It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new Black Knight footage?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is that even possible, since the Black Knight is in a polar orbit (or so I've been told), and the ISS is not? I say hoax.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Many here would be very happy to throw wheat out with chaff. They do all they can to ensure it happens.

To them, wheat doesn't exist. It's all chaff, by definition.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Yep , looks like the Black Knight to me.
Thiugh why you'd give a thermal blanket a name is beyond me.

This and /thread

In an era where most likely a whole secret space program exists with exotic propulsion systems, people still wasting time with this Black Knight fable. Sigh...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
CGI.

I have absolutely no qualifications / experience to determine that, but we just need a few more people to agree with it and it'll become fact.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm surprised that ATS doesn't block certain Youtubers(If that's possible to do?) that are clearly swindlers.

People who view such video's believing they be true, need an Arm around them and educated.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Looking back at the claims it makes, the video says it is of Soyuz TMA-19M, the mission that launched British Astronaut Tim Peake in December 2015, not January 2016.

If you look at the youtube footage of that Soyuz's docking and this video there are clear differences in the location of markings on them, and the scenes depicted in the docking (which was broadcast live) do not match those in the video.

Fake.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hahaha. It's funny how often interesting stuff gets posted here only to find out the accompanying video is authored by Section 51 youtube channel. He has amazing 2 minute clips ALL CGI of course.
edit on 8-2-2016 by knowwhat because: spellt a werd rong

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Tybrus

I can't find a source at this minute, but that object has been explained as a runaway "tool belt" from an astronaut doing repairs on the Space Station, or some such thing.

Perhaps Jim Oberg or Phage will be by shortly to confirm a source.

There wouldn't be any EVA during a space docking.

Whatever, it is ALWAYS good to bring unusual outside views to ATS group mind's attention, since once and awhile it's really important. Better a flurry of false positives then missing a true positive.

Any video that does not provide checkable date/time, however, starts out with a credibility deficit.

But -- THANKS for the post, seriously. I do think the whole BK story is a UFO media myth, but that's another issue.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Thanks for popping in and replying. But, I was certain that I had read something that you had posted on the subject, here on ATS. So, I went on a hunting expedition, and found this!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: JimOberg
Interview questions received from astronaut Jerry Ross on October 15, 2014, by James Oberg

Re www.youtube.com...
And www.youtube.com...

Q: [Shuttle commander] Cabana called out the escape of this cover, right? What were your first thoughts?

A: What are you talking about? Where is it? And where did it come from?

Q: Do you recall which trunnion pin didn't get covered? Did this blanket
have a specific code name/number?

A: I don’t remember which trunnion pin didn’t get covered. Jim Newman was supposed to put them all on from the foot restraint he was in on the end of the arm. But I was ahead of the timeline and they asked me to do one as a free floating task. I said OK and he handed it to me and I tethered to it (at least I thought so) and he untethered from it. We were both looking directly at it while this was being done. There were two different trunnion pin cover designs, one “left-handed” (-001) and one “right-handed” (-002) for the two sides and two ends.

Q: What kind of latch was on the tether and why do you suspect it failed?

A: We used the same type of tethers for all of our tasks and they had a lock-lock design so that they could not accidently be opened. The tether points on the specific items were different and I do not remember exactly what the tether point on the cover was. But I made a drawing after the flight of where I thought I tethered to and I was then shown a picture and drawing of the hardware that showed that there was no such location on the cover. More below.

Q:. Were you ready to go try to retrieve it, before it drifted off too fast?

A: It was already too far away by the time it was noticed to be reached.

Q: As it moved away did you have any time to gaze at it and think about how it looked?

A:I was too pissed at myself to wonder what it looked like!

Q: What advice would you give people who have been misled into misinterpreting it?

A: If we see something up there we will be the first ones to ask questions and to tell people we saw something we didn’t understand. Conspiracy theories are fun for those working on them, but a waste of valuable brain power.

And then, just a few posts down, this:

originally posted by: JimOberg
Here in this draft slide show are the images and citations that persuade me that the object is a dropped thermal blanket, comments are welcome! www.jamesoberg.com...

Suggestions to improve the presentation would be welcome.

Credit where credit is due! Thanks Jim!

edit on 8-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for the info, I knew it was something technical, I don't do technical that well.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I agree, babies and bathwater, all the relevant idioms apply in some cases. Shame that, there are still some cool videos that are worth debate, but once something goes to HOAX the debate stops.

Not sure about this case of course, seems more probable to actually be a hoax. But hey ho and all that.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
2 masking effects, poorly used:

1) atmospheric haze plugin- they should be hundreds of miles away from atmosphere dense enough to cause a haze.

2) television RGB cycling- an artifact of old analog TV transmission; sometimes all 3 colours would lose sync. HD transmissions are digital, and 10 bit footage has greater colours.......

Yay Blackmagic Fusion rookies!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Yep , looks like the Black Knight to me.
Thiugh why you'd give a thermal blanket a name is beyond me.

