It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Feminism.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune

I don't see you any differently if you label yourself a Feminist or not.

Now, if you were one of the "idiots" that is going around planning to exterminate the male race (and actually believed that was a good thing), or saying that people like me (who don't harm anyone in general) deserve less just because I'm male...well, let's just say I wouldn't want to associate with you.

So, from a guy: Call yourself a feminist! And if you have to, explain your views - at least by explaining you're reducing the misconception that all Feminists are of the same mindset; you have every right to be equal to the rest of us, and fight for it ("you" being used in general, not you personally).

-foss

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I understand that you dont personally but ill admit sometimes im even guilty of it.
Sometimes now days if someone tells me they are a Feminist, I panic on the inside a little.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, Internet Feministas hate her.

I finally watched this and shes amazing.
Buzzfeed is internet cancer at its finest. Ive seen a many number of bull# articles on there that was so biased I thought I was watching Fox news.
"Questions Black People Want To Ask White People"
"Question one: why do you always want to touch my hair"

-_-

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You don't need to be a feminist to be a strong woman.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Wow...

This video, and the young lady answering the questions... She gets it.

Personally, I find generalisation, such as that exhibited on a near professional level by the question video to which the young lady so comprehensively responds, aggravates me. The reason for that is simple. When one generalises about an entire demographic, one is bound to be wrong on as many, or near to as many times as one is right. Surveys also fail to provide accurate representations of the way a group of people would respond to an idea, concept, or social convention, because surveys are never able to cover one hundred percent of a population, and only by pinning each person down and stuffing them full of some kind of truth serum, would any answers worth a damn be recorded.

The questions as asked by the feminists in the video, largely speaking, made me angry as hell. I refer, in particular, to those questions which had to do with rape, men not knowing the difference between yes and no, and questions surrounding the issue of "nice guy syndrome".

Let's break it down. First, on the subject of rape, let me make something clear. I am a man. I would break the knees, pelvis, and spine of any man I caught raping a woman, or for that matter any other creature with sense organs. Why? Because I have a moral compass that accepts not one little bit of oppressive, tyrannical or egotistical behaviour. On the subject of men not knowing the difference between yes and no, I have to once again protest. Sick, deranged, not to mention linguistically challenged males may have trouble with identifying the difference between these words, but the percentage of men out there who fall into those categories is damned low. So, a question in response to the question: Why is the hardline feminist world view so utterly incapable of accepting granularity and accuracy as being important elements of opinion forming?

And nice guy syndrome? Let me tell the membership something about nice guy syndrome... Nice guys, genuinely nice guys, have difficulty finding appropriate lady partners, not because they lack personality, or because they believe that just being a nice guy is enough to win them the affections of a woman, but because no matter how awesome that nice guy might be, nice guys, if they are genuinely nice, are invisible to the sort of man hating she witch that would have asked the question in the first place. You know why? Because nice guys are busy doing what they ought to be doing, that being the appropriate thing. They will not be showboating their skills, or performing any backwoods pea cocking ritual, like getting into arm wrestling competitions with bigger guys to impress you, or drinking everyone at the bar under the table, or squaring up to the bouncers because they have allowed their testosterone level to grow past their ability to control. Nice guys will be quietly going about their business, and trying to make sure that if there is trouble, someone else is the one in it, that if the woman he is with is uncomfortable, she is made comfortable, offering a jacket when it is cold, holding doors open and facilitating a smooth, uncomplicated, and pleasant evening is had by all.

It might not be very impressive from the standpoint of some clueless harpy that wants a knuckle dragger in her bed, but assuming the nice guy is out with an actual lady, who values things correctly and understands that the nice guy she says she wants, will not be the one throwing other bar patrons through the window, or hitting on every girl in the bar to make her jealous, then everything should work out fine...ok?

Good GOD!

Look, I like a woman to be strong. There is nothing hotter to me, than a girl that can handle a blade as well as, or better than I can. I would LOVE to meet a woman that I could survive a revolution with, fighting back to back without any worry that my six is not as well protected as it could be. But if that necessarily comes with a whole heap of utterly unrealistic BS about my gender, then it can take a dive, because the main issue with these questions is that they are not questions for, or about men.

They are questions for the small percentage of men, who give their fellow phallus carriages a bad name, and frankly, I am getting a little sick of being mixed up for one of those fellows. Yes, I am manly, no I do not have a problem with women, and I would seek to defend a woman in distress, not because I would expect a screw out of it, but because I am a MAN, and men, as opposed to boys and reprobates, refuse to allow anyone to threaten or harm others, without being countered and aggressively chastised, preferably all the way to the mortuary.

My best friend is a lady. I am a man. Because I am a man, I have never had a repressed desire to have intercourse with my best friend. A sad, pathetic streak of something that might have been better off drying up in the tip of a condom on the other hand, might have a problem with friendship like that.

Can we understand the difference?

