It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma gun store declares 'Muslim-free zone'!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

If they meet the purchase agreements, pass background checks and their money is green....they should be good to go.

On the flip side...an indivual store and/or owner has the right to refuse or limit service, setting his own sales policies for service.

Grey area here...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now
Much better be killed or maimed in the first attack....your logic....is off.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I think anyone should be served wherever but I also wanted to say that I do see a difference between banning gay people and banning muslims.

First of all, gay people did not choose to be gay and secondly there are afaik no gay terrorist groups who could misuse guns for other purposes.
Islam is chosen and I hate to say it but there is always a chance that the next gun COULD be used for 'bringing islam' to a non islamic country. It's not that it has never happened before.

We are at war with ISIS, but not with people who want to love someone of the same gender, so I don't think they should be in the same pot. Just saying.

ETA: Everyone would be happy as Larry if far right people would be banned anywhere. Yet they are also people and not all of them are violent. Only muslims as a group are sacrosanct and regardless of how many go around killing and no matter how impossible it is to tell a good muslim apart from a bad one, you MUST love them all....because muslims...tch

This is ridiculous. Jeffrey Dahmer was gay, wasn't he? People weren't able to tell the difference between him and a non-cannibalistic murdering psychopath gay guy. I don't, therefore, fear all gay people because some gay people kill you and eat your triceps for lunch. Further, there's not much difference between being "born gay" and being "born into being Muslim." No, it isn't a DNA/Brain Chemistry thing, but if it's your ENTIRE ENVIRONMENT throughout the entirety of your developing years, the influence is every bit as strong.

What a silly, fearful, paranoid, awful world you must live in.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

I would like the right to carry a sword where ever I go, because I know, having seen it for myself, that criminals will do whatever they like, legal or otherwise, and so have a distinct advantage in the real world, removed from the finer ideas of so called civilised society, and the rule of law, for which they give not a fig.

Since our police agencies are close to being entirely defunct in terms of their ability to be present in enough places, and at enough times to actually prevent a crime occurring, it is, in my estimation, better that private citizens have the absolute right to carry such as is necessary to protect them from the realities of criminal enterprise. Simply put, the law does not apply to those who break it, in that it does not prevent them laying their hands on guns, wandering about armed, and taking with them the advantages that those things give them, in their ability to intimidate and kill those who stand between them and their goals in life.

The law is all very well, but does not allow for a persons defence, when it comes into contact with reality. That must change.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Doesn't he have the right to refuse business to anyone at anytime?

Awad called the equating of Muslims with terrorists “beyond ignorant.” He said that there are individuals in many faiths who commit terrorist acts.

LOL despite the fact that there ARE Muslim groups that clearly state their goal is to create terror and destroy America. I know any group can be terrorists but I can't find to much on any other religious affiliated terror organizations. If he thinks that the Muslims around him are shady then that's his prerogative to do what he thinks best for himself and business, whether I agree or not it is in my opinion he should be allowed to refuse people if he wants to he is not a hospital or public works employee.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I rather figured it might help if you find your own sources, that way you didn't sit around and say my sources were wrong, and if you came up with a different number, I could simply point out all the attacks individually.

this way you learn something for yourself. Its more helpful than being fed information.

edit on 17-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
On the flip side...an indivual store and/or owner has the right to refuse or limit service, setting his own sales policies for service.

Not according to the LAW.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: Brotherman
No. See above.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

He does not have the right to blanket ban entire demographics. No one has. There is a difference between discernment and discrimination.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
I rather figured it might help if you find your own sources,

YOU made a claim and someone questioned it. It is up to you to provide the sources that led you to your conclusion. Else, your claims are simply not credible.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Fair enough, but if u dont go into the shop and claim your a Muslim how is he to know any better other then assuming based on what they think based on ethnicity at that point it is illegal. Then again if this is his shop and his view then why would Muslims want to go there anyways? I guess he if opened as a club he can accept or reject membership to anyone and there wouldn't be a problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I've seen how it works around here. Give your various sources and the game becomes deny the source instead of trying to learn something you didn't know.

Therefore, I will put it in the hands of those who want to learn, instead of those who don't.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well, I think it is pretty obvious that this ban would probably be easiest to apply to those who are easily identifiable as being Muslim, those who go about in traditional garb (although that style is a modern reinvention, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar, or misinformed), those who arrive with a wife who has a covered head, and those who appear of middle eastern descent.

And once again, banning entire demographics from a store, or attempting to, is not legal, just, or helpful. It is bigoted, foolish, unreasonable, and immoral though.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I so wish someone would make a "Christian free Zone" just so these people's hypocrisy can be shown for what it is. The same people who support this man would turn on a dime if it was their particular faith being singled out.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I agree that's why he should make it a private club and he wouldn't have a problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I so wish someone would make a "Christian free Zone" just so these people's hypocrisy can be shown for what it is. The same people who support this man would turn on a dime if it was their particular faith being singled out.

Its called the middle east.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

He would have a problem.

It just would not be a legal one.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Where are these zones in the Middle East? Care to point out a specific example?

Even if that is true, two wrongs don't make a right. Is being hypocritical a good way to fight hypocrisy?
edit on 2/17/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Your credibility here is entirely up to you. Knowing that you're not willing to back up your claims makes me (and others, I'm sure) doubt them.

On topic, at this same gun store, a man accidentally shot himself yesterday. Source

Maybe they should refuse service to people who don't know how to handle firearms...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
Well, as Islam is the religion of peace,

Is it the religion of peace? Why, because it says so? Is any religion fundlementally peaceful? you may be able to make a case for Buddhism or jainism. The logical conclusions of religions and the people who take their texts seriously is fundlementalism when your soul and infinite future is on the line and you truly believe that,you are a threat to humanity. The only peaceful religious people are the blasphemers and apostates.

As for the OP the guy is a bigot, but I do not believe he should be forced by the government to do anything and that holds true in all cases such as this, that's my personal viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where are these zones in the Middle East? Care to point out a specific example?

Even if that is true, two wrongs don't make a right. Is being hypocritical a good way to fight hypocrisy?

I spent almost 3 years of my life in the ME, while more modern cities accept and tolerate Christianity there are many more rural places that do not tolerate it, not to mention we have Isis death squads running around lopping off heads and sticking rockets up the asses of Christian businesses we also have old religion factions more tribal still shunning those that are not Islamic because they truly believe they jus convert everyone. In some places one of the factoring ideals to tolerate Christians and Buddhists is for business reasons alone, Saudi Arabia cones to mind, and lets not forget the long standing hatred in many of these places for the Jews. I dont think I have to point out the Middle east on a map for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join