It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo on Display: Lavoy Finicum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Okay, so Palmer was sympathetic. Look here:
Oregon standoff: Sheriff's stance in LaVoy Finicum shooting draws outrage
This crazy shizzle here also highlights some of the support the occupiers had:
Oregon standoff: LaVoy Finicum memorial torn down and rebuilt
From the first article I've linked here:

In the days since the Jan. 26 shooting, Finicum's final words and Palmer's response to the deadly confrontation have focused attention on the sheriff who has openly challenged federal authority in his own county.

Palmer took to social media to say he knew nothing about plans that day to stop the occupation leaders and that he had not been at the "ambush site."

His words drew a rebuke from the Oregon State Sheriffs' Association, concerned that his description would "only inflame an already tense situation and incite further violence." The association's executive committee is considering a citizen request that it investigate Palmer.

In the last week, Palmer has declined repeated interview requests from The Oregonian/OregonLive.

But he twice met with some of the occupation leaders earlier in the protest and supported the community meeting in John Day.

His reputation as a hardline critic of the federal government has drawn strong support from some local loggers, ranchers and outdoor enthusiasts who have defended Palmer in recent days. One militant pledged online that 6,000 militia members would respond to Grant County if the sheriff needed help.

I think we're starting to get a clearer picture here of why the ambush occurred when and where it did. The feds most certainly would not have been able to arrest anyone at the meeting in Grant county.
edit on 9-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: tweetie

To address the claim of there being French mercenaries of the IMF in Burns, I still haven't figured out to my own satisfaction why that claim was made in the first place

If you come up with anything, I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

For now, I think it was simple disinformation. It was meant to be totally outrageous and sensational, to go viral, then be debunked, discredit anyone and everyone who supports the Occupiers in any way, and hide the real truth about what is going on in Burns and Harney County.

Something you may want to consider or at least keep in mind as more comes out? I've been poking around a bit.

A link to Intellihub

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Your points are well taken. I'm not ready to throw Facebook Boy to the wolves --- yet. It's not one thing that has me suspicious of him, but the combination of his actions -- before, during and after the death trap. I'll be keeping my eye on him though...

Despite what I have written about Mark, I still believe Shawna's account of how he rushed the occupiers out of the refuge and into two vehicles. I think he was involved in making sure that happened. I doubt we will be hearing from him again and he's probably laying low. Who knows how he ended up with that "job?" Perhaps the FBI had something on him and he was coerced into playing that role for them that day. Perhaps not, but it's possible. Anyway, he's not at the top of anyone's trusted list, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Thank you for the link! I checked it out but I'm still skeptical. I would be more inclined to believe there are U.N. forces on the ground than French mercenaries. Why French? And how would they know? I don't think anyone has ever reported actually holding a conversation with the French mercs, and even if they did, the accent might give them away, but I doubt they would out themselves.

Never say "never," obviously. I'll keep the possibility in the back of my mind, but for now I'm more concerned with our own agents and agencies running the show. If French mercs are there, it's with their blessing.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Not that I necessarily believe the claim, but as to why: the French Foreign Legion is a mercenary group that has been around for quite some time. Very refined operation, then, and with a multinational membership. Anyone of any nationality can apply, or so I've been told. Also, if foreign mercs were used, as opposed to domestic ones, then any angry fellow seeking revenge would have a long way to travel before enacting it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well we have this to think about.

Sometimes things happen before and during an "announcement" time period.

The "Oregon" hyperbole could be a "Drill"

Obama Administration and UN Announce “GLOBAL POLICE FORCE” to Fight “Extremism” IN US CITIES

! ! ! !

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I will get back to you on this post. Its a different video than the one I already posted -- comments from a resident of Burns.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I posted this thought in my Finicum did not have a death wish thread, and I thought I should paste it over here too. It does pertain to manipulation of public opinion I think.

I think another thing to consider in the local reaction to the occupation was the federal reaction within the local community. Didn't pretty much every federal entity in town close up shop during the occupation? That's what I read in one article. Even the post office, and I thought the article said that even mail carriers had stopped running. For a local resident, that'll piss you off for sure. Can't get a postal money order, hell you can't even mail a letter. This would all be blamed on the occupiers, of course. The federal government really were the ones who made the decision to cut off services to the community, though. It was supposed to be because of threats, I think. Either way, this doubtless would have affected the locals' opinion of the occupiers.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I have to agree, Baddie. I've thought about that, and tried to figure out just how much trouble the townspeople were having with the actual protesters, and how much trouble was caused by the feds. Unfortunately, most articles totally gloss over the particulars. Which makes me suspicious in and of itself. I'm sure many townspeople wanted the occupiers "to go" just so that the feds would go also!

I've also read that something like 50% of the county works for the feds. That's a lot of people who know which side their bread is buttered on and will speak accordingly.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I have to agree, Baddie. I've thought about that, and tried to figure out just how much trouble the townspeople were having with the actual protesters, and how much trouble was caused by the feds. Unfortunately, most articles totally gloss over the particulars. Which makes me suspicious in and of itself. I'm sure many townspeople wanted the occupiers "to go" just so that the feds would go also!

I've also read that something like 50% of the county works for the feds. That's a lot of people who know which side their bread is buttered on and will speak accordingly.

True. That's a lot of federal employees. I think alot of them got some time off on account of this thing.

I also think shutting down the schools sent a bunch more employees home from work and probably created a real hassle for all the parents in the community now that I think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join