Ivy Neptune, I know that you do not support the mindset from which these questions come, and that probably means that you are a feminist for the right reasons. Feminism has a job of work to do in many nations on the globe, and probably still has a part to play in places where most of its healthy and entirely sensible aims, have already been achieved to a degree as well.

However, the people who were asking the questions in the video you linked to, have seriously lost their grip on reality, if they think that the entire male population, or even a significant minority of them, still feel like it's funny to make fun of periods and those who are suffering from them, or think that it's cool to be open to forcing themselves on a woman, or any of the utterly skewed, unsupportable assumptions they made about menfolk during that video.

I find it very depressing, by which I mean I can literally feel the energy draining out of my body, as the neurochemical situation I am in, changes from positive to negative. I hope that this, so called "third way feminist" thing is not going to become bigger in terms of its following, because without wishing to bleat, it is hard enough to be a real man in a world like this, in a time like this, without having to be confronted with how even being the gender I am is apparently wrong. It's the only thing I do reliably well, other than my job, and if I cannot be a little proud of even that small thing, that does not leave me with much to be satisfied with.

edit on 21-2-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I used to panic internally - in fact a few of my ex girlfriends labeled themselves as feminist; and that was the point I learned not to judge based on the label they used. What I found so interesting was that they didn't mind using the label in public, because they wanted to make it aware that they were fighting for equality, not domination.

I know there's some crazy ones out there, but if the majority are like you, then I just don't have an issue with it. I judge by actions, not the label a person carries.

-foss

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So you don't like women who bleed their vags all over the place? Good. Me too.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

best response.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

In researching this tampon issue, it appears there are worldwide protests regarding removing the taxing of this and other sanitary menstral items. For instance incontinence products are not taxed but menstral products are. So, I am not sure why you are focussing on one extreme feminist's comment and ignoring the main driving force behind this protest. Women's health issues and basic necessities (which should not be taxed) are still left in the dust.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Equality for women has already been achieved in western civilization. I would wager that the feminist movement will continually get worse and worse, because there is nothing left for women in first world countries to fight for. So you get myopic arguments for why air-conditioning is sexist, or how "manspreading" is misogynist, or people try to redefine rape so that they can use the extreme emotional reaction associated with rape for non-extreme behaviors (like farting, seriously someone suggested that "fart rape" is a thing). They even go as far as to claim that all heterosexual sex is rape.

There are cultures around the world that promote legit patriarchal societies, and who have legit rape cultures, but those places are overlooked by third-wave feminism.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

Equality has not been achieved yet, just research the wage gap issue is enough to refute your stance.
edit on 22-2-2016 by InTheLight because: "Women, like men, only cheaper."

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Equality has not been achieved yet, just research the wage gap issue is enough to refute your stance.

The wage gap is a myth.

Corporations are greedy, if they could save money by only hiring women, why would they ever hire men?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

The wage gap is a myth.

Corporations are greedy, if they could save money by only hiring women, why would they ever hire men?

It is not a myth, do your research.

www.aauw.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

It is a myth, do your research.

Time Article: 5 Feminist Myths That Will Not Die

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

It is a myth, do your research.

Time Article: 5 Feminist Myths That Will Not Die

I see your research and raze it.

www.aauw.org...
edit on 22-2-2016 by InTheLight because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Your article references the same raw-wage data that doesn't control for hours, experience, tenure, job type, etc.

Not only does it reference using the US Census Bureau's raw-wage data, but all of the links in that article simply redirect to other articles on the website, taking the user in one big circle.

Your "wage gap" has been debunked.
edit on 22-2-2016 by CharlestonChew because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2016 by CharlestonChew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It is odd, for this being a myth there has been action taken by Obama to raise female government workers salaries after an investigation, detailed analytical reports are numerous, and the news is ripe with this allegedly non-existent issue.

Do your research.

reports.weforum.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It is odd, for this being a myth there has been action taken by Obama to raise female government workers salaries after an investigation, detailed analytical reports are numerous, and the news is ripe with this allegedly non-existent issue.

It couldn't possibly be that politics are a sham and our slave-masters have to appeal to stupid people, could it?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

In researching this tampon issue, it appears there are worldwide protests regarding removing the taxing of this and other sanitary menstral items. For instance incontinence products are not taxed but menstral products are. So, I am not sure why you are focussing on one extreme feminist's comment and ignoring the main driving force behind this protest. Women's health issues and basic necessities (which should not be taxed) are still left in the dust.

www.bbc.com...

I understand Ivy where your frustration arises, but you are letting one bad apple spoil the barrel and this only serves to skirt the serious issues women and men strive to correct. These types of threads also open the door wide for haters and ill serve women and men who believe in their struggle to better society. If you notice all forms of feminist goals are now up for bashing here and your original subject is thrown by the wayside.
edit on 22-2-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I deal in facts not speculation as you seem to do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join