It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Islamophobia' the term used to forgive a multitude of sins!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

The few means that only a few Muslims hate the west; not all of them.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't see how people can go to the M.E and start wars there killing millions, displacing millions, and reducing it to less than nothing, then claim the Arabs are bad or radicalized for being upset. After 9/11 the Americans got radicalized and have been terrorizing/killing Arabs for over a decade and a half, but thats ok because they are the good guys.

The best part about all this is people who use the term islamaphobia or argue it are not even members of the religion. The media creates these arguments and the people fight amongst themselves excluding the Arabs from the conversation. To go with the theme of this thread I will say that context is everything and if you want to paint a brush on everyone because of some instance where it was used wrong then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft could one argue the ranchers in Oregon was an example of white privilige. We all know had those taking government property been black or Muslim, the treatment would have been much harsher?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Says who? Sorry, an anecdote won't do......

How big is the muslim community over there? What is your experience?

Also, they don't all need to hate the west to destroy our way of living. They will all follow the radicals, they are not going to be on our side.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Im sorry I dont know whether I am reading your post correctly but are you saying the term Islamophobia should have been used in the Rotherham case?

With regards to my posts I will hold my hands up and say I have become obsessed with news from Europe and in UK relating to dangers posed by potential terrorists coming in amongst refugees and whether some are here to carry out jihad and that is why such things as the rapes happened. I am also concerned that we have many ISIS supporters living within our country. Every day there is something else reported on either news, newspapers or alternative news so its difficult to get away from.

I am being treated for depression as after the Paris attacks I thought everywhere there was danger. I think I feel more vulnerable because I am a female on my own and have responsibility for a young child and elderly mother who I feel protective towards.

However, my posts come across it is certainly not because I have an hostility towards ALL muslims, I really dont but I do have an hostility to ISIS sympathisers and jihadists who without a shadow of doubt have smuggled themselves into Europe amongst all the hundreds of thousands of fit, young men. Do I have an hostility to British muslims no not at all except for those who are following the twisted ideology of ISIS.

Without a doubt there are people in the UK who I would class as Islamophobic you see their comments on many forums telling people to stop shopping at muslim shops, asking for all to be interned, for mosques to be burned down and I dont harbour any thoughts like this, these people are simply equal to extremists such as ISIS in my opinion. However, it is the likes of those and ISIS sympathisers who will soon bring civil war to Europe and UK. It has already started jn fractions in Dovet and Sweden and the people who are caught in the middle will be just normal citizens like myself who want to live in peace and I just think keep brandishing labels like this about when it is unfounded and untrue just causes further resentment and division and means that normal people such as I fear raising their concerns because of having these labels thrust upon them. Just because someone has fears and hostility to SOME muslims doesnt then automatically mean they then consider all muslims the same which is the same argument as the people who throw out these labels dont blame all muslims for the acts of a few and in most cases people arent in fact blaming ALL this is an unfounded assumption and not a reality and then umbrellas everyone who dares voice concerns as an Islamophobe!a reply to: Learningman

edit on 2-2-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

lots of countries that where colonized, sanctioned or destroyed by the west hate them, the Muslims are just the new direction of slaughter for the west. Us Africans had our turn, the Asians had their turn, the Americas had their turn and now its the Arabs, everyone else is just happy its not their direction the Westerners are facing.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A few, I keep hearing a few. A few hundred, thousand, million? It's just a few different Muslims everyday who blow themselves up (you would think a few would run out) It's just a few cops that shoot people no big deal. It's just a few families that own the world banks. A few families in Kansas always get compared to extremist groups as a white comparison to evil wahabists for holding signs. What is this mystery few measurement?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

It was cool of you to share that because it puts things in perspective a bit and sometimes it's good to see there's a human being behind it all.

If reading this stuff isn't making your life better or its making you miserable, leave it alone. I don't know where you live but if it's outside of a major city you'll be fine. I live in London in an area with a lot of Muslims and it never crosses my mind that anyone would want to kill me.

The world isn't a bad place and people aren't bad, there are some bad people within it but they're a tiny minority.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

First of all many muslims are normal, decent and ordinary people but many are not, I am extremely phobic against those that are not and also I have an extreme dislike, not a fear of there religion so I fall into the catagorie of islamophobe.

My reason is partially religious and partially from family experience since my sister is married to one.

Family - my nepphew was abuse and Javod is a thief and a liar.

Religious, the bible calls the devil the father of lie's, the great deciever and the enemy of Jah, the name El is not a name but a title and Allah and El merely mean GOD not a specific GOD but simply GOD hence Jah is called El Shadai, El Elyon and some of his angels are called Elohim (they whom come from above it is not a name of God though some sources claim otherwise).
The Koran call's Allah the Greatest Deciever, tell's it's followers to strike they whom will not bow down to there Allah on the back of the neck and deny's that Christ was either the son of God or that indeed he was even crucified, it also say's he killed a little boy and advocates child marriage and sexual abuse as well since Muhammad in his 50's (56 i believe) married Aisha a six year old child.

From my perspective and that of many biblical scholars the Koran is at odd's with the bible and from a historic argument it is also revisionist history as it was written over six century's after the time of Christ and three century's after the modern bible was compiled.
From My perspective and that of many other christians including former devout muslim's that have converted to christianity the entity known as Allah in the Koran is non other than SATAN and his profit the Muhammad is the Beast.

So yes I fall into the catagory of Islamophobe though mine is not a fear but a devout hatred of that which is to me the work of SATAN but I do recognise that many muslims practice a watered down and more tollerant version of there religion, though I fear they may be lost having accepted the mark of the beast.
www.hope-of-israel.org...

