It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA declassifies hundreds of UFO documents and considers you easily influenced?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The part I find most interesting is how the article is written and how gimmicky it is. It has an almost feel as they are laughing at you in front of your face.

Warning For the paranoid this is hosted on cia.gov

Take a Peek Into Our “X-Files” The CIA declassified hundreds of documents in 1978 detailing the Agency’s investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs). The documents date primarily from the late 1940s and 1950s.

To help navigate the vast amount of data contained in our FOIA UFO collection, we’ve decided to highlight a few documents both skeptics and believers will find interesting.

Below you will find five documents we think X-Files character Agent Fox Mulder would love to use to try and persuade others of the existence of extraterrestrial activity.

We also pulled five documents we think his skeptical partner, Agent Dana Scully, could use to prove there is a scientific explanation for UFO sightings. The truth is out there; click on the links to find it.

Do you want to believe?

Is the translation that we are laughing at you and cant believe people take this seriously?

Or is the CIA trying to get attention from people that fall for cheap marketing tactics?

Or what kind of candidate or age group are they targeting with this?

edit on 12131America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 20:12:42 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Wow. Talk about blatant, in your face. Think they are trying to ridicule anything in the show that might hint of truth.

Actually clicked on this right after finishing the 2nd episode of X files, which seems to be truth mixed with fiction. But, lest anyone relate anything to truth they must preempt with a joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Wow. Talk about blatant, in your face. Think they are trying to ridicule anything in the show that might hint of truth.

Actually in one hand I think they might be trying to capture some of the xfiles appeal in hope to spark some interest on the younger generation.

However, what quality of candidate or age group are they hoping to target with this?

edit on 23131America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 20:23:08 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Anything the CIA says publicly should probably be taken with a grain of salt, especially with regard to this topic. It's in their best interest to manipulate public opinion, not to disseminate accurate information.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Sometimes things are what they appear and often with govt there are real intentions and than there are perceived intentions.

I just found this kind of strange.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I would think it is us....or anyone who believes in anything they like to call a conspiracy other than their own.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They’re trying to be nice to a group (UFO enthusiasts) whom they clearly think are a bit silly and crazy, but (like Earth in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) mostly harmless.

Sorry if it offends, but this is the way most of us regard UFO believers. It’s better than baiting you or hating you, isn’t it?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

They have over half a century of knowledge of how to play the public mind since UFOs became a very huge factor into the lives of all humans. Please note everybody, the discussion have shifted away from those mysterious things, UFOs, to a high-minded level of talk about alien planets way out there somewhere. Not only that but while the troublesome alien UFOs are evidence of technology far advance over our capabilities, the new discussions centering around (and beyond) Kardashev's theory of highly advanced levels of civilizations are starting to be taken seriously.

You see the problem is not so much that Joe citizen will be much affected by the coming of the ETs, but that the whole field of science and the very nature of science from a human point of view is going to be taking a big hit, in effect, defeated and turned into a whimpering bastard child of humanity. That ain't never good. So there is a certain delicacy of touch needed upon that quarter of human egos more so than what is lavished on Joe Sixpack.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well, it's a well known fact that the CIA has used the cover of UFO's to cover up top secret projects and to be completely honest with you the CIA wouldn't really be the agency that would have all the good info on UFO's. The agency with credible info on UFO's would be the National Geo-Spacial Intelligence Agency. See they are the ones in charge of what happens on earth from above the earth.

Whether you believe in Aliens or not, it's too good of a cover for any government agency to come out and confirm the existence Extra-terrestrials.

Of course there are other forms of intelligence in the universe, the real question is have they developed interstellar travel. This is a scientifically factual statement.
edit on 25-1-2016 by gpols because: Grammar

edit on 25-1-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, all I have to say is that "all that MK Ultra money wasn't wasted on nothing......"

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

the whole field of science and the very nature of science from a human point of view is going to be taking a big hit

I don't understand why that would be?

Science is not based on emotions or gut feelings but rather testable theories and laws . If ET comes with some new tricks that breaks our laws of physics science would adjust.

Politicians might take the hit , but science is science even when proven wrong.

edit on 58131America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 20:58:22 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Sorry if it offends, but this is the way most of us regard UFO believers.

