It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's X-Files: Timewatch BBC 2 Tonight

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Tonight at 20:10 on BBC 2

Source - BBC 2 Listings Guide

Britain's X-Files: Timewatch
Sat 8 Jan, 8:10 pm - 9:00 pm 50mins

The amazing true story of Britain's X-Files examines the bizarre and intriguing history of Britain's UFO phenomena. The journey takes in sceptical prime ministers, senior RAF officers, and royal believers Prince Philip and Lord Mountbatten.

The X-Files opened in 1950 when Clement Attlee's government established the extraordinary Flying Saucer Working Party, and ended in 2000 when the Ministry of Defence disbanded its UFO intelligence unit.

In between, flying saucers played on our deepest fears of the communist threat during the Cold War, and exploded into popular culture in the 1960s. But why did flying saucers suddenly appear in Britain, and why did the government take so long to admit that something was going on?

Timewatch tracks down the eyewitnesses to Britain's landmark UFO cases, and reveals the story of an encounter in 1955 between Prince Philip's equerry and a mysterious 'alien' called Mr Janus.

Britain's X-Files charts the decades of sightings recorded by the British government, and examines whether rational explanations stand up to scrutiny.

This could be very interesting, I was just writing up a post about Sir Peter Horsley's encounter for ATS.

Jack

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Superb find JAK! Somehow I totally missed that when i looked at the scheduling, must watch.

JAK

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just a bump really incase there are some who might be interested but missed it earlier. On in a few minutes.

So err... Well *bump* I suppose.

Jack

JAK

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here would appear to be a radio version of the same show.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not the full programme, but fairly extensive and covering the main points.

Jack

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cheers for bumping this up at just the right time, I was luckily reading this thread at 8.00pm, leaving me enough time to make a cuppa and get the old box on.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Irma]

new topics

top topics

join