It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EffexZoxStyle

Interesting video.
Still digesting the implications of Mark Cuban - Loose Change thanks for posting..

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EffexZoxStyle

I watched the video, not a particular fan of AJ, I feel the comical character based on AJ is somewhat accurate.

I wouldn't go so far as to speculate that the writers/producers have some insider knowledge.

They could simply be influenced by certain gatekeepers like AJ, or hold opinions that align with conspiracies and wish to convey them through their particular medium.

Then again,

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My first thought was that maybe ATS was the ghost writer for the first episode... Everything Fox Mulder talked about in his epiphany with Scully is everything that has been covered extensively on this web site... I thought it was OK... Looking forward to see what the next 4 episodes have to offer...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hope everyone is ready for the next episode, I believe it will be covering the lizard people.

I wonder if it will be a shapeshifter, and/or come from outer space?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Alright, 3rd episode.....

Spoiler time:

A lizardman, gets bit by a human, and transform into a human....

WTF?

Hokey.... the first two episodes were, you know, serious. Then... this...

Mulder and Sculley chase the shape-shifting lizard-man into a portapotty... but find a man inside... and go on to search somewhere else...

I guess this is just a message to all the conspiracists... the lizard alien theory is a big joke....

I think I need a green bottle...

On a side note: I saw a commercial for X-files, the first line was '9/11 was an inside job'. That's nice, the first episode has many one-liners to shut down a myriad of conspiracy theories.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Yeah. Watching episode 3 now.
I was very excited they were coming back....but.....
It seems more like a "B-horror movie" script.

How very disappointing.
sigh

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think Chris Carter is playing a big fat joke on us all....

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think different fans like different things about X-Files

Not everyone is all serious about it.

Some just enjoy the chemistry between Scully and Mulder.

And some really love "Monster of the Month".

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor The third episode sorta played out like a comedy, IMO. I felt like the message was, humans are the only real monsters. That message was good but, could of been all serious and eerie like the monster episodes of the past.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor
Really was it that good or was it any good. You know the CIA were endorsing it in this thread, Link I don't know about there tastes.

But I was thinking of giving it a try, the original show did not suck that bad, I mean it had a few great episodes. Who knows maybe this one will as well. But by what you describe there, I will probably wait till it gets a few episodes or seasons in and watch them all, don't like the whole wait till next week thing shows do. Its pretty much how I watch all shows.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think different fans like different things about X-Files

Not everyone is all serious about it.

Some just enjoy the chemistry between Scully and Mulder.

And some really love "Monster of the Month".

The Monster of the Week and funny episodes were most definitely some of my very favourites.
I loved the Killer Cockroach one for sample, Jose Chung's, X-Cops, Bad Blood - hokey, hilarious and very tongue in cheek.
But this latest 'Man-Lizard' one was so bad, a mess and the acting and chemistry was woeful.
But sure, each to their own and if people loved it then more power to them.
edit on 3-2-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

it is epic

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Finally got around to watching episode 3 and loved it. This was classic monster-of-the-week X-files. Lots of funny lines and I enjoyed the fact that this episode was poking fun at the X-Files in general. Scully and Mulder also seemed to have better chemistry in this episode compared to the first two.

Tidbits: Anyone catch Mulder's ringtone? The stoners at the beginning were also stoners in Quagmire and War of the Coprophages from Season 3. The suit and hat the monster was wearing is a nod to Kolchak in the Nightstalker series which influenced Chris Carter while creating the X-Files.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I for one am totally stoked they are doing a "new" X-Files!! I loved the first 3 Ep, and I can't wait till tomorrow night to watch the 4th.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
SPOILER:

Episode 4 was pretty good, I enjoy the more serious nature of the show. However, a little disappointed about the conclusion, or lack there of. Mulder and Scully learn from their main suspect that the killer is a trash monster, and then what, just go home?

Oh well, no point to dwell on it, looking forward to the final 2 episodes; I'm betting the last episode will be like the first.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Anyone watch episode 5 yesterday?

It was quite a trip...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor
I thought it sucked tbh.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor ***SPOILER ALERT***
Was it determined if the ''trip'' was real? or were they saying thoughts and prayer can be transmitted telepathically somehow and it really was just a placebo effect? and the agent was just covering her but.
I enjoyed this episode.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

*SPOILER*

I think it was a placebo, but who knows. I had a good confused laugh, especially since it went from all serious to... Mulder line dancing and taking shots at a strip club...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor ***Spoiler!***
I started grinning as soon as Mulder started walking down the hall. His solo dance bit, if I'm not mistaken, was from Saturday Night Fever and had me laughing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join