It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Actually verne was a visionary, look at modern nuclear submarines, as well as being the father of modern science fiction (just not in space) he was a potential Da'Vinci of his day, it is simply that his designes took literary form rather than schematics with deliberatly inverted axels and other deliberate flaws to prevent enemy's nation states from using his inventions.
Then of course the story of Archimedes and his invention of the screw, the use of reflective mirrors to set light to the roman galleys (remember the biblical equivelent of the isrealites using there shield's to blind there enemy as well).
Look at Lascaux in france, sophisticated cave men painted themselves in tailored clothing, they were not wearing bear skin's but sown clothing and the bias even today is to view these people whom were identical to modern humans as primitive cave man whom clubbed there woman over the head before making baby's (I might accept that if it was the woman clubbing there men over the head to drag them away from the lad's night out drinking moonshine around the camp fire though).
The most ridiculous view is that our ancestorys were idiots when in fact they were like us for at least 200 thousand years and if the POSSIBLE finds above show anything then they were either not the first sentiant race or they existed a lot longer than that at a very high level of sentience and possible at times even far above today's bipedal self insulting small brained war like anthropod's.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Here is some more interesting reading material along the same vein as the other stuff, now of course if this could be proven it would be mainstream science or at least our arguement that someone is sitting on the good stuff would become far more valid, still it is interesting and crossed over the ancient alien hypethesis as well which of course if the backbone of most Black night argument.
Now personally while I think it is plausible I do not follow the ancient alien hypothesis as if they travelled here from far away they would be far more likely to set up a colony than alter the indiginous life to suit there end's and if sithins belief could be proven I would still smell a rat and say they had probably attacked and enslaves the already sentient race rather than genetically tailored a slave race though they may very well have alteresed the conquered race with such thing's as neural inhibiting viral engineering and life span reduction coupled with increased breeding rate as well as instituting a self perpetuating slave master worship system of belief's.

Anyway here are some more thread as I said.
www.world-mysteries.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.ancient-origins.net...#!bc3qfI
theshadowlands.net...
home.comcast.net...

There is so much of this stuff if even 10 percent could be shown to enigmatic and without a definitive 100 percent agreed upon natural explanation then it can only be termed supporting EVIDENCE for the artificial school of thought and thus provide a much higher likelihood of the black Knight satellite having an ancient terrestrial origin.

Who know's maybe the earth being two thirds of way along the arm of the spiral Galaxy we call the mily way was once an important stopping off point for a race whom sent vessels into the milky way's heart along the star filled and hydrogen fuel rich, planetary abundent arm from further out on that same arm of the galaxy in search of rare element's that could only be harvested near the galactic core, not so much gas station earth service station earth but then the book it truly open on any hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
why not just send a shuttle to capture it and bring it home.

That would be the same reason why Curiosity isn't taking a closer look at the weird stuff resting on the face of Mars.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: TXRabbit

Actually verne was a visionary, look at modern nuclear submarines, ....

Uh, Verne never wrote about nuclear subs, that was a Disney movie.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

No but he did write about the nautilus and the Disney movie was based on his book with some artistic liberty.

The guy was nevertheless a visionary of his time, I doubt though that he was alone in that and of course there had already been many attempts to make submersible's of one form or another such as boat's overturned with men walking in the sea bed and using the boat as a portable air pocket (not very successful as you can imagine).

Plus Verne was born in 1823 and lived to the start of the 20th century, but the first submarine weapon can be traced back to at least 400 years BC, and there are recognisable designs complete with peroscopes from before Verne was born though did any of these ever get built.
Here is a Wiki page on them,
en.wikipedia.org...

And of course as for tunnels, well Napoleon planned a channel tunnel and one was started in britain to france in the 1880's nether made it though but never underestimate an engineer, there field was different but they took as far as the enineering principles of the day allowed the science to go and many of there steam engines we could not replicate today without rebuilding there engineering work's as well.

www.richardharland.net...'stunnel.htm
www.forgottenrelics.co.uk...
www.vernianera.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

One of your links discussed giants which reminded me of some indian folklore ... garry-nelson.hubpages.com... Their existence is definitely a strong possibility as they are described worldwide by different cultures en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

Perhaps some of their history has been confused with ours. The Nephilim (as described in bible) may have been the race that could move the 1000 ton monoliths that confuses us today. Weakened by natural disasters they were eventually wiped out by us homo-sapiens.

Guess we have to wait until science can unearth some solid evidence but not holding my breath.

Thanks for the links.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

No but he did write about the nautilus and the Disney movie was based on his book with some artistic liberty.

The guy was nevertheless a visionary of his time,

And of course he was, and personally, he was my inspiration with his moon flight book that my grandfather, an astronomy enthusiast, gave me when I was ten, two years BEFORE Sputnik, with profound consequences for the next sixty years of my life; I was just teasing you out of gratitude for awakening that memory. Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Check out the picture in this link... it makes a good argument for what this actually was...

www.google.com... %2Fforum%2Fthread975106%2Fpg7%26mem%3D&h=796&w=850&tbnid=Fmf8VUKVM9qafM%3A&zoom=1&docid=laNezkjxGaybMM&ei=wG8WVLC2FYi_8QHWq4EQ&tbm=isch&client=ms-andr oid-att-us&ved=0CFcQMygpMCk&iact=rc&uact=3&page=5&start=36&ndsp=8

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The picture of the Black Knight just hanging there looks ominous, like the 2001 Space Odyssey monolith just waiting to be discovered.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey, can this object be viewed with a high end telescope from Sam's Club, Costco, BJ's or Sky mall? I would totally love to take a look at the thing myself if at all possible.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interview questions received from astronaut Jerry Ross on October 15, 2014, by James Oberg

Re www.youtube.com...
And www.youtube.com...