Of course remember Salmon Rushdie's book Satanic Verses, www.answering-islam.org...

edit on 2-2-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Says who? Sorry, an anecdote won't do......

How big is the muslim community over there? What is your experience?

Over where? Also, why did you just tell me not to give an anecdote then ask for my experiences?

Also, they don't all need to hate the west to destroy our way of living. They will all follow the radicals, they are not going to be on our side.

See. This is Islamophobia.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

People develop an idea in their heads, and it fulfills a kind of self image. Even when faced with unyielding facts, they still cling to it. It's evidence of a small mind, or a damaged one. No room for anything outside what they cling to.

Sort of like a "face-the-facts phobia".

Even here and in other threads you make it clear you are not talking about 'all muslims', but you see how it's disregarded to carry forth an agenda of "look how good I am". It's become almost self-aggrandizing.

The jihad thingie has been almost surpassed by the extraordinary number of sexual assaults that are occurring in Western Europe.. It's an epidemic, and yet people will say "non-muslims rape too!" to avoid the very facts which counters the preconceived ideas (of their most excellent, precious selves) they cling to.

It's pathetic if you think about it. Even many women remain silent about it, and I understand that. You don't want to feel as though you are trashing a group of people, but at the same time, silence and denial is NOT HELPFUL.

edit on 2/2/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
A phobia is an irrational fear of something brought on because of an anxiety disorder. It is a mental illness.

The term should only be used in a scientific sense, however there is nothing scientific about homophobia or Islamophobia.

It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you sit on, the terms homophobia and Islamophobia are no more than PC terms, and they are heavily misused.

If you can control language, you can control thought. And that is the main point about political correctness to begin with.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology
A phobia is an irrational fear of something brought on because of an anxiety disorder. It is a mental illness.

The term should only be used in a scientific sense, however there is nothing scientific about homophobia or Islamophobia.

It doesn’t matter what side of the fence you sit on, the terms homophobia and Islamophobia are no more than PC terms, and they are heavily misused.

If you can control language, you can control thought. And that is the main point about political correctness to begin with.

This is true with a 'true phobia', it is indeed a type of anxiety disorder. "Islamaphobia" is not a true phobia, except for those who begin to tremble and run in fear upon seeing a muslim. I'm not saying it's not a real phenomena, but I am saying it is rare. It's a word being used colloquially to control those who speak out against atrocities being committed by Arabic cultures, who happen to claim Islam as their religion. The word has been hijacked and weaponized.
edit on 2/2/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Over where?

Over there, in that place where your ivory tower is built.

Also, why did you just tell me not to give an anecdote then ask for my experiences?

Because you made an absolute statement based on nothing, and I obviously refered to your earlier remark.

The questions I then asked you don't require an answer that is backed up with proof.

See. This is Islamophobia.

No it is called using logic and your brain.

You don't know what you are talking about.
edit on 2-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Over there, in that place where your ivory tower is built.

There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US.

Because you made an absolute statement based on nothing, and I obviously refered to your earlier remark.

That doesn't explain why you contradicted yourself in the same post.

The questions I then asked you don't require an answer that is backed up with proof.

Everything needs proof.

No it is called using logic and your brain.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Nice. Run out of arguments? Call your opponent stupid. Classy.

edit on 2-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Merely a
variation on the left's theme of anything outside their approval envelope is label 'racist'.

Pure psych-ops of the first order. The meat grinder of 'equality', of stamping out differentiation, of 'judging' .

What 'supposed' to come out of that social and traditional media meat grinder? Some nirvana where peace and love rules all.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way..

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US.

The US also has a total population of 322 million. That's about 1 %.

West-European countries and cities have rapidly growing percentages of 7 to 15% or even higher.

The situations are not the same. They have a much larger impact on our societies.

Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about from Maryland US.

That doesn't explain why you contradicted yourself in the same post.

I didn't contradict myself. I said that for the statement you made, anecdotal evidence was not enough. Nothing I said or asked after that is a contradiction. You really need to have an argument about this?

Everything needs proof.

I asked you for your experiences and how big the muslim community is where you live. I was completely willing to believe your answers, without any proof.........

You are just typing random stuff now because you don't really know what to say.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The US also has a total population of 322 million. That's about 1 %.

West-European countries and cities have rapidly growing percentages of 7 to 15% or even higher.

The situations are not the same. They have a much larger impact on our societies.

Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about from Maryland US.

The situations ARE the same. Muslims are a minority of the total population so the majority thinks it can mislabel the sins of a few of these Muslims as the sins of the whole. You are doing it here then telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I happen to WORK with Muslims. Many aren't even immigrated citizens yet. The company I work for is Muslim owned. My direct supervisor is a Pakistani.

Keep telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about though. You are only proving my initial proclamation in this thread to me.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think I just made it perfectly clear that the situations are not the same at all. Demographics are different too.(countries of origin)

By your definition of "islamophobe" you are an "islamophile", you love all of them based on your experience with the few.

You see, those nice guys are only a few and they don't represent the majority as a whole.

See how that works.
edit on 2-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I think I just made it perfectly clear that the situations are not the same at all.

You made it perfectly clear that you think the situations aren't the same. But a difference of a few percentage points in the total population isn't really that big of a difference.

Besides, the US has WAY more experience dealing with 3rd country immigrants/refugees because that has only been our entire thing for the last 200+ years we've been a country.

By your definition of "islamophobe" you are an "islamophile", you love all of them based on your experience with the few.

You are putting words in my mouth. I readily admit that some Muslims are bad. I NEVER and I repeat NEVER said that all Muslims are benevolent. I just don't judge someone JUST because they are Muslim. I let their actions judge them instead.

You see, those nice guys are only a few and they don't represent the majority as a whole.

See how that works.

I do, but you still don't get my points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join