their views may be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join