Q: [Shuttle commander] Cabana called out the escape of this cover, right? What were your first thoughts?

A: What are you talking about? Where is it? And where did it come from?

Q: Do you recall which trunnion pin didn't get covered? Did this blanket
have a specific code name/number?

A: I don’t remember which trunnion pin didn’t get covered. Jim Newman was supposed to put them all on from the foot restraint he was in on the end of the arm. But I was ahead of the timeline and they asked me to do one as a free floating task. I said OK and he handed it to me and I tethered to it (at least I thought so) and he untethered from it. We were both looking directly at it while this was being done. There were two different trunnion pin cover designs, one “left-handed” (-001) and one “right-handed” (-002) for the two sides and two ends.

Q: What kind of latch was on the tether and why do you suspect it failed?

A: We used the same type of tethers for all of our tasks and they had a lock-lock design so that they could not accidently be opened. The tether points on the specific items were different and I do not remember exactly what the tether point on the cover was. But I made a drawing after the flight of where I thought I tethered to and I was then shown a picture and drawing of the hardware that showed that there was no such location on the cover. More below.

Q:. Were you ready to go try to retrieve it, before it drifted off too fast?

A: It was already too far away by the time it was noticed to be reached.

Q: As it moved away did you have any time to gaze at it and think about how it looked?

A:I was too pissed at myself to wonder what it looked like!

Q: What advice would you give people who have been misled into misinterpreting it?

A: If we see something up there we will be the first ones to ask questions and to tell people we saw something we didn’t understand. Conspiracy theories are fun for those working on them, but a waste of valuable brain power.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I dont get the fuse about this space junk and military stuff way of thinking.
Dark knight satellite is never been photographed. It was a artificial Object, tracked and listened long befor first man made object in space. Thats it..

edit on 17-10-2014 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Here in this draft slide show are the images and citations that persuade me that the object is a dropped thermal blanket, comments are welcome! www.jamesoberg.com...

Suggestions to improve the presentation would be welcome.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Really thorough and obvious summation of the object.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The Black Knight has been recorded by many, many people including Nikola Tesla, Soviet Space Program and Nasa, very little research was done on it until the us military start erasing the subject from media (kind of like they did with MH17).
A few amateurs recorded and graphed he radio signals it was emitting and they created a picture of Epsilon Bootes, particularly Arcturus which is mentioned in many religions namely Hinduism, Hellenism, and has been recorded by the Mayans.
Any further decryption is kept secret. Similar to the Andromeda message that Rogozin described extremely vaguely.
No one ahs really gone up to it but it could possibly cause something to...you know, incinerate due to advanced technology. Either that or it was put into orbit by earlier advanced human civs that were destroyed by war.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

I'm done! This was a good effort to answer serious questions and it required original research about the STS-88 pix. There was an awfully lot of new archival material from the 1960 period I'd never seen collected before. Thanks, everybody!

As I have rechecked this thread ..

Your Welcome JIM as I posted my share about the 1960 Period of the Mystery Satellite..

as for the Rest of ATS members that Read this OLD Thread ..

I notice there is a Bit of confusion

For me Im talking about two different things at the same time

(AS some members are getting confused I was More Focusing on the PAST History of the Black Knight Satellite Object )

1) Im discussing about The History & The Background of the Black Knight Object as before the 60s and before Sputnik and the Reports in the late 50s and Especially in 1960 about a Mystery Satellite object a possible so called Black Knight

2) and Later on Im Discussing about what the NASA Photo was, and the claim to be The Black Knight Object
later finding out with the ATS Teamwork ( putting our head together ) to know actually what it is, a PIN Thermal Cover , and perhaps also a Thermal Blanket , as Jim Orberg later found out , and Phage showing a Visual a Video , and Photos and Me Showing other Photos while i was researching a found a photo pics, as like the Jerry Ross Photo Near a Russian Thermal Blanket with a Cyrillic Letter on it
& a Up close pic of the Thermal Pin Cover in Question ..

as for the Photos ( Trunnion Pin Cover )
As NO one not even Phage Or Jim Oberg or myself or rest of ATS members knew exactly what it was until we all did this deep researching... as most of us had the assumption of Space Debris , but what kind of Debris .. Till Jim did some Searching ..

But for Me, The Black Knight Continues to be a Mystery , of what actually Happened in February of 1960 ..
although it could of been the Rocket casing Number 5 , as Phage has said.

Ohh BTY , Jim as I been on your Site ! and you Made a PDF explaining about the Black Knight and the Trunnion pin cover You could of gave us ATS Members some credit

First Space Station Mission Mistake Fans Old Space Myth
www.jamesoberg.com...

^^^^ This Here ^^^^
edit on 52015FridayfAmerica/Chicago7204 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

There was a follow up thread that could have helped, deemed too loud by someone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Post script -- Jerry Ross and me at lunch in NASA area, Texas, mid-2014.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
True or not, it is definitely interesting. Pepsi has a new ad based on this.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: krines
True or not, it is definitely interesting. Pepsi has a new ad based on this.

True or NOT?

Could you be acting like the perfect hyper-credulous fall-for-anything sap that advertisers DREAM of?

Dusting off another decades-old debunking piece -- www.jamesoberg.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join