It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Files Lawsuit Over Secretly Filmed Videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Planned Parenthood filed a federal lawsuit on Thursday against the Center for Medical Progress, the anti-abortion group responsible for secretly filming abortion providers over a two-year span. The suit, to be filed in a U.S. District Court in San Francisco, charges that the Irvine, California–based activists violated the Federal Racketeering and Corrupt Organization Act, or RICO Act.

The suit outlines the steps taken by Daleiden & Co. just to get in the buildings of the various abortion providers. Among them: falsified licenses, and creating a fake fetal-tissue research company called "BioMax Procurement Services" with a fictitious CEO, faux employees, and a sham website.

Planned Parenthood Files Lawsuit Over Secretly Filmed Videos

It is about time that the Orwellian named "Center for Medical Progress" was taken to task and hauled into a courtroom! The blunt truth is that there is nothing "medical" nor "progressive" about this organization. It's a theocratic political hit squad and nothing more. Just a bunch of agenda driven liars, deliberately lying - gas lighting and creating blatant propaganda meant to change the laws in the US to suit their desires.

While the First Amendment does protect that aspect of their behavior... It does not cover one of the most insulting aspects of their sins.

Doing so while enjoying tax exempt status.

That's right folks - Apparently subverting the narrative in this country by creating and disseminating whole cloth fabrications to push religion based political agenda is something that Mr Daleiden felt deserved tax exempt status. I guess he believes strongly enough in his cause to lie and cheat - just not enough to pay taxes on the money he's making from it.

I, for one, think this is long, long overdue. There is currently too much lawlessness and chaos entering into the political debate. People who engage in this sort of deliberate misrepresentation - misrepresentation that has cost American taxpayers an insane amount of money to investigate and disprove, need to be held accountable.

Whether one is pro-life or pro-choice, we all should want the debate to be based upon facts and not muddied by dirt merchants like this group.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am wondering what took so long for them to file suit. I'm surprised that they didn't file suit while all of those videos were coming out...they probably could have gotten a cease and desist order and/or a gag order placed upon the videos and their producers.

Nevertheless, this story has already been posted

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Gah, searched and didn't see it. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I was so happy to see this was happening.

a reply to: WeDemBoyz

If I'm not mistaken, there was an effort to stop CMP from releasing further videos, but it didn't happen. I think it was a temporary restraining order. But I forget the details. Here we go: www.cnn.com...

In any case, it takes time to organize a lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think it's a bold move by PP, that needed to be done --- and I fully support.

It's time to legally remove any, and all, religious opposition of women's rights to their body.

Enough is enough. GO! PP!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I am wondering what took so long for them to file suit. I'm surprised that they didn't file suit while all of those videos were coming out...they probably could have gotten a cease and desist order and/or a gag order placed upon the videos and their producers.

Nevertheless, this story has already been posted

And then the right wing fanatics would have ran with "PP has something to hide"...

They made a good decision to let the dust settle rather than put themselves in a position to look like they're trying to disguise wrongdoing.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Actually this is the third lawsuit that has been filed.
Stem express filed one...
Then the National Abortion Federation filed theirs. This one CMP took all the way up to the supreme court trying just to stop the discovery proecess (the process where the opposing parties previde the relevant information to each other).
Planned parenthood has been quite busy fighting the backlash of all of this, I don't really blame them for waiting while the NAF (which planned parenthood is a member of) did the hard part.

I am not sure what happened in the stem express lawsuit, if it's still ongoing or what. But the NAF lawsuit has about the same complaints and accusations as the planned parenthood one has and both are asking for quite a bit in damages (more than the defendants will be able to pay) And well, they are both citing RICO, accusing them of conspiracy. And, I think that the FOX interview kind of is proof to that if I remember right.
And well, when you get into taping people without their knowing in california there's some pretty good jail time involved, along with faking ids, purjury while setting up CMP, creating a fake company and passing around fake advertisement, mailing them through mail system...
well, I kind of think that they bit off more than they could chew and might choke, unless they can convince the court that it was all done as a journalistic endeavor to expose an illegality that would be in a public interest.
only the judge in the NAF case has already said that the full videos don't show anything illegal..

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Nice thread Heff..Yeah man it's good that PP fight back against these right wing nuts..Rightwingers are all for gun rights,but when it comes to abortion they want no rights for Women.Hypocrites..

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It wasn't posted in BAN so you're good

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah, I alerted this thread and the rest of the staff slapped me and told me to wake up. LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

LOL well... have some caffeine!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So planned parent hood is pissed because they were exposed. You wanna take one group to court you better take planned parent hood with you.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So planned parent hood is pissed because they were exposed. You wanna take one group to court you better take planned parent hood with you.

Isn't the motto of this site: "Deny Ignorance"?

CMP manipulated with untruths to promote their agenda.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How do we know for sure the PP lawsuits aren't extended ignorance?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Annee

How do we know for sure the PP lawsuits aren't extended ignorance?

Which side?

This is a subject I follow closely.

And unlike you, I read "every side".

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Exposed how exactly? There are more lies and distortions floating around about the videos as there are lies and distortions IN the videos themselves.

On a related note... your signature about propaganda is very relevant here.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

planned parenthood has been tied up with an enormous amount of investigations and court cases as a result of those tapes.
I may be wrong, but I don't think any of those court cases or investigations have been all that fruitful..
it's about time we get a closer look at the other side of it!!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Exposed through proven lies told by verified frauds. I'd be very interested to know your logic as to how that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
are these videos available on youtube?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rida500

there posted on ats, it seemed like each one deserved it's own thread as they came out. and ya, they are on you tube also... as well as the CMP website if it's still around.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join