Doesn't offend me any.

To be quite honest I don't see how anyone can be certain of whether they exist or not as their is no evidence to suggest either way.

I think its pretty common for many scientist and most people to believe its unlikely that we are the only life in the universe. In addition , we have observed how life can flourish under extreme conditions. Check out tardigrade.

Also gov'ts of the world are not really known for their upfront honesty nor are Corporations.

I'm not saying they are visiting us but I surely won't say with 100% certainty that they aren't visiting us if they exist. Yes its highly unlikely they are visiting due to the lack of evidence . but I think you can't fully dismiss it either.

If anything I think those who believe with 100% certainty that Aliens exist and are visiting us are equivalent when it comes to grey matter to those who believe 100% that they aren't.

Also I think the gov;t and corporations have done a fairly good job at earning that distrust.
edit on 23131America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jan 2016 21:23:36 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I think its pretty common for many scientist and most people to believe its unlikely that we are the only life in the universe.

So do I, but that tells us nothing about the origins or existence of UFOs.

Also gov'ts of the world are not really known for their upfront honesty nor are Corporations.

Neither are people. We are all liars. Again, this tells us nothing about the origins or existence of UFOs.

If anything I think those who believe with 100% certainty that Aliens exist and are visiting us are equivalent when it comes to grey matter to those who believe 100% that they aren't.

What do you think of people who believe with 100% conviction (which is what I think you meant by ‘certainty’) that this topic is worth, at most, a few minutes’ attention a year?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

So do I, but that tells us nothing about the origins or existence of UFOs.

Agreed. Wasn't claiming it did but rather that their is a possibility. It appears that we both agree on this.

Neither are people. We are all liars. Again, this tells us nothing about the origins or existence of UFOs.

agreed again.

What do you think of people who believe with 100% conviction

I think that anybody that agrees 100% conviction is probably dealing more with faith than science on both sides of the fence.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Maybe we should all remind them, and remind ourselves as well, that they, the CIA implanted African Americans and many others with venereal diseases without their knowledge or consent, which caused many deaths and crippling injury, and they dosed people with drugs and other diseases in the United States and those in the CIA that did these things were never punished or exterminated like they needed to be.

Perhaps if the CIA had anyone in it's upper echelons who had an ounce of honor, then we could take anything they announce a bit more seriously. The CIA claimed they never even had any UFO files until CAUSE sued them, and then they released a few heavily redacted pages of UFO material. It's always funny to see what these fools will conjure up and spread like cow manure on their web site for people to read..

They are testing scopolamine on people these days without their knowledge or consent. It's the same stuff that grows naturally in South America, and it is used on tourists to steal all their money, and they wake up later with no memory of going to the bank and giving all their money to some pimp.

I suppose the CIA is so conceited with themselves these days that there is no going back for them. They passed the point of no return a long time ago. Judgement day is coming for them, and they don't even know it.
edit on 25-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Maybe we should all remind them, and remind ourselves as well, that they, the CIA implanted African Americans and many others with venereal diseases without their knowledge or consent, ....

Is that the Culinary Institute of America you're referring to? You are alleging this happened on planet Sol-III, right?

It just didn't sync with the reality I've constructed around myself, is all. No offense meant.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
As I've watched the world of UFO reports, it seems probable that the CIA and other agencies were eager to collect such reports from the Soviet Union, China, and other hostile areas precisely because they knew the reports were NOT caused by aliens but by military space/missile/aviation activities there [as most Soviet-era UFO flaps were actually engendered by]]. Further, if the regime there did NOT realize why such 'UFO reports' were of great overseas interest, all the better, otherwise they might censor UFO articles in their own media and close a valuable window that the CIA had into those closed societies. Moscow actually did clamp down in 1968, decreeing UFO discussions forbidden, probably when they realized how much of their cookie jar secrets were leaking out through popular UFO articles in their own media.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
At least the CIA has open-press materials and even opinion pieces online. KGB-FSB has no comparable site.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Why only declassify hundreds? Declassify and post all of it!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
"and considers you easily influenced?"

Say, it, ain't, so!

I consider you all easily influenced.....(present company excluded, of course)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join