It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma gun store declares 'Muslim-free zone'!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
First Florida. Now Oklahoma. Well if a company can refuse gay folks from purchasing a wedding cake, is it all that bad to refuse service to a few muslims? I mean, come on, what's wrong with a few middle eastern Bros tossing some lead down range?

Is this business man and medically discharged veteran allowed to just tell Muslims to kiss off if they want to train at his gun range? Should he be sued and forced to allow ME Muslim folk to toss some 223's down range? Is he being racist?

I have a personal opinion on this, but due to PC.... naw screw it... I'm in agreement w/this man. Given the recent events. I would probably do the same thing.....

Come one, come all. Let's hear it ATS!!!! The discrimination flood gates are now officially open!

OKLAHOMA CITY — A gun store and shooting range in Oktaha, a small Oklahoma town near Muskogee, has joined a growing list of U.S. businesses that advertise themselves as “Muslim-free.”

“I didn’t want any terrorists, or Muslims, cult, whatever you want to call them, training on my gun range,” Neal said. “There is a military recruiting station in the mall in Muskogee, and I thought this was one thing I could do to help protect our local soldiers.”

NO MUSLIMS ALLOWED

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

As a Libertarian I do not think the State should compel him to serve anyone. As a human being I think he is a bigoted retard.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A bit silly as we all know the real terrorists of Oklahoma are the tornadoes. I mean really...there is nothing worth blowing up in Oklahoma although I'm sure Timothy Mcveigh would have disagreed with me there. Anyway I was under the impression that business owners still maintained the right to refuse to do business with anyone they saw fit to deny. So on the grounds of legality I'm cool with it, money out of his pocket not mine.

edit on 17-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think he's trying to say "No Brown People". I mean, I'm a white guy, but I could be Muslim. How do you tell someone's religion at a glance?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

There is no way that a person who believes in the constitution, and values Liberty, can justify this sort of ignorance, or indeed the marginalisation of any religious, ethnic, or cultural minority.

This is no different than banning the poor from certain locations, lest they be tempted to steal, or banning those with long hair, lest they leave too much of it on the ground where they walk.

Appalling stupidity, and totally unsupportable according to the very document that the store owner claims to hold so highly.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Perhaps a "Muslim" citizenship card should be in order? Similar to a C.D.I.B. card???

IDK.

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Clearly he's not a very astute business owner if he somehow thinks that the legal national currency, if handed to him by a Muslim instead of a non-Muslim, is somehow less valuable.

Not a good business plan, especially since there are undoubtedly lots of Muslims who are also law abiding gun owners, irrespective of what the TV, Radio and interwebz propaganda tells him.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Money all spends the same, huh, Sub?

Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Likely a good way to drum up business. Its not like the urban progressives will boycott his gun range.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, as Islam is the religion of peace, I'm not so sure that your average, law abiding Muslim would want to be firing guns for fun..in fact I would go as far to say that I cannot understand anyone who would want to be firing guns for any reason, but that's just me. I just cannot see the allure of owning and using deadly weapons for recreation purposes, unless actually hunting for food or as a form of pest control for farmers, livestock owners etc

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

This is a rather blatant violation of civil rights laws.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: technically I can't claim the 1st amendment because this isn't a government building, so I removed that part of the post

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome
Likely a good way to drum up business. Its not like the urban progressives will boycott his gun range.

It's a good way to get sued is more like it.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The propaganda from the main stream is working.

First a populace or those with certain ethnic or cultural and national backgrounds are isolated, segregated in the media.

The public begins to pick up on that 'us vs. them' sentiment pouring from the main stream faucet. Declaring places off limits (Muslim Free Zones?), then put fences between us and them, then put fences around them, then feed them into ovens.

Nothing familiar about that. Gotta feed the endless war machine.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Although a bit off topic, I"ll answer your question. Do you play pool, darts or any sport that requires you to have concentration, a steady hand, keen eye and takes time and constant practice to become skilled at? Something that is a challenge? Something on the order of hitting a gallon size milk container from 500 yards?
There's your answer. It's not all about "fill'em full of lead".

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I just cannot see the allure of owning and using deadly weapons for recreation purposes, unless actually hunting for food or as a form of pest control for farmers, livestock owners etc

If you don't practice you won't hit anything you shoot at. Target shooting, plinking at cans, whatever, teaches us to be proficient and safe with firearms. You're right, they are deadly. So is a car if you don't know how to use it.

Practice, practice.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I shall have to disagree.

The Muslims that I have known are some of the greatest people I have ever met. The more I have gotten to know them and their faith, the more the propaganda that has been unleashed by the western psy-op machine disturbs me.

You can ban all the Muslims you want however the true source of terror in this world is the psychopathic elite who believe there are too many of us undesirables and utilize their monopolization of power to divide the world and seek ever greater control.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago229amWednesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
Well, as Islam is the religion of peace, I'm not so sure that your average, law abiding Muslim would want to be firing guns for fun..in fact I would go as far to say that I cannot understand anyone who would want to be firing guns for any reason, but that's just me. I just cannot see the allure of owning and using deadly weapons for recreation purposes, unless actually hunting for food or as a form of pest control for farmers, livestock owners etc

Well, based on your post I can tell you have never been to small town America. Guns are part of the life; a big part. Ive only been a handful of times (from Canada) but this was probably the biggest difference I could find. Im not used to seeing shotguns on gunracks in the back of a pickup truck or guns openly for sale at walmart across from the tire section. If you had a shotgun in open view where I live...well...you just don't see it.

originally posted by: intrptr

The propaganda from the main stream is working.

First a populace or those with certain ethnic or cultural and national backgrounds are isolated, segregated in the media.

The public begins to pick up on that 'us vs. them' sentiment pouring from the main stream faucet. Declaring places off limits (Muslim Free Zones?), then put fences between us and them, then put fences around them, then feed them into ovens.

Nothing familiar about that. Gotta feed the endless war machine.

Yeah Im not sure what TPTB are up to with this whole muslim thing. It is making for a polarizing issue though and we know where that usually leads (exactly what your post contains)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

Yeah Im not sure what TPTB are up to with this whole muslim thing. It is making for a polarizing issue though and we know where that usually leads (exactly what your post contains)

The "War On Terror". Constant fear of something or some one, that keeps the money flowing to DHS, FBI, CIA, etc and gives them more excuses to invade our privacy. A reason to keep funneling money to companies that make bombs and other machines of war. Power, money and control.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yeah sorry, wrong thread to be airing my views...But I'll never be convinced that guns are a good thing and ultimately the only reason you would want to practice your skill with them is so that you can hit your target, which means that at some point you intend to kill with it, totally different to the ultimate aim of a game of pool or darts

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Really? How do you kill paper which is what the overwhelming majority of us will ever shoot at?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join