I think someone with the training of European Space Agency (ESA) Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti on board the capsule as it approached the ISS for docking would have recognised that when she spotted the anomalous object and cried out in shock at about the 16 second mark in the film. No, her shocked reaction means that she did NOT recognise it as a piece of space junk, etc, which indicates that it was, indeed, anomalous. Afterwards, she took to Google+ to give an explanation for the shout. Cristoforetti explains she “wasn’t prepared in the least for what I saw when we were at about 30-40 meters [from the Space Station]." Of course, she did not reveal what she actually saw - she knew that she would not be allowed to do this. Instead, she passed off her reaction with a very phony explanation about seeing for the first time an orange glow in the solar panels as it reflected sunlight. As though that would have frightened her in the way it did, judging from the tone of her terror-filled voice when she cried out in shock, NOT in delight!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Here's video from STS-88 after they lost the black night , I mean thermal cover.
From 1.15

STS 88 launched in 1998.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

This would be the astronaut that left the ISS in June '99 and therefore was not there in January?

Here's her blog:

plus.google.com...

and here's what she said:

Before the flight, previous Soyuz fliers had reminded me to start looking for the Space Station in the side window in the last part of the approach and so I did: but I wasn’t prepared in the least for what I saw when we were at about 30-40 meters.

I had released my shoulder straps quite a bit at that point, so I was floating over my seat. As I turned to look outside, at first I looked back and saw one of our Soyuz solar panels, which I had seen before of course. Then my eyes caught something in the peripheral view. And as I slowly turned my gaze and when I realized what I was seeing, I was overcome by pure amazement and joy: the Space Station was there, but not just any view. The huge solar panels were flooded in a blaze of orange light, vivid, warm almost alien. I couldn’t help exclaiming something aloud, which you can probably hear in the recordings of our docking, since at that point we were “hot mic” with Mission Control. Anton reminded me of that and so I tried to contain my amazement and return to the docking monitoring. When I peaked again later, the orange glow was gone.

Butch told me later that he had heard my amazement on com when "the Station had turned orange.” I didn’t know, but apparently there’s only a few seconds during day-night transition that the Station is lit by that amazing orange glow. And it happened to be exactly when I peaked outside! I feel very fortunate that I had such a unique first glimpse of our human outpost in space: such a great welcome!

Why not get in touch and call her a liar?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here's Cristoforetti's docking from SOyuz and ISS perspective. See if you can see anything untoward:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: onehuman

I seem to remember that one of the explanations given for the black knight was some kind of cover made of material, engine cowling cover or something.

Maybe that has something to do with what you perceive.

I never did quite get that joke - me too stupid

a thermal blanket lost at sea no more than 250 miles from shore and pictured luckily enough in the 1980s late 88 i think size and shape were given , which would have seen it plunge into the atmosphere and burn up in 9 months according to some what goes up at Nasa sometimes never comes down .

Flys about like a magic carpet in space where & whenever it wants to plenty of newspaper headlines from the 1930s online and data from radio telescopes from that era

And not one photo or movie about all this

must look up that thread again for a lol

edit on 10/2/2016 by stonerwilliam because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Well to be honest, the explanation was only used for a specific few photos purported to be the black knight. The actual story of the black knight goes way back to the 1960's I think. Black knight enthusiasts get real pissy if the two things are confused though.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

This would be the astronaut that left the ISS in June '99 and therefore was not there in January?

Here's her blog:

plus.google.com...

and here's what she said:

She did NOT leave the ISS before this video was made. She was on her way to dock with the ISS. Your pathetic attempt to debunk what I said is pure disinformation.

She did NOT leave the ISS before this video was taken. She was on her way to dock with the ISS.

Your pathetic attempt to debunk this story is pure disinfo.
Before the flight, previous Soyuz fliers had reminded me to start looking for the Space Station in the side window in the last part of the approach and so I did: but I wasn’t prepared in the least for what I saw when we were at about 30-40 meters.

I had released my shoulder straps quite a bit at that point, so I was floating over my seat. As I turned to look outside, at first I looked back and saw one of our Soyuz solar panels, which I had seen before of course. Then my eyes caught something in the peripheral view. And as I slowly turned my gaze and when I realized what I was seeing, I was overcome by pure amazement and joy: the Space Station was there, but not just any view. The huge solar panels were flooded in a blaze of orange light, vivid, warm almost alien. I couldn’t help exclaiming something aloud, which you can probably hear in the recordings of our docking, since at that point we were “hot mic” with Mission Control. Anton reminded me of that and so I tried to contain my amazement and return to the docking monitoring. When I peaked again later, the orange glow was gone.

Butch told me later that he had heard my amazement on com when "the Station had turned orange.” I didn’t know, but apparently there’s only a few seconds during day-night transition that the Station is lit by that amazing orange glow. And it happened to be exactly when I peaked outside! I feel very fortunate that I had such a unique first glimpse of our human outpost in space: such a great welcome!

Why not get in touch and call her a liar?

edit on 10-2-2016 by micpsi because: type corrected.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
OneBigMonkeytoo:
She did NOT leave the ISS before this video footage was taken. She was on her way to the ISS when she saw the anomalous object. What you claim is totally untrue. One can hear her shocked stifled cries at about the 16-18 second mark IN THIS FILM.
edit on 10-2-2016 by micpsi because: Typo corrected

edit on 10-2-2016 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join