It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Islamophobia' the term used to forgive a multitude of sins!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't believe that peace and understanding is in the cards with respect to Islam. It certainly isn't part of the doctrine.

It certainly won't be if you refuse to believe it is possible.

I won't even make the distinction anymore between supposed moderates and extremists. Moderate NAZIs don't sound all that reasonable either.

I can't believe you just compared a religion to a political ideology like Nazism...

I realize that you have a pony in this race, maybe you should reevaluate your perspective instead of berating everyone else.

I do? Which pony would that be? Seeing as you somehow seem to know so much about me, please tell me what this pony is.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Which sect?

How many percentage wise called America the "Great Satan"...

I bet if I take Ayatollah Khameini out of the equation you'd be hard pressed to count them on your hand.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You do realize that guns are inanimate objects, right?

You do realize that I haven't made a single argument for or against gun ownership in this thread, right?

You know if you are upset over gun owners or veterans being totally demonized for the actions of the few, logic says that you should be able to relate to the Islam situation with not labeling them all as evil, Western hating assholes.

You are comparing islamic extremists with guns unless there is an effort to deport veterans that I was unaware of.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don't believe that peace and understanding is in the cards with respect to Islam. It certainly isn't part of the doctrine.

I won't even make the distinction anymore between supposed moderates and extremists. Moderate NAZIs don't sound all that reasonable either.

I can't believe you just compared a religion to a political ideology like Nazism...

I realize that you have a pony in this race, maybe you should reevaluate your perspective instead of berating everyone else.

I do? Which pony would that be? Seeing as you somehow seem to know so much about me, please tell me what this pony is.

Your employers.

Islam is a political ideology and governmental system.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your employers.

Nope, it's a Religion.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: greencmp

It certainly isn't part of the doctrine.

Which doctrine, specifically?

To whom does it belong, specifically?

Show me where peace and understanding are emphasized.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
Oh my......I think someone didn't pay attention in elementary school. That's the thing with percentages, they are comparable exactly because they are......percentages.

I mean really guy?

Yea, I also took classes on Statistics and statistical analysis too. A 1500% increase of percentage is not NEARLY as significant if you are increasing in the single digits versus millions of people.

Off course, settling it like a man is obviously out of the question....

Um what? Settle like a man? Sorry kid, I'm not in grade school anymore. If someone insults me or breaks the rules I report them and let the proper authorities handle it. THAT is handling it like a man.

Because I am not a bleeding heart idiot. Promoting peace and understanding is what got us into this whole mess and it sure isn't going to get us out of it.

No. I'm pretty sure bombing the hell out of the Middle East has been thoroughly proven to have gotten us in this mess. Try again.

How is that going to save us from a process designed to replace my people with muslims.

What is this, Invasion of the Body Snatchers now?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

In which doctrine should I peruse?

The Hadith?
The Quran?
The Gospels?
Psalms?

Which sect's doctrine?

Wahhabi?
Sunni?
Sufi?
Shia?
Salafi?

You see how ridiculous these broad statements are now?

Or are you going to continue to be vague with sweeping generalisations?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Your employers.

My employers mean nothing to me other than a paycheck and something to fill my resume up with. I certainly won't let them be slandered on the internet though by a bunch of people who refuse to learn much about Muslims culture other than the fearful # they read on right wing media outlets.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're arguing with someone who was banned 2 days ago, it's a waste of time, Krazy.

Is that so. In that case, nobody likes a snitch.

They think Holland is under Islamification.

And this is not the case? What about the UK? Is there no islamisation there either?

They probably listen to every word of Pamela Gellar as Gospel.

Because she is Dutch? My own eyes and ears are quite enough.

I'm watching you NeoSpartan.

Meaning what?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You do realize that I haven't made a single argument for or against gun ownership in this thread, right?

You know if you are upset over gun owners or veterans being totally demonized for the actions of the few, logic says that you should be able to relate to the Islam situation with not labeling them all as evil, Western hating assholes.

You are comparing islamic extremists with guns unless there is an effort to deport veterans that I was unaware of.

I am bringing up relateable situations to show how groups of people that are important to you are slandered for the sins of the whole. I've explained this several times already.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The Hadith?
The Quran?
The Gospels?
Psalms?

Which sect's doctrine?

Wahhabi?
Sunni?
Sufi?
Shia?
Salafi?

Or you could show me a reference to peace and understanding.

You know, the charge I made that you are responding to.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You're arguing with someone who was banned 2 days ago, it's a waste of time, Krazy.

Is that so. In that case, nobody likes a snitch.

They think Holland is under Islamification.

And this is not the case? What about the UK? Is there no islamisation there either?

They probably listen to every word of Pamela Gellar as Gospel.

Because she is Dutch? My own eyes and ears are quite enough.

I'm watching you NeoSpartan.

Meaning what?

Meaning you're not worth having a discussion with because there is nothing intellectual about your approach.
You are a fearmonger, and will likely be banned again soon.

As for snitch, I didn't report you.
I was busy laughing at your puny country come under Islamic Rule.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Shockingly common misconceptions about Islam.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I didn't know or care anything about islam until my eyes were opened on 9/11.
Then, I started to take notice and do research on my own about this so called
"religion of peace".

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I am bringing up relateable situations to show how groups of people that are important to you are slandered for the sins of the whole. I've explained this several times already.

I have not seen a rise in anti-veteran rhetoric, should I be expecting it soon?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I didn't know or care anything about islam until my eyes were opened on 9/11.
Then, I started to take notice and do research on my own about this so called
"religion of peace".

Nothing you typed there screams BIAS to you? Because it certainly does to me. That would be like me getting insensitive to research Christianity because they fire bombed an abortion clinic. It's bound to just result in me determining that the religion is bad.

In fact, I posit this. If Islam is evil, then so is Christianity. If we have to get rid of Islam, then we have to also get rid of Christianity. How does that sound? I don't like either religion and see fundamentalist crazies from both sides kill, hate and just be violent pricks to each other and everyone else. So good for the goose is good for the gander and all that.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have not seen a rise in anti-veteran rhetoric, should I be expecting it soon?

I wasn't the person who brought up the bit about veterans. Mamabeth did.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The Hadith?
The Quran?
The Gospels?
Psalms?

Which sect's doctrine?

Wahhabi?
Sunni?
Sufi?
Shia?
Salafi?

Or you could show me a reference to peace and understanding.

You know, the charge I made that you are responding to.

You made the original claim.

I asked for specifics so I could help you.

Clearly you don't know as much about Islam as you make out or you would direct me to your concerns instead of vaguely making baseless statements.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yea, I also took classes on Statistics and statistical analysis too. A 1500% increase of percentage is not NEARLY as significant if you are increasing in the single digits versus millions of people.

What are you talking about. You claimed that the difference between 1% and 15% is insignificant. It is not. It is times 15 as much. Since we are talking percentages of total population numbers, nothing is skewed or distorted at all.

Um what? Settle like a man?

As opposed to whining about supposed ad hom attacks......

No. I'm pretty sure bombing the hell out of the Middle East has been thoroughly proven to have gotten us in this mess. Try again.

No, allowing these people to enter our countries en masse based on these twisted and suicidal ideas, has gotten us into this mess.

Most of them are not even from war zones.

What is this, Invasion of the Body Snatchers now?

What, you can't compute what I said?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join