It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma gun store declares 'Muslim-free zone'!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Either way, its his right to be a bigot, I may not like the idea but its still his right. Whether what he is doing is illegal or not is up to the court, not our humble opinions.

It is his right to be a bigot. Absolutely.

What he's doing is illegal, however. That's not a matter of opinion. The law (state and federal) says he cannot refuse service because of someone's religion. It's pretty clear.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Frankly, I'm just glad I don't live in Oklahoma anymore. I hated that state when I lived at Ft. Sill. I hate that state because of its lawsuit against Colorado for legal marijuana. And I continue to hate that state because of # like this. I wouldn't be surprised if you are right and OK rules that gun shops aren't public accommodations. It's something the boneheads in that state would do.

Nobody, past or present, proudly says, "I love Lawton, Oklahoma!"

I have a buddy in the Army who had dreams of being stationed in Germany, and he ended up with Fort Hood and Fort Sill. Talk about the short straw!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I did Basic Training, AIT, and my duty station was in Ft. Sill for all three years. Except for the time I went to Iraq. Then I came back to Ft. Sill until I ets'd... At least your buddy got to see another duty station... I heard that Ft Hood is a pretty cool single soldier base too.

I had to give you a star for this line though:
"Nobody, past or present, proudly says, "I love Lawton, Oklahoma!" "

Agreed!
edit on 17-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

First Florida. Now Oklahoma. Well if a company can refuse gay folks from purchasing a wedding cake, is it all that bad to refuse service to a few muslims? I mean, come on, what's wrong with a few middle eastern Bros tossing some lead down range?

Is this business man and medically discharged veteran allowed to just tell Muslims to kiss off if they want to train at his gun range? Should he be sued and forced to allow ME Muslim folk to toss some 223's down range? Is he being racist?

I have a personal opinion on this, but due to PC.... naw screw it... I'm in agreement w/this man. Given the recent events. I would probably do the same thing.....

Come one, come all. Let's hear it ATS!!!! The discrimination flood gates are now officially open!

OKLAHOMA CITY — A gun store and shooting range in Oktaha, a small Oklahoma town near Muskogee, has joined a growing list of U.S. businesses that advertise themselves as “Muslim-free.”

“I didn’t want any terrorists, or Muslims, cult, whatever you want to call them, training on my gun range,” Neal said. “There is a military recruiting station in the mall in Muskogee, and I thought this was one thing I could do to help protect our local soldiers.”

NO MUSLIMS ALLOWED

How does he identify a muslim? are you guys forcing muslims to wear a half moon on their clothes or does it say muslim on their ID cards? just curious.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I doubt they will charge him with a crime. The authorities will more then likely treat him like they did Crockett Keller from Texas who did the same exact thing. They put the department of public safety on him and investigated everything with a fine tooth comb until he rescinded his position. Honestly if the community was so outraged they would refuse his business and go elsewhere and financially drive it away. If he is open for business and it is booming what would that say about the community?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: DAVID64

Perhaps a "Muslim" citizenship card should be in order? Similar to a C.D.I.B. card???

IDK.

Thanks for posting

Why not just go all the way and have them sew a halfmoon on their jackets, or maybe you should just do like the commies and build a big wall....oh wait.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

The gun numbers represent, as a large percentage, gang on gang crime and suicides.

Regardless what the law states, criminals will continue to commit crime. Hence why gun laws don't work, they don't stop criminals.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

You mean Dearborne, MI.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
What's the relevance of Dearborne, MI?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Have you been there lately? Far be it from me to be a smartass (snort), but go and look at what that city has become.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've never been there before, I have a friend that had family in Detroit though and they moved to PA because they said everything there is insane. I wasn't sure what you meant before so figured id ask.

edit on 17-2-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It was my response to someone talking about an area where Christians are not allowed.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Oh ok Roger that!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Off topic, but there is a difference between wanting to kill and wanting to defend yourself. I don't want to kill anyone, and death saddens me, but if a situation every comes up where my life is in immediate danger, or someone close to me, and I have an opportunity to kill or be killed, I'm taking that shot. Gun owners tend to prefer NOT to have to use their weapons for defense, and it's always wise to be a good shot instead of a bad shot.

As far as the OP goes...I'm on the fence. On one hand, civil rights come to mind. On the other, I've always supported the idea that a business should be able to serve who they want, even if it discriminates. It's his ass on the line, and his lost revenue. I don't like the idea of government forcing someone to serve anyone or run your business a certain way.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I dont think gun shops and firing ranges are included in their because of their predisposition regarding felons, people of limit mental capacity, minors, non citizens, people on terror watch lists, and wanted persons by law enforcement.

Just for the record, my brother went to a firing range when he was in the US, hired a gun and fired off a few rounds, so "non citizens" are allowed there, in some states at least . Plus, I doubt they do background checks or mental capacity test on people who go to a gun range.

Just thought I'd point that out for the purpose of accuracy...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So if a majority of people think that a minority, just using that as a general term btw, shouldn't be able to buy thier product that is ok?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And every story about how they are taking over there has been shown to be bs and massively exaggerated. But guess they doesn't stop some from repeating the nonsense.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When was the last time you went through there?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ReadLeader

As a Libertarian I do not think the State should compel him to serve anyone.

Exactly. He owns not only the business, but all of the risk that is associated with business ownership. Let him serve who he wishes and not serve who he refuses. It is truly not the government's place to interfere.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
The place is also a gun store, I'm fairly certain you have to be a us citizen to purchase a fire arm in the US, and legally certain mental illness will prevent the purchase of fire arms. I was addressing both the range and the shop in the statement you had quoted from a previous post, I am not certain what renting a gun for the day entails but at the least I'm sure a passport or ID was presented to the leaser.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join