It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: Annee

I just saw X-COPS episode yesterday (S7, E12)

Oh my god, so brilliant & hilarious. Easily one of my favorite episodes of any tv show ever.

Not sure I saw it. Sounds awesome.

I tried never to miss an ep, but I live in a desert area. Every time it gets windy it takes out the FOX station. Must be a conspiracy. LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Do you have Netflix? Mulder & scully happen to be on a crime scene where they're filming the show "COPS" & so the cameras start following them around. It was genius.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So did anyone watch tonight's episode? My Struggle part II

Holy molly, what a scary premise. And that cliff hanger! What made me paranoid the most is the fact that the original spin-off series called The Lone Gunmen predicted 9/11. Could Chris Carter be trying to get a message out?

Mhem, probably just entertainment. But that ending, WTH! That's the cliffhanger!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alphaTango Just watched it. Not a fan of the subject matter **spoiler alert***
I don't like pandemics.
What the heck with the ending! They have to make more shows!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

Do you have Netflix? Mulder & scully happen to be on a crime scene where they're filming the show "COPS" & so the cameras start following them around. It was genius.

Crappy internet where I am right now. Won't support Netflix.

I can check it out next week.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was always a huge fan of The X Files. I did not care for the reboot. It had two good episodes, the second one and last one minus that CLIFFHANGER ending.

I mean what did we really learn? Still have no idea where William is. The smoking man is clearly of cockroach lineage because he just won't die not even when he is in an explosion. The two young agents are Scully/Mulder wannabes. Really Agent Einstein?

I wanted more aliens and answers!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
*Minor SPOILER alert*
It would seem they set up things up to be a search for William, and with that cliffhanger possibly Scully? It blew my mind for sure, and I sincerely hope they don't replace Scully and Mulder with the new duo.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Finally got around to the final episode and I got to say, I could have skipped it entirely. Season 10 has been an overall disappointment for me. I guess like other things, you just can't re-capture the magic that made it great. Or can you? I thought episodes 2, 3 and parts of 4 were classic X Files. The rest was convoluted and just not very entertaining.

Here is my ratings 1-10 for the 6 episodes:

1-My Struggle: I'll give it a 7. Should be a 6 but I give it an extra point just because it's the first episode and I got all nostalgic when the theme song started. The chemistry just wasn't there between Mulder and Fox. I felt they were trying to squeeze way too much information into this episode.

2- Founders Mutation - Solid 8. The chemistry was better. Decent writing. They never really explained the X-Files being re-opened though.

3 - Were-Monster - Easily a 9. Seems as though this is most everyone's favorite episode of season 10. Great writing. Great chemistry. Great acting. A couple laugh out loud moments. Just a classic, fun X-Files episode.

4 - Home Again - I'll give it a hesitant 7. Could have been another good "Monster of the week" episode only to be dragged down with Scully's side story. Every time there was a scene with Scully in the hospital with her mother, I couldn't wait for it to be over and get back to the action.

5 - Babylon - I'll be generous and give it a 5. This is easily one of, if not the worst X-Files episodes ever made. So convoluted. Nothing made sense at all. The Scully and Fox dopplegangers were just plain annoying. Agent Einstein? Really? Fox on shrooms (or was he?). It was all bad.

6 - My Struggle II - Maybe a 6. Once again, we are subjected to the Fox and Scully wannabes. Einstein is just a b*tch and I cringe when she opens her mouth. Miller is just a handsome face with no personality. I was hoping that maybe they would get killed off in this episode. For no discernible reason soldiers suddenly seem to be becoming anthrax infected lizards and everybody else has flu. The Smoking man's nose has fallen off and the world is going to end. Scully decides that her DNA is the cure and with barely 10 minutes left begins to put together a vaccine. The episode ends on a cheesy cliffhanger and fans are left with more questions than answers.

Overall, I'd give Season 10 a rating of 6. It was just plain "meh". Some of the disappointment comes from having my hopes too high of course. However, it just seems that most of the episodes were just thrown together at the last minute to milk the cash cow one more time. There are rumors that there will be a Season 11 with Duchovny and Anderson returning. If that's the case, I will still watch in hopes that the writing improves. If it's replacements, I'm done.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I think part of the problem is also the writing for most TV shows has now become so sophisticated and the bar has been set so high that to just continue with the same level of writing as they did years ago in the hopes they could get by with cheesy references makes it seem even more pedestrian and rushed.

It had all the potential to be great but the main draw was shallow nostalgia instead of substance. The Lizard man episode was definitely an exception.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I like the new couple. She's quirky and he's gorgeous (Arrows cousin BTW)

I like the idea of new stories with Scully and Mulder's son.

Hated sappy Scully.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The new couple doesn't have the charisma or chemistry to pull it off on their own.
She has enough IT factor, but not him...Would need a stronger male lead, but not a Mulder clone. He'd have to have his own "feel" to pull it off.

Definitely left us all hanging, with the world in the balance.

As conspiracy theories go, it's actually pretty solid, and the ONLY way I've ever seen chemtrails presented that would actually make any sense (as long as the elite choices are safe from it).

Was cool to see CSM again though...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
The new couple doesn't have the charisma or chemistry to pull it off on their own.
She has enough IT factor, but not him...Would need a stronger male lead, but not a Mulder clone. He'd have to have his own "feel" to pull it off.

Did Scully and Mulder have chemistry right off? She was pretty mousy in the beginning.

Mulder was definitely (originally) written as a stronger character.

Scully evolved from mousy to be the stronger character. Seems positions have reversed.

I'm OK with that.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The young Miller drives a late model Mustang and was into "noise analysis" in the Babylon episode.
Seems a little more technical than Mulder but more Briggs and Myers type J than Mulders P.
I'm wondering who called the late night Dorito that showed up right at the end when they were stuck on the bridge?
The last time we saw that thing fly overhead and shine its light down, a girls car exploded like it contained a bomb?

edit on 2-3-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8   >>

join