It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good-bye, Glen Frey... Take It Easy.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
man, hard month for my rock hero's.

Take it easy, Glen....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks Glenn.. see you on the other side!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
When I read this thread earlier in the day I just sat and cried as I listened to some of the posted tunes.
Then I asked myself how this man's death could have such a profound effect on me. It was much the same as learning that a dear friend has passed even though I've never met the man. Never even seen him live and in person.
But who hasn't made a lot of good memories listening the them?
Which would be my favorite Eagles tune? Whatever is playing. There's no way to pick one, not for me.
My Beloved bought me the 1972-1999 box set back a few years ago. I loaded the entire set into the player and we had an Eagles concert.
I did make it to Winslow and stood on the corner.

(Gonna attempt my first photo insertion here.)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What is going on this year/month?

Jeez.

RIP

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Hey that's awesome!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I do not know. We have truly lost some greats!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

WHAaaat? NNNOOOO!!!

What the heck is happening???

My favorite? Can't say.
Take it Easy
Already Gone
Take it To The Limit......
????
nah. All of them. Pure genius.
Sad, sad year so far.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Okay, yeah -
"The Best of My Love" ---

my first "love" from High School and I shared this song as "ours". Once after we'd split up, he called me and just played the record. Didn't say a thing.

He and I 'came of age' together.
I miss him still!
Steve, where are you now??

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Once after we'd split up, he called me and just played the record.

That's so sweet! Very touching.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Welcome to the hotel california. I am sure some in heaven are saying and or singing for him when he arrived. Alot of great actors,musicians,and others have passed this week. Such as alan rickman. Although Glen fry was not killed or murdered i think this line from Galaxy quest would get a smile from him.By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.

Yeah a little silly,but im sure it would had made him laugh.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, as someone who's loved the Eagles since I was probably 18 or so, I'm surprised I hadn't heard about this until I saw it here. I wouldn't have thought Glen Frey would die so soon. I'm pretty sure they were still performing until quite recently and he still sounded great. You'd think it would have been Joe Walsh if anyone was gonna go.

Oh well. It's bad news but you can't really feel too bad for guys like this. He had a very full and rich life even if he didn't live as long as some people do. I personally always loved his voice even more than Don's. I guess they're through as a band now. Henley might do more on his own but there's not much point doing Eagles stuff without Frey.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I was late coming to this group...only about 10 years ago (busy w/family) and was immediately taken in. First song i took to was Desparado. OMG what I missed all those years. When I heard I about the death I sat and re listened to some of their best hits. Had to stop cause I thought I might cry all night. Don't feel this sense of loss with many artists.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
damn. first bowie, now frey.

tonight will be an eagles night. starting with this right here.

edit on 25-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join